Selena Gomez

I just watched her Vogue 73 Questions. I know these things are all scripted but her's was especially awful/cringe-inducing. She has no "it" factor to me, I just don't get it.

And remember when the Biebs swiped her v-card? Lol.

edit: where's your info from? Just googled and can't find anything recent.
Google! I think I searched her name and either "drugs" or "cocaine" and a bunch of articles popped up. Not very reliable sources but I was shocked at the number of times she's gone to "rehab". She's certainly kept a really good girl image but birds of a feather flock together.. I can't imagine dating someone like The Weeknd (who has openly admitted to 'using' in order to create content for his most recent album) and not dabbling once in a while.

I just watched her Vogue 73 Questions. I know these things are all scripted but her's was especially awful/cringe-inducing. She has no "it" factor to me, I just don't get it.

"What's the silliest nickname ever given to you?"
"Flaca."

...damn straight that's a silly nickname.

I just don't get these. They're clearly trying to portray this "omg so relatable and totally spontaneous" vibe, and yet they're so clearly scripted and blocked out and forced.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

She literally made a career out of nothing. She's not different than Kim Kardashian to me but is somehow more 'talented' to make people think she's a legit actress/singer. She's pretty but in a really common way, she can't act, she can't sing, there isn't anything she has more than any other CW actress/wannabes like Nina Dobrev or Victoria Justice, but she made it and is now getting a lot of credits in the fashion world. Just to say a nice thing, lol, her Vogue cover was good

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 2 users
She literally made a career out of nothing. She's not different than Kim Kardashian to me but is somehow more 'talented' to make people think she's a legit actress/singer. She's pretty but in a really common way, she can't act, she can't sing, there isn't anything she has more than any other CW actress/wannabes like Nina Dobrev or Victoria Justice, but she made it and is now getting a lot of credits in the fashion world. Just to say a nice thing, lol, her Vogue cover was good
I actually disagree - she was talented when she was young. She did the stuff on Barney, and I actually remember when she was on Wizards of Waverly Place and she actually impressed me by not totally sucking at acting, like every other Disney kid. I wish she had done more serious things with her career - taken challenging acting roles or sang something other than annoying formulaic Top 40s.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

So she's at least talented in the sense that she's good at being good at nothing. She actually was kind of talented back when she was on Disney and still is to some degree. I don't think her singing/acting are particularly special, but she cultivated a brand and very successfully appeals to a huge/profitable demographic and has consistently been doing so for many years now. She's in an entirely different league than B-list actresses like Nina Dobrev and Victoria Justice. Her success isn't just luck. It definitely takes some talent to get to where she is.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
So she's at least talented in the sense that she's good at being good at nothing. She actually was kind of talented back when she was on Disney and still is to some degree. I don't think her singing/acting are particularly special, but she cultivated a brand and very successfully appeals to a huge/profitable demographic and has consistently been doing so for many years now. She's in an entirely different league than B-list actresses like Nina Dobrev and Victoria Justice. Her success isn't just luck. It definitely takes some talent to get to where she is.
Yes, but I don't think she has any more talent than them. I am not seeing she's completely talentless, just a mediocre actress. She definitely has a good team behind her and made some smart choices unlike other Disney stars, but looking at the work she did (I used to like her a lot when I was a preteen lol) I just can't justify this kind of image/success being due to her talent, it's definitely not what makes her stand out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
looking cute imho

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users
"What's the silliest nickname ever given to you?"
"Flaca."

...damn straight that's a silly nickname.

I just don't get these. They're clearly trying to portray this "omg so relatable and totally spontaneous" vibe, and yet they're so clearly scripted and blocked out and forced.
They work when the person is actually charismatic...

I think she has a good team and made the right friendships/relationships through her career.
I agree. I have nothing against her, but it does seem like a lot of the guys she's been dating has been for publicity. She was famous as a disney-star, but when she got into a relationship with Justin Bieber, she got so much more attention (not saying their relationship was/is fake). She also dated Zedd while making music with him, and was rumored to date others while making music together, like Charlie Puth. When The Weekend suddenly became a big deal she got involved with him as well. This relationship did seem like the real deal as well, but she did move on very quickly after their break-up in October, so it could have been for publicity as well...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I agree. I have nothing against her, but it does seem like a lot of the guys she's been dating has been for publicity. She was famous as a disney-star, but when she got into a relationship with Justin Bieber, she got so much more attention (not saying their relationship was/is fake). She also dated Zedd while making music with him, and was rumored to date others while making music together, like Charlie Puth. When The Weekend suddenly became a big deal she got involved with him as well. This relationship did seem like the real deal as well, but she did move on very quickly after their break-up in October, so it could have been for publicity as well...
Seems a little unfair to say that that relationship was publicity when she was more famous than he was by that point. She's worth ~50+ million, has 130 million instagram followers, has had 10 songs on Billboard's Top 100 (Good for You peaked at #5, 396million listens on Spotify), and was honored as Billboard's Chart Topper in 2015. I don't care for her work at all but I think it's extremely unfair to say her fame is totally as 'a girlfriend'.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users