Selena Gomez

DEI-440x285-F-S5-DP1-FR_HD-720x466.jpg

1. What is that pose?..
2. I almost feel bad that they put her right next to a skinny in the same red leather pants.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the photograph's job to correct a bad posture in a pic? Doesn't he have to direct a little bit?

Reactions: 1 user
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the photograph's job to correct a bad posture in a pic? Doesn't he have to direct a little bit?

My grandmother always said (and I'm translating here, so bear with me) "putting make-up on a pig won't help". In other words, if someone isn't attractive, there are no miracle fixes. You can only improve a person by a small degree. Some people just don't take directions - and there's not much a photographer can do about that..

• Funny
She's surely only been hired due to having the most instagram followers, but please tell me - what 14 year old girls are buying copious amounts of LV? How will Selena possibly improve their sales?
Ms Gomez is the epitome of the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none' she's everywhere - singing, acting, social media-ing, and now 'modelling'; but she sucks at all of them.

She's surely only been hired due to having the most instagram followers, but please tell me - what 14 year old girls are buying copious amounts of LV? How will Selena possibly improve their sales?
Ms Gomez is the epitome of the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none' she's everywhere - singing, acting, social media-ing, and now 'modelling'; but she sucks at all of them.
Alright your post are funny enough but you're doing the whole "I'll post as most as humanely possible in the space of 60 seconds" thing all rookies tend to do, and given recent events, I would advise against doing that, just saying:seeya:

Alright your post are funny enough but you're doing the whole "I'll post as most as humanely possible in the space of 60 seconds" thing all rookies tend to do, and given recent events, I would advise against doing that, just saying:seeya:

Apologies if it looks like I've been doing that, but I've actually just been really inactive the last few days while taking my exams and haven't had the opportunity to comment much at all on here, so just went on all the threads I follow this evening to catch up! I've mostly been trying to maintain a pretty solid comment to like ratio to ensure I don't spam and my posts aren't super low quality just to move on from rookie status.

Seems like an unpopular opinion here, but I like the campaign and I think she fits in quite well.
Sure, she could lose some, but I think she isn't half as annoying as most of the other models turned celebs / celebs turned models. Also possibly because I think she knows perfectly well that she doesn't look like a model. Makes me like her more.

Also, just saying, the campaign is shot by Bruce Weber, and I'd assume he thought twice about that 'bad pose'. You may not like it, you don't have to. But it always makes me cringe a little when people try to 'correct' the outcome of a creative process just because they don't understand it.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm certain her instagram following is the main reason, but I doubt they're all 14 year olds(97.2 million?).

My boyfriend and I are both software engineers. I live in Seattle, and he lives in Santa Clara. In both of these regions the young girls have incredible spending power. To put in perspective, I once worked for a programming summer workshop and one of the bullying issue that occurred was the difference in models of Nintendo DS vs DSi. As for Selena, personally, I think it's a smart move. Designer brands seem unapproachable and old to the upcoming teens. If they want to diverse their market they need a relatable face. The only thing I still can't get over is how boring her face is in this photos. I don't think she's the worse, but it seems like whenever their a campaign she makes the same face.

Seems like an unpopular opinion here, but I like the campaign and I think she fits in quite well.
Sure, she could lose some, but I think she isn't half as annoying as most of the other models turned celebs / celebs turned models. Also possibly because I think she knows perfectly well that she doesn't look like a model. Makes me like her more.

Also, just saying, the campaign is shot by Bruce Weber, and I'd assume he thought twice about that 'bad pose'. You may not like it, you don't have to. But it always makes me cringe a little when people try to 'correct' the outcome of a creative process just because they don't understand it.

yea, I thought about half the models had really awkward and, in my opinion, ugly poses too- not just Gomez, so I figured its the photog was at hand.

To say, the poses aren't my thing, but if it sells, it sells

I feel like her face at any weight just looks so swollen! I'm not sure if that's because her eyes are small (not a crime of hers, that's on god) or because her body fat percentage is always high for her weight, but she's always got that "bouncy" look about her, and a really allergic-reaction sort of look on her face like she just ate a peanut

I feel like her face at any weight just looks so swollen! I'm not sure if that's because her eyes are small (not a crime of hers, that's on god) or because her body fat percentage is always high for her weight, but she's always got that "bouncy" look about her, and a really allergic-reaction sort of look on her face like she just ate a peanut

Hm, good point. I think the swollen factor of her face gives her the same expression in all of her shots. I don't know if this is true. But I would imagine if someone had a lot of fat accumulated on their features it would be difficult to create interesting facial expressions. Just a thought, then again babies can make some incredible faces... IDK.

On another note, I think she always looks swollen due to salt intake. She mainly eats crap(cheetohs, McDonalds) which is super high in salt content.

Nah I don't think LV cares about Instagram followers, they never booked any Instagram models for their campaigns or runway shows. I think she has a nice friendship with Nicholas Ghesquiere and that's her luck. Many celebs get close to designers to they can get good clothes and campaigns & designers get close to celebs so the clothes get more attention. He definitely cares about her status, I'm Sure her followers play a part but she didn't get booked just for that.

Don't mean to revive a dead thread but it appears our It Girl here had/has a problem with alcohol and cocaine? Apparently I've been living under a rock. It had nothing to do with lupus... all those rehab stints... it was vodka/benzo/coke use.

I'm a little surprised but then again, I did wonder how she and Abel got along so well. Like two peas in a pod.... :slutboobs:

Now the real question is: did she blow up every time she got out of rehab? Because that would explain.. things.

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Don't mean to revive a dead thread but it appears our It Girl here had/has a problem with alcohol and cocaine? Apparently I've been living under a rock. It had nothing to do with lupus... all those rehab stints... it was vodka/benzo/coke use.

I'm a little surprised but then again, I did wonder how she and Abel got along so well. Like two peas in a pod.... :slutboobs:

Now the real question is: did she blow up every time she got out of rehab? Because that would explain.. things.

If I was a celebrity I'd probably do coke all the time too...

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
If I was a celebrity I'd probably do coke all the time too...
Doing coke occasionally =/= going to rehab several times though. Our It Girl here also likes to mix and match her drugs. Nothing against drug use (other than the obvious.. also I've been privy to see some of the most ridiculous pathetic things that turned me off from drugs) but I'm just a little shocked she still has that wholesome image going when she is the COMPLETE opposite. :D

• Agree