Selena Gomez

I know she hasn’t been skinny since she was like 22, but is it even normal to fluctuate this way?

Not defending her or anything, but I do believe she fluctuates a lot due to lupus and possibly medications she has to take for her kidney transplant. I'm not gonna go into speculations about her possible addictions
Although I've read somewhere she has had problems with cocaine at a certain point in time which lead to her kidney problems.

I don't know if any of you watched her cooking show (on HBO Max) but the show aired less than a year ago (8 months ago) and she looks the closest to her lowest weights (minus the fake boobs):

Also when her makeup line came out, about 7-8 months ago, during promotions she looked the same - fresh faced, no bloat:

This is the most recent video, also the same format, that was published 1 week ago for promotion of her summer makeup collection:

As you can see, the weight gain is pretty obvious. It's not just 5-10lbs... It's at least 20lbs. And all that in such short period of time... It can't be healthy. I really hope it's just because of her medical condition and that she's taking care of herself because it seems to me that she's finally working on something she is proud of and living to the utmost potential.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I know she has a bunch of health issues but I can't stand her. She has a new bikini line and of course, she is the model. Everyone on Twitter is praising her for "not retouching" her body but she doesn't even have the same arm and gut size across all pics. Also those are the ugliest patterns I've seen in swimwear.

Attachments

• E5cy1wpXEAEyfjB.jpg
    E5cy1wpXEAEyfjB.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 346
I don’t even want to judge her because my mom has lupus and her medication has caused her to go from 95 pounds to 147 and she can’t control it. But it’s the only way she can stay alive.

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I know she has a bunch of health issues but I can't stand her. She has a new bikini line and of course, she is the model. Everyone on Twitter is praising her for "not retouching" her body but she doesn't even have the same arm and gut size across all pics. Also those are the ugliest patterns I've seen in swimwear.

Obviously the middle picture (or the bikini) is not flattering at all. Selena even only posted the photo of the one piece to her own IG.

A8FE0223-D8E2-4A9E-9DFE-F613E5C6DBA9.jpeg

If you zoom in closely in her bag, you may notice what caused her body to be so massive :wtf:

• Gross
  • Sad
People compare everything and everyone to models these days... yikes.

View attachment 134499

I thought this was kind of funny actually, poking fun at influencers/faux models that forgo higher education for their 15 seconds of fame. I don't think they're actually calling her a model or anything.

Has anyone seen her new documentary? I liked it but also couldn't help but think it just read as a brilliant branding exercise. The docu presented her in just the perfect amount of vulnerability to read as authentic but not showing enough of the (many) ugly parts that come with being bipolar for her to read as a monster. I'm bipolar myself, so while her body will never be up to my standards I do appreciate that she tries to raise awareness about mental health.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I adored Selena when I was a kid. In no way was she ever SG skinny, but it was nice to see a slimmer girl on TV (compared to some of the Disney girls at the time). Not to mention her talent and the messages she spread about self love. Some of her outfits were fugly but back then I loved them. I also loved her friendship with Demi (standing next to Demi made her look skinnier too :hahano:).

34148251ed297f0e424e45ac126567b3.jpeg

d9c013bd9270bddd2e1bb1b1fd596fe5.jpeg

8d1e3f8adc873f81360708ce4c9feb8a.jpeg

1e049bdaab34a60331cb2ba80a83514b.jpeg

e6461af83f7b003e594adf7bb9aa324e.jpeg

f6fb41ed387f1410d7169bd7840f7589.jpeg

8a09d02e0b4a1df0adf3688ca145cc6c.jpeg

0037155ab81983b7f675b831ccbc2559.jpeg

I generally think she was a good role model for kids back in the day. It’s sad how lupus/the treatments have affected her body and mental health, but I laud her for being vulnerable and sharing her story. I really do wish her well.

I also noticed her signature pose was the classic hand on the hip… oh well. I’ll always have a soft spot for her :)

Reactions: 1 users
I don't want to trash her for her weight because it's understandable with her health issues, but I saw this video the other day that was enough to make me dislike her as a person

Basically, a woman interviewing her ends by asking, "What else would you like to do besides act?" and Selena says philanthropy, after which the interview ends. Selena immediately starts acting bitchy and entitled and dumps this experience onto 10 people as if she were retraumatized after working at Disney. She says made her feel like a "product" which is arguably part of your role as a public figure, boohoo :nopity:

The interviewer clearly spoke English as a second language and might have had a time or question limit, yet Selena acts like the woman insulted her mother. Bet she couldn't tell you the interviewer's name. It rubbed me the wrong way -- after all the opportunity she was afforded in her life, she acts like this is a sob story?

Paris Hilton Yes GIF

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
To me she's never seemed like she wants to be famous. Even 10 years ago when she was more relevant and would have hit songs, she's seemed so passive and not fully committed to her work. Every recent interview or news about her has been some sob story about her mental health. It would be one thing if she hid away from the spotlight and stopped trying to be a public figure, focusing her life on something else, but it's like she was launched into fame as a child star 15 years ago and is now like "well I guess I have to keep being famous." When I hear her music, or listen to her speak, I get the same feeling as I do when I see a Kendall Jenner photoshoot. Zero passion or personality, unclear as to why they're doing this or what they are trying to achieve.

• Agree
Selena at the Emmy’s was the most horrendous thing I’ve seen in ages. Maybe even uglier than her Golden Globes dress. It’s not the dress’s fault.

Why are they dressing her as if she’s thin? I get she has health issues or whatever, but that styling is unforgivable.

She looks like a literal ogre next to her hideous boyfriend. Then again, I guess he suits her look. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She reminds me of one of those Spanish mums in Miami going to church on New Years (source: regrettably, my mum was one of those mums). What is this dreadful tan and makeup? She really doesn’t seem to take any pride in her look and it’s depressing.

I attached the dress as it’s intended to be worn. Another event of beautiful designs wasted on fat people….

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_0836.jpeg
    IMG_0836.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_0823.jpeg
    IMG_0823.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Gross
Reactions: 3 users
Maybe even uglier than her Golden Globes dress. It’s not the dress’s fault.

Why are they dressing her as if she’s thin? I get she has health issues or whatever, but that styling is unforgivable.

Selena at the 2024 Mr. Olympia contest Golden Globes:

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 1.18.54 PM.png
selena-gomez-windswept-tout-10824-76ee000bed5042d79c6e829491a4022e.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 1.24.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 1.20.55 PM.png

People are calling this a "Marilyn moment" which I guess is true in the sense that she looks like a bloated chipmunk on xanax

• Funny
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
I know the steroids used to treat lupus can cause tissue swelling but this has to be a lot more than just medication side-effects… and now that she is dating Benny Blanco, whose social media presence seems to revolve around eating fried crap, I foresee Selena ballooning even further :disgusted:

IMG_4208.jpeg

• Pig
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
She is so pathetic. Imagine ballooning at 30, giving up on yourself and wanting the internet to validate you.

I really think people my age and younger putting her on a pedestal has made her delusional. Health conditions or not, this isn’t normal. 🫢 I’m beginning to think it’s less lupus, and more of a compulsion to blame, her demeanour on social media is so unsettling and I imagine she mirrors it in every aspect of her life.

She’s like the irrelevant actress version of Bella Hadid.

Attachments

• IMG_1626.jpeg
    IMG_1626.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_1625.jpeg
    IMG_1625.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 647
  • Pig
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
wanting the internet to validate you.
She’s like the irrelevant actress version of Bella Hadid.

Yep...

I'm so sick of self-pitying attention seekers, especially when it comes to celebrities. Imagine having so much money and privileges that most ordinary people can't even imagine, let alone afford. And yet there you are, seeking validation and pity from them.

Dear god, if I were famous, I'd be ashamed to feed on garbage knowing that I could afford much, much better. With quality nutrition also comes better mental health, increased energy, motivation, etc. Don't talk to me about mental health and fake forced positivity if you don't practice it yourself, it's hypocritical. Whose advice am I listening to? From an insecure fattie who pretends to be comfortable in her own skin. No, thanks.

I used to have a soft spot for her, not anymore. She just annoys me now.

• Agree
  • Love
In case you wanted to gouge your eyes out AND missed the SAG awards:

IMG_3440.jpeg
IMG_3441.jpeg
IMG_3442.jpeg
IMG_3443.jpeg

The amount of Spanx and sucking in that must be going down to give her the illusion of a shape. Is it me or is she getting fatter by the month? Or is the white making it worse?

IMG_3444.jpeg
IMG_3445.jpeg

• Pig
  • Gross
Reactions: 6 users