Secret Eaters - aka "I don't know where the weight comes from"

I do think there are many factors to losing weight though :/
A slowdown in metabolism DOES happen and WILL cause you to gain weight.

When I was a kid I ate a LOT and I was still very thin and called anorexic, etc. But once I hit puberty around the age of 17 (late bloomer) I gained a LOT, and now I can't eat nearly as much as before...

My mom has been getting stricter and stricter with her diet, and she eats very little now, but since she's also hitting menopause she's been very bloated lately, and actually gaining weight S:

I just caught up on the second to last episode and there were a couple of points of interest. 40ish woman, bit of a yo-yo dieter. She said she barely ate during the week to make up for having sit down meals at the weekend. They obviously raised the old 'starvation mode' 'body holding onto calories' blah blah and I was a little worried when she really did starve in the week. But then, guess what, when they averaged out her calories it still came to 2300 cals a day.
But then I thought, that's not too much more than the recommended amount, how is a 200lb woman *still* gaining weight on this amount?! But according to online resources which may or may not be accurate her bmr would be 1700 a day. For a 200lb woman.
I can't believe just how much the general guidelines are out, it's ridiculous!!

I just caught up on the second to last episode and there were a couple of points of interest. 40ish woman, bit of a yo-yo dieter. She said she barely ate during the week to make up for having sit down meals at the weekend. They obviously raised the old 'starvation mode' 'body holding onto calories' blah blah and I was a little worried when she really did starve in the week. But then, guess what, when they averaged out her calories it still came to 2300 cals a day.
But then I thought, that's not too much more than the recommended amount, how is a 200lb woman *still* gaining weight on this amount?! But according to online resources which may or may not be accurate her bmr would be 1700 a day. For a 200lb woman.
I can't believe just how much the general guidelines are out, it's ridiculous!!

Omg i watched that just now and when she said that her overweight was beacause of starvation mode my eyes basically popped out of their sockets lol:wtf::nopity:

I really like this show and other similar British shows (like Supersize vs Superskinny) and I really like the little studies they do, such as what is the correct portion/you eat less of a blue plate/ all weird little things like that.

I saw one, I can't remember what show it was, I think it was the same host though, where she and lots of other women went into a grocery store where all the food was portioned out into 100 calories. So they showed a massive bag of spinach for 100 calories, versus 1/4 of a small pork pie for 100 calories, that was so interesting don't know if anyone happened to catch it and knows what its from?

I hate to look at their huge double chins while they say they are eating helathy and normal. :disgusted:

Good show! I have to show it my mum (of course I have to translate it to her).

I fucking love this show. I remember at my highest weight (still a 'average' bmi of 20.2) I would complain about how I ate 'so little' to be the size I was, when in reality I was eating around 2400 calories a day some days, with my lowest days around 1700 and highest around 3000....with NO exercise. I was lucky to be as small as I was. Point is, getting smaller is always possible.

I really like this show and other similar British shows (like Supersize vs Superskinny) and I really like the little studies they do, such as what is the correct portion/you eat less of a blue plate/ all weird little things like that.

I saw one, I can't remember what show it was, I think it was the same host though, where she and lots of other women went into a grocery store where all the food was portioned out into 100 calories. So they showed a massive bag of spinach for 100 calories, versus 1/4 of a small pork pie for 100 calories, that was so interesting don't know if anyone happened to catch it and knows what its from?

The show you are looking for is called "my big fat diet show", and has four episodes, all available on YouTube :)

This is so crazy! I never knew fat people ate so much... I take people at face value a lot, so I figured they just ate a bit more than me, but not by much. I thought they just had a slow metabolism, because that's what they always say. I started watching this last night and told my boyfriend of my new revelation, he said "I tell you this all the time..."

This is my boyfriend's sister down to a tee. She's morbidly obese and has lost maybe 15lbs in nearly 4 years. The other day she was taking the piss out of people in London and "frappuccinos" because she's from a small town. Anyway my boyfriend said "you drink them" to me, I corrected him and said actually I drink iced coffee. His sister said "isn't it the same thing, what's the difference?" I just thought about 300calories and this is why you are so fat.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I knew a girl like this... she was a total bitch though so I got a lot of joy out of watching her brag about her life and then complain about how fat she was :sneaky:

She was pretty big (still is) and claimed (on Facebook) that she always went to the gym and ate nothing but healthy food. I went to her house one night for dinner (against my own will) and she made pasta for us. I kid you not, there must have been a fucking kilogram of pasta in my bowl. I have never seen bowls that big, nor have seen anyone (fat or otherwise) eat so much goddamn food in one meal :superpuke:

I always kinda wondered what was going wrong in here diet if she was as healthy as it seemed, but having dinner with her put it all in perspective. Some people just refuse to acknowledge that they eat crap.

Most of these people Underestimate how much they're eating. One lady thought she was eating only 1400 calories but it turned out to be over 3000. She said she ate mostly salads but didn't include her constant snacking of crisps and chocolates and her mooching food off of other peoples plates and her weekends of pigging out on grassy pub food.

[emoji23] secret eaters cracks me up. I mean [emoji23] the disillusionment is almost tangible through the TV screen. You only eat fruit? And vegetables? Really? Pray tell me where on the table does kebab and dominos come under?

I hate fat people that lie about what their diet entails [emoji17] it makes my skin crawl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I met a girl that was almost my age, one year older, she was tall and very fat and she told me she "used to have an eating disorder" (I'm almost sure that it was that kind of eating disorder when you feel kinda fat and cry and try to diet and then don't.. ;) ) and that "now, look at me, I only eat salads and still gain weight instead of lose weight because of starvation mode"
I glanced at her salad.
But the huge piece of bread beside it and all the mayo made it hard for me to even understand the kind of salad it was :nopity:

Then a week after she shows up with croissants in a fat stained bag
eats them and tells me "I feel like I'm eating pure fat" oh really.. :hmm:
and then she comments on how I eat: :rolleyes:
"You know that's how people in Alaska, the ancient people in Alaska would survive?! don't you know that when you don't eat and then you eat you just get all the fat for not eating for so long? you will get fat because you don't eat!!"
I don't know where she got this from, really

Don't you know that when you don't eat and then you eat you just get all the fat for not eating for so long? you will get fat because you don't eat!!"
I don't know where she got this from, really

It's actually a common misconception! When you go really low cal you lose muscle, and when you start eating more you gain primarily fat, so even if you went from 120 lbs down to 90lbs then back to 120lbs, you'd look MUCH fatter at the second 120 because your body composition would be all wrong! (Unless of course you do a "bulk" cycle by increasing protein and lifting weights to try and gain mostly muscle)

But yeah, it's not like you eat a tiny amount of calories and it magically turns into hunks of fat! :wtf:

(I'm almost sure that it was that kind of eating disorder when you feel kinda fat and cry and try to diet and then don't.. ;) )

:lol::lol::lol:

I know so many girls like this - who think that claiming to have a problem makes them more interesting or use it as an excuse.

"I have depression" = I cried once when I watched Titanic
"I have insomnia" = I have coffee after 6 and then am surprised when I don't fall asleep before midnight
"I'm bipolar" = I have temper tantrums and blame anything other than my own repellant personality.

All it does is make it harder for people who DO suffer from these conditions.

Reactions: 1 user
:lol::lol::lol:

I know so many girls like this - who think that claiming to have a problem makes them more interesting or use it as an excuse.

"I have depression" = I cried once when I watched Titanic
"I have insomnia" = I have coffee after 6 and then am surprised when I don't fall asleep before midnight
"I'm bipolar" = I have temper tantrums and blame anything other than my own repellant personality.

All it does is make it harder for people who DO suffer from these conditions.
YES!!
"I have panic attacks and anxiety" = I get so scared sometimes :rolleyes:

Now that's what people think I have when I say I have panic attacks and anxiety, if they only knew about the breathing problems and not feeling some parts of your body due to too much adrenalin in your muscles and believing you're about to die because of the 'fight or flight' feeling that comes out of nowhere :facepalm:

And depression =/= sad, necessarily. My doctor told me I had a depression and I was like 'uhh nooo I'm happy, smiling, laughing...' 'do you miss people when they leave?' 'no not really' 'well there you go'.
My depression was a coping mechanism of telling myself "I don't care" and not feeling anything. I didn't even realise I did it until she pointed it out, because I told her if I fail a uni assignment I don't really care.

I love the show. I have watching spree today as I have a free day and I'm done with SSvsSS.

Fatties be like "I don't think I eat enough, why am I fat" lol. :lol:

Fatties are oblivious, really, however, I must admin I am guilty of underestimating the amounts of food I eat myself. :nopity:

I do like the research bits though - I find those really useful, like for example that the cravings go away after 20 minutes - I did not know that before.