Second-hand stores - yes or no?

Second hand stores are great for me, due to my shortness. For some reason, most retail stores don't understand that people under 5 ft 5 exist.

Totally YES, I love second hand stores. So far London was the best town for me when it comes to vintage clothes, but over here there are also some good ones already since this became a huge trend in the past years. I remember what they were like when I started buying second hand clothes...I had to search veeeery long, it was like a competition: Me against the moths. But it was cheap. These days the clothes are in better condition, but they are more expensive of course.

Yes!!! Love second hand store! You can find treasures if you are willing to look at everything:)

Abso-fucking-lutely.

You think I have enough money to buy brand names when they're new?

I love second-hands! I´ve been "hunting" over 4 years or more and I almost did´t go to normal shops anymore. Over half of my closet is from second-hand. I really like the feeling that I wear something with history. For example - I bought leather jacket made in Italy for $5 and the previous owner was some Italian boy named Ricardo (the jacket was in little boys section and was signed, so cute:luv:) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know how good Goodwill is? I won a $100 gift card there and I really don't know how to shop at a thrift store. Any advice on how to find deals.

I haven't ever been to a second hand store, but I would love to go to one. But I live in a really small city, so not sure if that's possible. :(

love them, but always find the sizes huge- usually end up sticking to the accessories :grin:

I haven't ever been to a second hand store, but I would love to go to one. But I live in a really small city, so not sure if that's possible. :(

Sure it is. I live in a city but I got some of the best clothes in my hometown.

love them, but always find the sizes huge- usually end up sticking to the accessories :grin:

Most of them are huge but for me it is way easier to find a fitting skirt there than in regular store. Maybe because I can't afford expensive brands and cheaper brands often have vanity sizing.