Sasha Luss

@FashionThin

Would they really drop someone as successful as Sasha though? I don't doubt that her agency was involved, but let's say it wasn't, I imagine Sasha is making a lot of money these days, wouldn't it be a dumb thing for the agency to drop her just for the sake of showing the model who is the more powerful part in their business relationship?
(Serious question out of curiosity.)
I would imagine there are hundreds of girls lined up who would kill for Sasha's position, who could easily make some good money given the right contacts/support. And I would imagine that being dropped for a stupid reason would definitely hurt a model's career, because let's face it - word travels FAST, and other agencies would be hesitant to pick a model up either due to past "poor" behavior or fear of "insulting" another agency... kind of like a respect thing. But I could be wrong.

Basically, a model needs her agency more than the agency needs the model.

She won't suffer a Marine though. As long as she maintains a skinny bitch, she will survive this awful hair and hair color.
First world problems. :nod:

9VPejne.jpg

:seeya:

Basically, a model needs her agency more than the agency needs the model.

Interestingly, this was discussed on Frockwriter as to whether Abbey Lee "ditching" her mother agency in Australia would affect her career. She continues to be with NEXT though.
Unfortunately, the original article is now for subscribers only (it used to be free).

"Abbey Lee Kershaw has been taking a year-long sabbatical from the modelling world, but is about to re-emerge on the fashion stage according to her finance broker father Kim Kershaw - who is now, amusingly, also acting as her 'mother' agent in Australia. Earlier this year, Abbey Lee ditched Chic Management due to what we have on good authority was a dispute over Chic's 'mother agency' fee."

http://frockwriter.com/2013/04/abbey-lee-kershaw-shoe-drama-queen

Interestingly, this was discussed on Frockwriter as to whether Abbey Lee "ditching" her mother agency in Australia would affect her career. She continues to be with NEXT though.
Unfortunately, the original article is now for subscribers only (it used to be free).

"Abbey Lee Kershaw has been taking a year-long sabbatical from the modelling world, but is about to re-emerge on the fashion stage according to her finance broker father Kim Kershaw - who is now, amusingly, also acting as her 'mother' agent in Australia. Earlier this year, Abbey Lee ditched Chic Management due to what we have on good authority was a dispute over Chic's 'mother agency' fee."

http://frockwriter.com/2013/04/abbey-lee-kershaw-shoe-drama-queen
I'm interested to see how Abbey's career pans out, but judging by her body, I'm not sure why any designer would still hire her. Maybe if she has maintained good connections, but otherwise, there are better girls out there.

So this is going to sound stupid but I totally assumed this girl was american until I saw an interview in which she speaks russian and it totally shocked me.. Did she change her last name? Luss doesn't sound russian much. I just assumed she used 'sasha' to sound more special or something. In the interview she was asked what she would do if she wasn't a model and she still answers model because she worked very very hard and did not stop until she got what she wanted. I feel a little bad for her now if it all crumbles down because of a botched haircut.

What happened to her? She just posted on instagram that she had to finish PFW early because of her health. I hope she's ok.

Oh no, I was wondering if she didn't book anything. Hope she's fine.

@Ally
I don't know what her real name is, but a lot of agencies do this with eastern european models. Kasia Struss is Katarzyna Strusińska in real life, Natasha Poly's real name is Natalya Polevshchikova and so on. It's just not memorable enough for anybody outside of Poland or Russia, so they change the girls' names.

Oh no, I was wondering if she didn't book anything. Hope she's fine.

@Ally
I don't know what her real name is, but a lot of agencies do this with eastern european models. Kasia Struss is Katarzyna Strusińska in real life, Natasha Poly's real name is Natalya Polevshchikova and so on. It's just not memorable enough for anybody outside of Poland or Russia, so they change the girls' names.

The first names are just nicknames (In Russia you use the nickname equivalent for each name unless in a formal/business/new acquaintance scenario) I use Sasha for a few things because Alexandra is a very common name in Canada and it gets confusing. I didn't know they changed the last names though!

The first names are just nicknames (In Russia you use the nickname equivalent for each name unless in a formal/business/new acquaintance scenario) I use Sasha for a few things because Alexandra is a very common name in Canada and it gets confusing. I didn't know they changed the last names though!
Not just common to Russia. But quite common to a few European countries as well that you're known by your nickname. Or you're known as your middle name so for example if someone is called Alexandra Sara Roslyakova. You might be called Sara by everyone even in a formal setting and never actually be called Alexandra, depending. As for the last name I just assumed they changed it because of the pronunciation/easier to shorten it. But, a lot of families do change or shorten their last name too. Some of them do have political reasons behind it though. Some I don't know why.

"I think the most important thing for staying healthy is to have a good breakfast. I like cereal, oatmeal, and fresh juices, and I snack on real energetic foods backstage: nuts, bananas, apples. I also take Berocca with vitamin C, which keeps you healthy when you're rushing around to fittings and staying out late.

"My mom says that when you get sick, you need to smell garlic. I put it in a bag and rub it on my chest if I have a cough. I also drink hot ginger tea with lemon, honey, and a bit of rum, so it soothes and numbs my throat."

http://www.style.com/slideshows/sli...stay-healthy-immunity-boosting-tips/slides/10