Sasha Luss

Oh my! :eek: Whyyyyyy? She looked so ethereal and magical with the super-blonde hair. Also, she seems to be the only model I've seen that actually looks older with shorter hair...

that hair cut is SO unflattering, come on...they could have done better than that!!! Kasia never cut here hair so short after bleaching it, she should have just cut it little by little because this is not working on her (which is odd since she has that amazing bone structure)

Here's a recent with her new cut/color
X1UVtu8.jpg

This pic reminds me of Karlie Kloss :spaz:

But to be honest, I didn't really find her THAT amazing back when she was a brunette. I remember reading the thread before she went platinum and thinking MEH. Then she made the change and it was like:luvluv:
But at some point I guess your hair can't take it any more and I think that was the issue here, otherwise she would have just gone back to her old color without cutting it!!!:cry:

jason_wu_bsb05.jpg

url_http_www_vogue_com_wp_content_uploads_201.jpg

Sabotage?

Maybe her booker did see her eating after all. jk.

:lol: that's literally the first thing I thought of when I saw her @ Wu. I was like, ouch, this has got to be some kind of punishment. But more likely it was bc of the damage.

She doesn't seem to like it either, but I haven't had a chance to ask.

I hate it :cry:
I think half the problem is also that in most photos I've seen with the short hair it looks damp or greasy or something. The colour might be ok (not my favourite, but ok) but that cut :wtf: there's just random chunks shorter than the rest and it is not flattering at all. After seeing that she was given extensions today, I agree with AB, I doubt anybody is happy about the change

Attachments

• tumblr_nbk2dq91Lg1qg3ttqo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nbk2dq91Lg1qg3ttqo1_500.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 208
Don't think the severe side part helps with the weird short layer look either. It's all a bit wrong. Makes her forehead look flat wide and short all at the same time.

That being said she def had the one of the best bods on the catwalk at Versus I thought

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect she gets much of a say in it
Oh yes I forgot about that. Im still confused as to who thought it would be a good idea to change her hair. Do you know if the change was made by her agency/ booker ? Or was encouraged by a particular client?

Oh yes I forgot about that. Im still confused as to who thought it would be a good idea to change her hair. Do you know if the change was made by her agency/ booker ? Or was encouraged by a particular client?
It doesn't appear as though her career is lagging enough to warrant an image change for a work boost, so in this instance I would say it was damage related and yes, most likely decided by her agency. That's just me speculating though, it could be to do with a job - although for a drastic change like that it would have to be a bloody magnificent job - and it's more likely they would have just used a wig had that been the reason.

A good friend of mine was on the mainboard at a certain top tier agency and they decided to chop and dye her long hair at the height of her career without consulting any other international branches of the agency or any of her other bookers, it pretty much killed her career, I can't imagine Sasha will have the same outcome though, she's still a strong favourite it seems.

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect she gets any say in it

FTFY ;)

It's her agency. Usually her mother agency, but they will consult with her other agencies too before they do anything. In this case especially since it was right before NYFW, her US agency (Women) would have been very involved too. It seems like they just didn't have much choice, her hair was so fried. I heard her talking yesterday like it was some spontaneous thing she did on her own, but sorry there is just no way. Maybe they decided she needed to cut it and they gave her a couple color choices, but that's as much choice as I could her having. All modeling contracts say agency approves all look changes, and most of them say you will do/change whatever your agency tells you or you will be dropped. Models can't just go cut and style their hair on a whim. Or at least not if they want to keep working.

@FashionThin

Would they really drop someone as successful as Sasha though? I don't doubt that her agency was involved, but let's say it wasn't, I imagine Sasha is making a lot of money these days, wouldn't it be a dumb thing for the agency to drop her just for the sake of showing the model who is the more powerful part in their business relationship?
(Serious question out of curiosity.)