Sarah Hyland (from Modern Family)

Apparently her weight loss is due to some health problems and she's not happy with how she looks. And she's responded to the ED accusations this picture has sparked. While I agree I do like how she looks, I feel kinda bad finding thinspo from a sick girl.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/entertainment/sarah-hyland-thin/index.html
"Maybe one day I'll talk about it but for now, I'd like my privacy," she said. "I've basically been on bed rest for the past few months, I've lost a lot of muscle mass I know that my face is swollen from medication that is saving my life."

I don't think it's 'finding thinspo from a sick girl' to compliment her on how good she looks right now--especially given that she is battling health issues, which would usually deter someone from putting effort into their appearance. What I do find sad is the sudden horde of people accusing her of being anorexic, saying she only looks this thin because she must be suffering a disorder. It's horrible to shame someone for weight loss, whether it's intentional or not, and the fact that she had to reveal her physical health issues to combat those ED rumors is also really depressing. As if a physical illness is somehow more "acceptable" or "valid" to people than a mental one?

Her response on Twitter to the rumors was really classy and dignified, though she shouldn't have had to defend her appearance at all.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Looks like she's getting better, I'm happy for her
IMG_2480.JPG

• Agree
Hate that I love how her legs look here considering she probably was dealing with those health issues she addressed while filming this episode...

Attachments

• IMG_7917.jpg
    IMG_7917.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 328
Wtf is that even possible? I really hope the scale is broken.

Attachments

• 3A152D6B-8204-4D05-B0B2-025E707B9849.png
    3A152D6B-8204-4D05-B0B2-025E707B9849.png
    269.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 032B6F12-5E94-4190-862C-05F675C0F217.png
    032B6F12-5E94-4190-862C-05F675C0F217.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 358
  • WTF
  • Sad
She looks fairly "normal Hollywood" to me... puffy face and all - I don't follow her so not sure if puffyface is her norm - regardless I'm glad that she seems to be regaining some health since that appears to have been a past issue...
Agreed. Er...

sarah-hyland-reveals-87-pounds-rex-embed.jpg

'Skeletor' ..really? Did she forget she's 157cm? :facepalm:

Also.. why is she on some random weight tirade? I get that she was gravely ill (and I do wish her the best recovery), but this is ridiculous. She's literally posing in a typical pro-ana way.

• WTF
Reactions: 1 user
Agreed. Er...

sarah-hyland-reveals-87-pounds-rex-embed.jpg

'Skeletor' ..really? Did she forget she's 157cm? :facepalm:

Also.. why is she on some random weight tirade? I get that she was gravely ill (and I do wish her the best recovery), but this is ridiculous. She's literally posing in a typical pro-ana way.
Even though she’s sick she’s been getting crap from people for being ‘too thin’ so maybe she’s trying to look like she’s wanting to gain? That’s all I can think of honestly.

Saw a magazine cover while at the grocery checkout. Something about her saying she was 75lbs at her lowest. Didn’t care enough to look. Also if it’s true, wtf is she broadcasting her weight.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Saw a magazine cover while at the grocery checkout. Something about her saying she was 75lbs at her lowest. Didn’t care enough to look. Also if it’s true, wtf is she broadcasting her weight.
Weight's a hot-button issue that sells trashy magazines like no other. I mean every other year People puts out some lowbrow "Angelina Jolie is anorexic!" article. It's cyclical bullshit.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
“Sarah Hyland Likes Working Out in the Mirror Naked so ‘You Hate Yourself and Work Harder.’”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/health/sarah-hyland-likes-working-out-naked-in-mirror/amp/

So offputting. Even if she feels this way and does do this it’s not something to broadcast :superpuke:
I mean honestly, whatever works for her. Maybe some people wouldn't share that but I personally really like how open she is about everything.
I grew up doing ballet and my teacher always told us her trick to staying tiny was to do her morning work out naked and eat naked in front of the mirror (the month I tried this I hated myself, but also dropped weight like crazy).

I mean honestly, whatever works for her. Maybe some people wouldn't share that but I personally really like how open she is about everything.
I grew up doing ballet and my teacher always told us her trick to staying tiny was to do her morning work out naked and eat naked in front of the mirror (the month I tried this I hated myself, but also dropped weight like crazy).

Personally I take care of myself out of love for myself not hate so it’s not my style. Yes everyone has insecurities and you’re not going to love every part of yourself, but making the connection between hating yourself and therefore engaging in exercise (which obviously is one of the most important parts of self-care) rubs me the wrong way.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
Personally I take care of myself out of love for myself not hate so it’s not my style. Yes everyone has insecurities and you’re not going to love every part of yourself, but making the connection between hating yourself and therefore engaging in exercise (which obviously is one of the most important parts of self-care) rubs me the wrong way.
Agreed. It sounds like something an early 2000's pro-ana tumblr blogger would suggest.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users