Samantha Barks

X

xandraworld

So, not a thinspo per se, but I thought she deserves a thread.
Barks-300x287.jpg

Her waist looks tiny here, but her arms...don't.

I saw the movie and when I first saw her tiny waist my reaction was "woahhh, wow", but then I saw her arms and puffy face which completely killed my previous regard. I mean, it's really weird, her different body parts don't even match together. Maybe she wore some kind of corset.... i wonder how she can breathe in it.

I saw the movie and when I first saw her tiny waist my reaction was "woahhh, wow", but then I saw her arms and puffy face which completely killed my previous regard. I mean, it's really weird, her different body parts don't even match together. Maybe she wore some kind of corset.... i wonder how she can breathe in it.

I worked tech on a production of Les Mis. None of the main girls, Eponine, Cossette, Fantine etc wore corsets because it is constrictive to singing apparently (no clue myself, couldn't carry a not if I tried). Obviously, since this a film though, that rule is not applicable.

She is for sure wearing a corset, just judging from the way her chest looks. Her waist does look nice, which is the reason why corsets rock, but honestly, they kind of puff a lot of other things out, i.e. arms, hips, boobs, in a way that isn't so attractive. To rock a corset, you have to be seriously seriously tight or skinny.

What is the point of wearing a corset if you're a street urchin, Eponine??? Did you steal it from Cosette or one of the rich ladies? Who helped you to lace it up every morning? Gavroche?? I certainly don't see Mme Thenardier doing it.

When you were taking that shot for Marius, did you think, "Damn, should've worn that corset today, I bet the whalebone would've repelled the bullet"?

barksss.jpg

barkksss.jpg

She looked really pretty at the oscars! Perhaps she was told to keep her arms out of the way though....

Am I the only one who finds this kind of hot?

I admit, I DO have a thing for much older men.

I have a theory that they gave her that tight corset just so she won't outsing Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried and all the Hollywood cast members.

She sounded breathtaking in the 25th anniversary concert, with more emotion and her voice was much more powerful than in the movie.

On My Own:

In my Life/A Heart Full of Love:

And in the movie it sounds as if she's trying not to belt out in purpose.

On My Own:

Reactions: 1 user
I have a theory that they gave her that tight corset just so she won't outsing Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried and all the Hollywood cast members.

She sounded breathtaking in the 25th anniversary concert, with more emotion and her voice was much more powerful than in the movie.

On My Own:

And in the movie it sounds as if she's trying not to belt out in purpose.

On My Own:

She was by far the best singer (IMO) and best looking in this movie (Although I do have a soft spot for Eddie :luv: He's just got the cutest freckles *sigh*). And I HATE Amanda's voice!

She was by far the best singer (IMO) and best looking in this movie (Although I do have a soft spot for Eddie :luv: He's just got the cutest freckles *sigh*). And I HATE Amanda's voice!

Me too! I love Amanda but seriously her vibrato sounded more like a goat bleating and she couldn't even hold the high notes. :facepalm:

She's dating David Gandy (yes, the Dolce-&-Gabbana-fragrance-contract-bearing-blue-chip-campaign-slaying-Vogue-Hommes-icon-David Gandy) :wtf:

article-2336115-1A269E2E000005DC-175_634x945.jpg

(arms...) :surprised:

David+Gandy+Samantha+Barks+TAG+Heuer+Monaco+2013+%283%29.jpg

David-Gandy-Samantha-Barks-Jourdan-Dunn-Glamour-4jun13-PA_b_592x888.jpg

She's dating David Gandy (yes, the Dolce-&-Gabbana-fragrance-contract-bearing-blue-chip-campaign-slaying-Vogue-Hommes-icon-David Gandy) :wtf:

article-2336115-1A269E2E000005DC-175_634x945.jpg

(arms...) :surprised:

David+Gandy+Samantha+Barks+TAG+Heuer+Monaco+2013+%283%29.jpg

David-Gandy-Samantha-Barks-Jourdan-Dunn-Glamour-4jun13-PA_b_592x888.jpg

Yeah, her arms are still a bit thick, but she's looking much skinnier all over. I just think she's beautiful!