sailor brinkley cook

I'm flogging a dead horse here but in case anyone wants any more evidence why she will never be up to our standards (from an article in teen vogue from 2013 which I am embarrassed to admit that I own):
"I said, 'Mom, should I diet?' and she was like, 'No! You don't need to be skinny, you just need to be happy with yourself and confident and fit.'"
"I feel like models today have turned into sticks, and it's so unwomanly. I am for models who are healthy and have a personality. You shouldn't just be a piece of cardboard." (You shouldn't be a model Sailor, but that's not stopping you)

Omg that quote is just awful. It just reads like the most self-important shit ever, like a lot of the shit that these nepotist models say does. ''I don't understand or have any experience in fashion, but let me give you MY important opinion, because I am a rich girl that matters, on something I barely understand. Obviously my half-assed opinion stands above all that was established in the industry before. And mummy agrees with me, so there.''

Reactions: 5 users
I've seen her in person a few times, first a few years ago around 2012 before she started "modeling." Cute girl in your painfully average, suburban way --- but the most boring and unremarkable face ever even for commercial modeling. Alexa Ray Joel (her half sister) is more striking facially. This girl needs to give it up and go home.

Definitely agree. She doesn't strike me as a high-fashion model at all. She's not bad-looking . . . just not anything phenomenal. At best, she's more catalogue than couture . . .
173120-original.jpg

back-to-school-2014-07-sailor-cook-07.jpg

map-37076-w388.jpg
fashion-2014-12-sailor-cook-02.jpg
I don't know if anyone's going to understand what I mean, but she looks like the kind of girl I would sit next to in biology in high school, who had three color coded binders and always asked what the homework was, and maybe was on the tennis team.

Next.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 10 users
I don't know if anyone's going to understand what I mean, but she looks like the kind of girl I would sit next to in biology in high school, who had three color coded binders and always asked what the homework was, and maybe was on the tennis team.

Shit. Pretty sure you just described me. :supershame: :p

I also find her particularly uninspiring, but I was never a huge fan of her mom either, so I figured it was just my personal aesthetic. But then I actually took a good look at hear and realized that the thing that bothers me most is her upper lip...

Now, some "odd" lip shapes do wonders for making girls stand out, but hers..reminds me of a beak. In a bad way. Even in the shots that aren't bad to begin with, my eyes are just drawn to her mouth and it's a big, "Nope."

I acknowledge nepotism will never completely disappear, but I'm ready for this particularly rash of celeb-kids' fifteen minutes of fame to be over. Bleh.

Random: I don't know why, but seeing her side-by-side "Before and After" where she's a little kid in the "Before" made me feel sad. Weird.

• Jizztastic
Reactions: 1 user