Saddest movie ever?

Sophies choice, changeling, painted veil, once were warriors, atonement for me also....thinking of the plots in these movies make me want to cry all over again!

Never Let Me Go - love Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield. His heartbreaking scream near the end really tore me to pieces. The whole premise of the film was depressing.

I know a couple of you have said it but The Notebook has to be the all time saddest movie. The first time I watched it I had a full on mental breakdown and sobbed for an hour afterwards :oops: :run:

Oh and The Lion King! I still haven't gotten over Mufasas death

I wouldn't say it's the saddest ever, but I cry every time I watch "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." Joel's character reminds me of an ex bf. It is in my top 10 movies though, I just LOVE it.

I also cried when I watched "The Wrestler."

Not the whole movie, but parts:

1) "Love Actually", when Emma Thompson finds out her hubby is/wants to cheat on her

2) Ellen Burstyn's monologue in "Requiem for a Dream." Somehow, she didn't win the oscar that year.

My Sister's Keeper (although i liked the book by Jodi Piccoult better)
Same here. Cried when I read the book.

A movie I found sad was Wicker Park :cry:
Love that movie. It's so sad but at the same time so exciting.

Schindler's List
Saw it the first time in school. I cried so much. I think it's on TV every year around christmas in germany. Erverytime I watch it I cry like a baby.

I cry over movies very rarely. One that made me really cry when I was like 8 was Two Brothers. Then more recently it was Hachi: A Dog's Tale.. both are about animals. hmm..

i cry over movies ALL the time , im a very empathetic person but recently i watched Boys Don't Cry starring Hillary Swank and Chloe Sevigny (freakin love her style aswell so v grungy) , and i balled my eyes out at the last 15-20 mins.

So sad :cry:

Reactions: 1 user
A Walk to Remember
Such a sweet movie, but terribly sad ending :/

Apocalypse Now - I couldn´t even cry, I was just totally disturbed. Its not only sad, its totally depressing. Nevertheless a masterpiece, Coppola is a genius.

I love La Vie En Rose but I lovelove Marion Cotillard. I met her in real life, and she is so much more striking and gorgeous in person than she comes off in film.

You met Marion? I loooove her, huge girl crush on her!!! Was she skinny??

Im sorry I just worship marion's every performance... she's so perfect and lovely and beautiful and talented and etc etc I could talk about her forever... lol :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Precious
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
(made the mistake of watching them both on the same day...!)
Up (reminds me of my pop :( even looks like him! Same situation and relationship and oh my heart!)
La Vie en Rose

There have been a few other ones but I can't think off the too of my head.
Books sometimes make me cry too (the end of "Of Mice and Men"...! But admittedly I was 13 :p ).

I work with sick and dying people - I either like sad movies as an outlet or I avoid them like the plague; depends on my mood!

Apocalypse Now - I couldn´t even cry, I was just totally disturbed. Its not only sad, its totally depressing. Nevertheless a masterpiece, Coppola is a genius.

I agree, I can't think of a saddest film i've seen, because a lot of films meant to be sad don't get to me much. I can only think of depressing/disturbing films. Like Antichrist

The Barber of Siberia, best love movie, not cheesy at all. Awarded at Cannes festival.

The Champ was really really sad. I was bawling the whole time. Oh, and the ending of Toy Story 3 always gets me too. :cry:

Reactions: 1 user