Saddest movie ever?

An American Crime

It's based on a true story. I cringed on certain scenes and the sad thing is the girl that was stuck down in the basement was treated much much worse than the movie portrayed. It saddens me to think of how sick some people are in this world.:cry:

This is one of the most disturbing movies I couldn't stop watching.
Ellen Page was amazing in it. So was Catherine Keener...

If I remember correctly the saddest movie for me was ''If only'' ohh and also ''Green mile'' :p no others come to my mind right now.. :hmm:

No movie has made me weep like The Hours. I just watched it fourth time couple of weeks ago, and the first scene already made me cry. :D Usually I just cry through at least half of that movie. It's striking, do watch it!

American Beauty is the other one to make me cry.

The Fox & the Hound. I remember watching it when I was little and going into full-blown kiddie depression. Saddest Disney movie ever :cry:

God, me too!
Everytime the fox was left at the forest, I'd burst into tears :cry::cry::cry:

There are a few movies that I just can't hold myself together for.

1. Life As A House
2. Philadelphia (which is one of my all time favourites)
3. Castaway
4. Forest Gump

I like Tom Hanks... hah.

A very sad one as well is "Anne Frank: The whole story". I just couldn't stop crying after that one.

The Fox & the Hound. I remember watching it when I was little and going into full-blown kiddie depression. Saddest Disney movie ever :cry:

There are a few movies that I just can't hold myself together for.

1. Life As A House

WHY DID YOU GUYS MAKE ME REMEMBER THESE THINGS????? :(

oh Hayden, you were such a great actor, then you RUINED Darth Vader /nerd

Oh another one just popped into my head: the adaptation of Doctor Zhivago! When the mom at the end tells her son to go run and hide :cry:

When I was young, I watched Castaway and cried hysterically when Wilson the volleyball drifted off to sea. :run:

I honestly can't think of a movie that made me cry since I was small... The Notebook, but I think they actually directed that with the intention of boosting Kleenex sales!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP I didn't go through the other posts before I wrote that. Hahahahaha I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!!!

"Dancer in the Dark" with Björk.
I went to see it with my friends and we were kept crying even after we left the cinema...

For me it's 'the Lion King" (yeah, that's soooo original..) and hand's down Requiem for a Dream , mostly because I can relate". Some episodes of "Breaking Bad" are really heartbreaking too, but I guess that again would depend on your personal experiences.

I thought "Atonement" was really sad as in there was no truly happy moment in that movie and the thought of James McAvoy dying breaks my heart

Reactions: 1 user
Hotel Rawanda got to me and also i had tears running down my face for The Cove. Will never ever watch the The Cove again but omg you need to watch it.

The Cove, I couldn't stop crying!!!! Everyone needs to watch this documentary, but just make sure u have like 5 boxes of tissues with you!

Any movie about World War II makes me cry like a baby. Poetry, Norwegian Wood, A Single Man, The Man That Came From Nowhere.. all of them made me cry, and I don't consider myself to cry that fast with movies!

OMG The movies based on Nicholas Sparks books make me cry!!!

(The Notebook / A Walk to Remember)