Saddest movie ever?

S

Skinny2012

Yesterday i watched "La vie en rose" for the first time - beautiful movie (about Edith Piaf) but so sad, i think i only stopped crying when there was music.

What's the saddest movie you have ever seen? What kind of movies make you cry?

Reactions: 1 user
La vita e bella

Omg, that one made me cry too. Though I listened it in french "La vie est belle". They made us watch it at school in fifth grade. That was the first time I saw that movie and I was seriously disturbed for a while after.

Most love stories, if I'm really into it and if they end badly, make me cry :oops:. Like Tristan and Isolde and Jane Eyre. I know I know... cheesy I am. :lol:

My Sister's Keeper (although i liked the book by Jodi Piccoult better)

My Sister's Keeper (although i liked the book by Jodi Piccoult better)

Haven't seen that movie but the book made me cry.

Walt Disney's Lilo and Stitch made me cry. It's so sad yet one of my all time favourite movie :)

I can't think of others that have made me cry.

Yesterday i watched "La vie en rose" for the first time - beautiful movie (about Edith Piaf) but so sad, i think i only stopped crying when there was music.

I love La Vie En Rose but I lovelove Marion Cotillard. I met her in real life, and she is so much more striking and gorgeous in person than she comes off in film.

Movies/scenes with "partings" and good times remaining only a nostalgic memory and people growing old are the saddest ones for me.

The Hound and the Fox, the beginngin of UP etc...

Can't believe no-one has said Bambi yet... :cry:

Honestly, I think perhaps Farewell My Concubine by Chen Kaige, or Kandahar by Mohsen Makhmalbaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

I love that movie :luv:
I cried like a baby when she sang "Non, je ne regrette rien" in the end.

La vita e bella

Thought of that one, too. :cry:
A very sad one as well is "Anne Frank: The whole story". I just couldn't stop crying after that one.

The Green Mile - hands down for me, i can't watch that movie anymore

Haven't seen that movie but the book made me cry.

Walt Disney's Lilo and Stitch made me cry. It's so sad yet one of my all time favourite movie :)

I can't think of others that have made me cry.

Disney movies get me, too. The beginning of Up is so sad!

Hachi: A Dog's Tale
The title seems cheesy but I swear I cried the three times I watched it! :cry:
Also, Bambi. Oh my Gosh when Bambi's mom dies!!! Also, Million Dollar Baby and the super cliche: Titanic. Oh! And West Side Story!

Hotel Rawanda got to me and also i had tears running down my face for The Cove. Will never ever watch the The Cove again but omg you need to watch it.

Million Dollar Baby, Schindler's List, Babmi, Dumbo. I've never cried in a movie before, but it doesn't mean I can't find them sad.

The Fox & the Hound. I remember watching it when I was little and going into full-blown kiddie depression. Saddest Disney movie ever :cry:

Hachiko made me cry, too.
I cried during My Sister's Keeper, as well.
And my addition is 'The Pianist' - I was 14-15 when I first watched it the first time and cried at least 5 times.
Wow, I'm such a cry baby.