Saddest movie ever?

S

skinnyhawaiiangirl

Sophies choice, changeling, painted veil, once were warriors, atonement for me also....thinking of the plots in these movies make me want to cry all over again!

L

lechevrefeuille

Never Let Me Go - love Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield. His heartbreaking scream near the end really tore me to pieces. The whole premise of the film was depressing.

E

ElleBelle

I know a couple of you have said it but The Notebook has to be the all time saddest movie. The first time I watched it I had a full on mental breakdown and sobbed for an hour afterwards :oops: :run:

Oh and The Lion King! I still haven't gotten over Mufasas death

Noodle12

Rookie
I wouldn't say it's the saddest ever, but I cry every time I watch "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." Joel's character reminds me of an ex bf. It is in my top 10 movies though, I just LOVE it.

I also cried when I watched "The Wrestler."

Not the whole movie, but parts:

1) "Love Actually", when Emma Thompson finds out her hubby is/wants to cheat on her

2) Ellen Burstyn's monologue in "Requiem for a Dream." Somehow, she didn't win the oscar that year.

N

Nala

My Sister's Keeper (although i liked the book by Jodi Piccoult better)
Same here. Cried when I read the book.

A movie I found sad was Wicker Park :cry:
Love that movie. It's so sad but at the same time so exciting.

Schindler's List
Saw it the first time in school. I cried so much. I think it's on TV every year around christmas in germany. Erverytime I watch it I cry like a baby.

J

Jackie

I cry over movies very rarely. One that made me really cry when I was like 8 was Two Brothers. Then more recently it was Hachi: A Dog's Tale.. both are about animals. hmm..

S

SkinnyMeansPretty

i cry over movies ALL the time , im a very empathetic person but recently i watched Boys Don't Cry starring Hillary Swank and Chloe Sevigny (freakin love her style aswell so v grungy) , and i balled my eyes out at the last 15-20 mins.

So sad :cry:

Reactions: 1 user
E

Esurient

A Walk to Remember
Such a sweet movie, but terribly sad ending :/

R

RedGlitter

Apocalypse Now - I couldn´t even cry, I was just totally disturbed. Its not only sad, its totally depressing. Nevertheless a masterpiece, Coppola is a genius.

F

funnyvalentine

I love La Vie En Rose but I lovelove Marion Cotillard. I met her in real life, and she is so much more striking and gorgeous in person than she comes off in film.
You met Marion? I loooove her, huge girl crush on her!!! Was she skinny??

Im sorry I just worship marion's every performance... she's so perfect and lovely and beautiful and talented and etc etc I could talk about her forever... lol :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Agytha

Rising Star
Precious
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
(made the mistake of watching them both on the same day...!)
Up (reminds me of my pop :( even looks like him! Same situation and relationship and oh my heart!)
La Vie en Rose

There have been a few other ones but I can't think off the too of my head.
Books sometimes make me cry too (the end of "Of Mice and Men"...! But admittedly I was 13 :p ).

I work with sick and dying people - I either like sad movies as an outlet or I avoid them like the plague; depends on my mood!

SugarKane

Rookie
Apocalypse Now - I couldn´t even cry, I was just totally disturbed. Its not only sad, its totally depressing. Nevertheless a masterpiece, Coppola is a genius.
I agree, I can't think of a saddest film i've seen, because a lot of films meant to be sad don't get to me much. I can only think of depressing/disturbing films. Like Antichrist

L

Lola

The Barber of Siberia, best love movie, not cheesy at all. Awarded at Cannes festival.

O

onedayx93

The Champ was really really sad. I was bawling the whole time. Oh, and the ending of Toy Story 3 always gets me too. :cry:

Reactions: 1 user