S/s 2013

I also agree on you with the whole McQueen/Burton Gaytten/Galliano thing. They take everything they built up, their whole empire, and change it. So much for honoring the designer.
They're just using the brands names to keep up their sales. People will buy it anyway, because hell, it's McQueen.
Every girl should know John Galliano, but they'll think Bill Gaytten is some ranchy country singer. It's just wouldn't be the same - their collections would doubtfully be as well received under another house.

Do I make sense? :p

Yeah totally! And it wouldn't be as big of a problem if their collections were actually good or if they had some sort of semblance towards the original designer's vision, but Burton and Gaytten just completely ignored it and did their own thing. Gaytten I'm not really as mad about since his collection would've been nice had it been for another designer like Yohji Yanamoto, but that travesty of a collection Sarah Burton designed for F/W 12 was ridiculous. It was neither a good collection or a McQueen collection. I'm kind of scared to see what she came up with for this season :nervous:

did anyone else think ann demeulemeester was absolutely incredible? the things I would do to own any of those pieces...

my favourite by far.

Reactions: 1 user
Givenchy is so... Yaaawn.
I mean, there's nothing WRONG with it, but I don't find it beautiful or exciting or anything. I guess I like the silhouettes though.

_ON_0484.450x675.JPG
_ON_0294.450x675.JPG

I'm falling asleep right now as I look at it.

I didn't feel Kenzo at all. Some looks were kind of good, but most looks... why? Lol.

THIS.
Gosh they just looked like random blobs of fabric! I like Kenzo but this season was a bit of an eyesore:
KEN_0461.450x675.JPG

Some stuff was good though:
KEN_0443.450x675.JPG

I think that what I loved the best avout the show was that Fei Fei opened. That's all. :lol:

Wow, I just realized at Dior they had no ethnic models :( Such a step back from Galliano's diverse casts.

Such ugly shoes at Stella McCartney :superpuke: Definitely not as bad as Prada, but it's up there...

OSzxz.jpg

LXqyV.jpg

3Zrop.jpg

c6vV0.jpg

Wow, I just realized at Dior they had no ethnic models :( Such a step back from Galliano's diverse casts.

Such ugly shoes at Stella McCartney :superpuke: Definitely not as bad as Prada, but it's up there...

OSzxz.jpg

LXqyV.jpg

3Zrop.jpg

c6vV0.jpg

Didn't Dior have Fei Fei Sun, Sui He, Tian Yi and Ming Xi? :confused: Or do you mean ethnic as in black/hispanic models?

They look like grandma shoes.

Yeah that's what I meant lol.

Then in that case I totally agree with you.
It would have been fun and more interesting to see dark-skinned models. Especially for looks like:
DIO_0526.450x675.JPG
DIO_0563.450x675.JPG

Loving the hats and the effortlessly cool looks in Yves S- oh sorry- Saint Laurent. Uh, the new name is so annoying. :rolleyes:
Still love the hats though (and the blazers at the beginning and the dresses at the end were gorgeous)!

L'Wren Scott was amazing! It was very Old Hollywood glamour (which is kind of cliché nowadays but whatever, still loved it). And the berets my gosh, so sexy/cute! And the black and white of the beginning and the pops of color in the middle... :luv:

Viktor & Rolf was so beautiful and ethereal!!! :bow: I swear, those gowns are fit for a Greek goddess (and Kasia :p)!

Also, did you hear Hakaan lost its entire collection :wtf: Anybody knows how???

Comme des Garçons was amazing too, those hats... are... just... something else!
CDG_0082.450x675.JPG

^
According to this article, the courier company lost his clothes as they were transporting them :wtf: More like stole them probably... :sneaky:

http://www.myfashionlife.com/archiv...-fashion-week-show-due-to-missing-collection/

Also, DAMN! There were a lot of ugly models at Valentino :nervous:

Wow, that's horrible... What a nightmare!

LOL IKR. Not even interesting-looking, just plain ugly. :/ The collection had some pretty nice pieces, though. Loved the trenchcoats. Didn't like the granny-chic vibe most of the clothes had, though.

And I really didn't like most of Chanel. I mean, wtf. Some outfits were kind of okay, but for the most the proportions were just weird. :wtf:

Alexander McQueen was okay. Definitely not as bad as last season's though. I liked some of the structured outfits in the beginning, but the looks with shorts and the looks with baskets were pretty fug. The dresses were definitely the low point of the collection though. Those big dresses with the flowers...:wtf: I also disliked the repetitiveness. It seems like some outfits were the almost the same as the one before it except in a different color. Of course, there were minor differences, but not big enough differences to keep it from feeling repetitive. Overall, this collection just lacked the magic of McQueen's collections, which is what I have said about all of Sarah Burton's previous collections for the house.

My least favorite looks:
IA7GL.jpg

AYOoQ.jpg

pBf8k.jpg

l20hm.jpg

M1YqT.jpg

tZwwN.jpg

ov7EC.jpg

MkySP.jpg

mgJNB.jpg

More of my least favorite looks from Alexander McQueen (these are WAY worse than the ones posted above :p)
JQwDK.jpg

hRBA0.jpg

xNQL0.jpg

u9391.jpg

9YI1J.jpg

AD2Qt.jpg

b2vXz.jpg

Zr3By.jpg

RLWxs.jpg

^
According to this article, the courier company lost his clothes as they were transporting them :wtf: More like stole them probably... :sneaky:

http://www.myfashionlife.com/archiv...-fashion-week-show-due-to-missing-collection/

Also, DAMN! There were a lot of ugly models at Valentino :nervous:

Someone should make a Bad Luck Brian meme of Hakaan :lol:

And you're right! I liked the clothes in Valentino (those pink/nude dresses were lovely :luv:), but the models were... :run:

Two of my favorite looks in ugly models (Julia Nobis [so plain and so ugly at the same time] and Irina Kravchenko [reminds me of a Kelly Mittendorf with less forehead])
VAL_0233.450x675.JPG
VAL_0334.450x675.JPG

EDIT: Oh, and Antonia "Caveman" Wesseloh... How could I forget it?
VAL_0554.450x675.JPG

The gowns at Elie Saab :bow::luv: (not a surprise)
My favorite Paris show!
It was so glamorous yet so effortless and so, so feminine and elegant!!! Even the daywear was just as glamorous gosh...
Oh, and Sigrid opened :p
_MG_0229.450x675.JPG
_MG_0267.450x675.JPG

_MG_0299.450x675.JPG
_MG_0263.450x675.JPG

_MG_0332.450x675.JPG
_MG_0381.450x675.JPG

IT'S... SO... BEAUTIFUL!!! :bow:

IMO his ready to wear collections are better than the couture ones only because he brings in new shapes and silhouettes and omg did someone see LV I mean talk about copy paste with marc jacobs haha, I didn't really like Dior, I personally will always adore what John Galliano did for the house and he will always be my favorite designer!

Ugh, I was really missing Karlie, Anja, and Toni at Elie Saab. I guess I'll have to wait until his HC collection :(

I really disliked the castings this season. Too much Daria Strokous, Tian Yi, and Julia Nobis, and not enough Karlie Kloss (ok I know she was filming for House of Style but still :(), Kendra Spears, Frida Gustavsson (except in NY), Elza Luijendijk (she did decent, just not as great as I wanted her to), and Montana Cox. Hated casts at Dior, Marc Jacobs, and Calvin Klein especially. Jason Wu probably had my favorite cast.

I really disliked the castings this season. Too much Daria Strokous, Tian Yi, and Julia Nobis

THIS.
Damnit that girl is so plain and average (not even pretty) yet I saw her everywhere! :rolleyes::mad:

I'm just mad that there was BARELY ANY MODELS OF COLOR OR ASIAN MODELS like wtf it was such a bad season for them, I was so happy to see JPG with different models and all ethnicities but I can't believe some designers are so racist, to say the truth!