S/s 2013

I liked D&G's previous collections, even though the theme was obviously recycled over and over. At least it was pretty and wearable. But their shitty collection this season, although it's different from that sexy, lacy Italian vibe the previous seasons' S/S collections had, is just so ugly :wtf:

Also, wasn't a fan of Anthony Vaccarello's collection either. Way too messy! The whole collection basically looked cheap. Good cast though, especially for a show that's not very prestigious. Was glad to see Anja open and close (although both her outfits were terrible :superpuke:).

Lily McMenamy (Kristen McMenamy's daughter) is supposedly a YSL exclusive...Totally a gimmick. lbr, with that face, she probably wouldn't be a model if it wasn't for the "McMenamy" after her first name. She looks like a poor man's Daphne Groeneveld in the first picture, except Daphne already looks like a poor man's version of herself.

They supposedly had 50 girls on hold for an exclusive, so I'm really hoping the show won't be a newbie overload, but I'm preparing myself for the worst :superpuke:

tumblr_lyzsuhkOLK1r80wxao1_500.jpg

k4xvk2.jpg

2r6faea.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Lanvin is smashing it right now, the runway is super cool and the clothes are on point. Thank god for Alber.

So glad to see Liya at Balenciaga! Almost makes up for Bo Don opening and Lais Ribeiro closing Balmain :superpuke:

MMM can't really do much wrong to me...

I'm predicting the Marant-craze will be slightly less everywhere-and-right-in-your-face next summer. (It didn't do anything to me. I saw some pieces I liked individually, but that was it.)

I'm just looking forward to the fact that Arizona probably won't be able to ruin the Isabel Marant ads again, since I don't think they've ever used a model for more than 2 seasons in a row.

God, yes! I just hated those. I'm actually hoping things will cool off around her entirely.

THE CASTING IN DIOR IS SO AMAZING!!! Magda, Hanne, Siu, Daria (she shouldn't have opened though, she's was too plain. Too bad she's Raf's fave) Jac, Fei Fei, Anabela, Vlada, Sigrid... Ah! Only Karlie is missing (I think I miss her the most out of all the pre-Raf Dior). You know what ruined it though? THIS:
Dior-RS13-3262.jpg

AND YOU KNOW I DON'T MEAN THE DRESS SUIT.

Now the clothes. It went pretty, fugly, pretty.
It started with these lovelies:
Dior-RS13-2657.jpg
Dior-RS13-2754.jpg

And when it started getting good and everything suddenly these fugly easter eggs appear:
Dior-RS13-27662.jpg

Some stuff of the middle was good though:
Dior-RS13-30642.jpg
Dior-RS13-28822.jpg

And towards the end it got better:
Dior-RS13-3133.jpg
Dior-RS13-33722.jpg

Dior-RS13-34352.jpg
Dior-RS13-33302.jpg

I have mixed feelings about it. I love all those suits and some of the dresses, but most of the dresses were downright ugly.

More bout Dior (cause I couldn't put more images in the last post).

1) Does anybody recognise this model? She seems so lovely and so familiar! I don't remember her name though... I think it is Alisa Frokalina???
Dior-RS13-2943.jpg

2) Jac in a black see-through top and a huge puffy skirt with a floral print:
Dior-RS13-34842.jpg

Hmmm... where have I seen this before???
tumblr_m6jsz5MK1Z1r9rsb6o1_r1_500.jpg

Is this going to be like, a trademark now? A "Dior" thing? I hope not. I don't like it.

3) OMG KASIA WTF ARE YOU WEARING??? THE COLORS BURN MY EYES!!!
Dior-RS13-29642.jpg

More bout Dior (cause I couldn't put more images in the last post).

1) Does anybody recognise this model? She seems so lovely and so familiar! I don't remember her name though...
Dior-RS13-2943.jpg

That's Yumi Lambert. She's half Japanese and signed to IMG. This is her debut season :)

That's Yumi Lambert. She's half Japanese and signed to IMG. This is her debut season :)

Thank you sooo much! :kiss:
She's so striking and the opposite person i thought she was...
And she's so cute and exotic at the same time!
I'm gonna go add her to the Babydoll Models list :)
I have a feeling she's going to become my favorite newcomer

I didn't feel Kenzo at all. Some looks were kind of good, but most looks... why? Lol.

Haider Ackermann was brilliant. I loved it. It was fantastic. It was amazing. I didn't like the blue lipstick (lol yeah sorry) but the looks were... wow.

I also really liked Balenciaga. The opening look was particularly stunning, it really set the tone.

By the way, have you ever noticed that Saskia de Brauw sometimes spills out her skirt/pants? (Yes, I have seen it before!) It really annoys me. Is it just because her upper body is so broad and the skirts and pants are too tight or something?
_ON_1075.450x675.JPG

Haider Ackermann was brilliant. I loved it. It was fantastic. It was amazing. I didn't like the blue lipstick (lol yeah sorry) but the looks were... wow.

YES HAIDER ACKERMANN WAS AMAZING!!! :highfive: Definitely my favorite show so far. Everything was structured so beautifully without looking too messy. It was all so elegant. The only critique I have is that it's not particularly "spring" because of the darker palette. I'm not surprised the collection was amazing though, the F/W 12 collection was my favorite of the whole season.

Seeing someone else designing at John Galliano makes me sadder than seeing Raf Simons taking over for Galliano at Dior. It was HIS own house, that HE created himself :( There are no designers atm to match his artistic genius and technical skill at creating masterpieces, because that's what his dresses were. He wasn't simply a designer, he was an artist. They should've shut down the house of John Galliano, the same way they should've shut down the house of Alexander McQueen after his death. Look at the travesty Sarah Burton is designing at Alexander McQueen. I don't want the same thing to happen at John Galliano. Bill Gaytton may have designed under Galliano, but he is NOT Galliano, and that's all the difference.

YES HAIDER ACKERMANN WAS AMAZING!!! :highfive: Definitely my favorite show so far. Everything was structured so beautifully without looking too messy. It was all so elegant. The only critique I have is that it's not particularly "spring" because of the darker palette. I'm not surprised the collection was amazing though, the F/W 12 collection was my favorite of the whole season.

I know right? I was all like ''WHAT IS GOING ON HERE'' because it was all so much (you get me right?) and at the same time it was so structured. It just belonged and it fell into place. My favourite show so far, too. The dark palette didn't bother me at all, and I don't think he actually has ever made a summer collection with actual summer colors. I don't care, anyway. It's part of the mystique. :)

I also agree on you with the whole McQueen/Burton Gaytten/Galliano thing. They take everything they built up, their whole empire, and change it. So much for honoring the designer.
They're just using the brands names to keep up their sales. People will buy it anyway, because hell, it's McQueen.
Every girl should know John Galliano, but they'll think Bill Gaytten is some ranchy country singer. It's just wouldn't be the same - their collections would doubtfully be as well received under another house.

Do I make sense? :p

Um... DAFUQ NINA RICCI???
I thought Nina Ricci was whimsical, lovely and flirty.
What's up with the Dominatrix outfits at the beginning?
The only looks I liked were:
This one is gregous :luv:
Nina%20Ricci%20SS13%203.JPG
tumblr_mb4169wukX1qgn7e1o1_500.jpg

OMG the one with the flapper feathers is just... :bow:
But most of it I found tacky and ugly:
S_634844473772402712.jpg
88444_600.jpg

That red blob of fabric... Just... :facepalm:

Seeing someone else designing at John Galliano makes me sadder than seeing Raf Simons taking over for Galliano at Dior. It was HIS own house, that HE created himself :( There are no designers atm to match his artistic genius and technical skill at creating masterpieces, because that's what his dresses were. He wasn't simply a designer, he was an artist. They should've shut down the house of John Galliano, the same way they should've shut down the house of Alexander McQueen after his death. Look at the travesty Sarah Burton is designing at Alexander McQueen. I don't want the same thing to happen at John Galliano. Bill Gaytton may have designed under Galliano, but he is NOT Galliano, and that's all the difference.

IKR
I actully like Bill Gaytten for Dior (it was better than Raf), but for Galliano he was just a major flop.
Spring 2013 under Gaytten:
_MG_0702.450x675.JPG

Spring 2010 under Galliano:
00060fullscreen.jpg

Absolutely no comparison

IKR
I actully like Bill Gaytten for Dior, but for Galliano he was just a major flop.
Spring 2013 under Gaytten:
_MG_0702.450x675.JPG

Spring 2010 under Galliano:
00060fullscreen.jpg

Absolutely no comparison

Yeah, I liked Gaytten for Dior too. He's not technically as good of a designer as Raf Simons, but I thought his collections were very elegant. It also seemed like his designs were better suited for a younger demographic (which is probably why I liked them :p). I wish they would've gave him more time to prove himself because I was interested in seeing in what direction he was going to take Dior, whereas it is plainly apparent that Raf Simons would and is applying minimalism to his work.

I was disappointed that there was nothing particularly "Galliano" about his collection for John Galliano. Galliano's main qualities is that he's OTT, ostentatious, dramatic, theatrical, etc. Gaytten's collection for John Galliano had none of those characteristics. I can appreciate the technical skills that went into the draping, but that kind of stuff belongs in a collection for Yohji Yanamoto! I feel like if you take over for a namesake fashion house, then you should either keep true to the qualities of that house, or make sure that what you design is fucking amazing. I think that's why people didn't really care that Galliano's collections were too theatrical to fit in with the classic feminity of Christian Dior's new look - because his collections were masterpieces (except for the flop collections, but at least they were interesting).