S/s 2013

I really liked Victoria's Beckham show. Three colours, basic forms, nothing really obvious for spring and summer.
getty_t_new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-2013-victoria-beckham-100912ab.jpg

nyfw-ss2013-rtw-victoria-beckham-L-2k6Ojp.jpeg

What I did not like was Diane von Furstenberg. She doesn't really know more colours than neons? :|

I'm loving Oscar de la Renta. The hair was totally unexpected and clashes a bit with the clothes though. And I agree with @71000, there are so many established girls! Karlie, Joan, Frida, Jac, Magdalena, Constance, Liu, Cara, Wixson...
De-La-Renta-RS13-1864.jpg
De-La-Renta-RS13-1891.jpg

De-La-Renta-RS13-1954.jpg
De-La-Renta-RS13-1985.jpg

De-La-Renta-RS13-2035.jpg
De-La-Renta-RS13-2069.jpg

De-La-Renta-RS13-2131.jpg
De-La-Renta-RS13-2147.jpg

De-La-Renta-RS13-2218.jpg
De-La-Renta-RS13-2268.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh @ Erjona Ala and Vanessa Axente being everywhere in NYFW. Hopefully their success does not carry over into the European fashion weeks. London Fashion Week is probably going to be as bad as NYFW casting-wise, if not worse, but looking forward to seeing Sarah Burton's collection for Alexander McQueen. I think Karlie might be skipping LFW; she doesn't have a showcard from IMG or Next. Or maybe she's walking without a showcard? :confused: She doesn't have a PFW showcard from IMG either. Actually, she's not even up on IMG London, Milan, or Paris's boards yet.

OMG @ the terrible models for Calvin Klein. Most of them were basic, pedestrian, uninspiring, etc...I was literally shocked by how boring the cast was. They weren't even boring-pretty like Valentina, Toni, Ginta, etc - they were boring ugly :rolleyes: Definitely the most disappointing show of New York for me. I don't even remember how the clothes were, the ugly models were too distracting...

Ralph Lauren was decent. It was a pretty collection, but a lot of pieces were boring and predictable. Some of the looks were also too messy. There were a few that stood out though.

My favorite looks:
_ON_0373.450x675.JPG

_ON_0365.450x675.JPG

_ON_0358.450x675.JPG

_ON_0329.450x675.JPG

_ON_0293.450x675.JPG

I liked Alexander Wang's collection until I learned that it was a complete ripoff of a lesser known designer's collection.

I liked Alexander Wang's collection until I learned that it was a complete ripoff of a lesser known designer's collection.

yes a lot of the dresses are basically copies of Tufi Duek SS11 but i still liked it, specially the last look and the finally was fucking amazing + that sound track :luv:

edit: here is the comparison
tumblr_ma4l3gHMSi1qza84qo1_500.jpg

yes a lot of the dresses are basically copies of Tufi Duek SS11 but i still liked it, specially the last look and the finally was fucking amazing + that sound track :luv:

Yep, the show was definitely amazing. Had one of the best casts of NYFW. I actually think Alexander Wang's collection was better, but I just can't get over the fact that he would blatantly rip off another collection like that.

Yep, the show was definitely amazing. Had one of the best casts of NYFW. I actually think Alexander Wang's collection was better, but I just can't get over the fact that he would blatantly rip off another collection like that.

i know tbh how did he have the guts like i could never do that, maybe he copied it unconsciously but still even the hair style lol but at least he did it better! I am so ready for paris and milan though! nyfw was a huge disappointment imo specially proenza like i miss the old them :'(

Milan fashion week has started, just seen Gucci and it was a bit of a disappointment, although I was pleased with the cast.

I agree. The clothes were rather shapeless, the ruffles were OTT, the prints were unattractive, etc. So glad Anja opened and closed though :luv: I would love if she, Natasha, and Karmen got the campaign.

The shoes are Prada were so ugly...Not a fan of the collection either. Most of the pieces were either boring (the first few black pieces in the beginning) or unflattering (the clothes with the weird folds and silhouettes).

Glad to see Aymeline and Elza there, but why, oh why did Daria Strokous have to close?? I don't hate her or anything, but she's just so bland.

The shoes are Prada were so ugly...Not a fan of the collection either. Most of the pieces were either boring (the first few black pieces in the beginning) or unflattering (the clothes with the weird folds and silhouettes).

Glad to see Aymeline and Elza there, but why, oh why did Daria Strokous have to close?? I don't hate her or anything, but she's just so bland.

Agreed, the collection was really bland and some of the cast weren't as skinny as I like my Prada models to be. Wall of shame below.

2012_09_20_17_37_06_prada_7073.jpg
2012_09_20_17_36_50_prada_7068.jpg
2012_09_20_17_39_47_prada_7111.jpg

2012_09_20_17_41_46_prada_7145.jpg
2012_09_20_17_42_54_prada_7164.jpg
2012_09_20_17_46_06_prada_7218.jpg

Favorite Milan show so far is Moschino.
Loved how they went from black-and-white, then metallic, then bright pops of color, then bold floral patterns, then the colors toned down and then black-and-white again. Kind of like a wave going up and then down.
:luv:
Moschino-RS13-0114.jpg
Moschino-RS13-0153.jpg

Moschino-RS13-0274.jpg
Moschino-RS13-0410.jpg

Moschino-RS13-0466.jpg
Moschino-RS13-0519.jpg

The clothes are so playful!

Looking at Prada.
Yawn.
So boring.
And I thought Miuccia was the queen of quirk.

Nooo. I had such respect for Alexander Wang. I really thought he was original. :(

omfg, I CANT @ DOLCE AND GABBANA!!! It seriously looked like the girls were wearing potato sacks...

Dolce has never been that good in my honest opinion I just think they do the same thing over and over again but I can't really complain since I like Elie Saab and he seems to do the same thing...I saw Hugo Boss SS2013 recently and it was SO good, I just really think I'm starting to appreciate more simple and well tailored clothing as opposed to color and "fashion forward" things I guess
Jil Sanders was amazing but PARIS HAS TO START ALREADY! can't wait for tomorrow