Ryan Seacrest

Hypatia

Rising Star
Apr 7, 2012
Annoying, and not the most attractive, but I admire his commitment to health/fitness. Although, a guy that's too obsessive with his diet is a bit of a turn off for me - that's my job :grin:

I never force my diet on others because being healthy or skinny is ultimately up to the individual, but I can relate to carrying smoothies around. I'm with Gordon btw, if you are going to drink juices all day, at least make it a tiny bit appetizing. Selena on the other hand, should take some notes.

-------------------------

http://www.mensfitness.com/life/ent...hollywood-ryan-seacrests-weight-loss-struggle

"They might recognize him from Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, or maybe from being on the receiving end of Sacha Baron Cohen’s red-carpet shenanigans. Not everyone will know him as the heavyset kid from Dunwoody, GA, who kept his shirt on at the community pool to hide his overweight frame, or the kid that snuck cookies and nachos behind his mother’s back. They know him as a slim guy—one who found success through a tireless worth ethic and commitment to seeing results.
The goal is to be in the gym five hours a week. I think that I probably average four and tell myself I’ve done five. I’m one of those people who, to see the best results, I have to balance the right exercise with the right eating. I’m a massive food lover. Sometimes I go back and forth, seesawing, and not really making the progress I want to make because I’ve botched my diet that week.
I love vegetable juices. Sometimes I’ll make juices—with or without pulp; it just depends. I love to snack on things that are crunchy. Even though they’re not bad, I tend to eat the wrong amount of almonds. I love roasted or raw almonds or cashews. I find that when I’m traveling, and I open up that mini-bar for a snack I always go for the nuts—sometimes the peanut M&M’s. - See more at: http://www.mensfitness.com/life/ent...ght-loss-struggle?page=2#sthash.EjsT3hcm.dpuf
I can’t remember how or why it came up, but it was a reality when I was growing up—I remember it vividly. Like going swimming and not taking off my shirt before jumping in the pool because I was a chubby kid, or going to shop for the first day of school and being in the husky jeans section at Marshall’s. I do remember that feeling of growing up and being a little bit overweight. I also remember at times being teased about it and because of that it’s still in my brain. I never want to feel that way again, and that motivates me to strive hard for balance without cutting anything that I truly enjoy, but while also knowing I can’t have it all the time. As a kid, I would go home—my mom didn’t always know I was doing this—and I’d sneak in and make a plate of nachos on a cookie sheet. I’d lay the cheese on top with some jalapenos and crank the oven up to broil, just to get the cheese brown. I did that on a regular basis. I definitely think that remembering how I felt back then drives me to stay fit as an adult.
wALp9n8.jpg