Running shoes

S

Skinny2012

My old running shoes are falling apart, i need new ones. I was thinking about buying nike shoes, but what kind of running shoes do you think are the best?

Reactions: 1 user
i have heard wonderful things about the reebok reeflex shoes. im hoping to get some soon as mine are falling to pieces too!

:D , loralora
I looove my Reebok reeflex's!
They're really light, they're not thick/padded on top, so your feet can breathe & they're flexible, so you don't feel like your shoes are changing how you foot falls when you run.
But I suggest you also try the 'Reezig' shoes - equally light, my mom has them & loves them. Nothing too different from the run-f-the-mill running shoes, but way lighter.
Wow, Reebok should pay me for all the publicity I'm doing for them!

Reactions: 1 users
:D , loralora
I looove my Reebok reeflex's!
They're really light, they're not thick/padded on top, so your feet can breathe & they're flexible, so you don't feel like your shoes are changing how you foot falls when you run.
But I suggest you also try the 'Reezig' shoes - equally light, my mom has them & loves them. Nothing too different from the run-f-the-mill running shoes, but way lighter.
Wow, Reebok should pay me for all the publicity I'm doing for them!

hahaha oh god i want a pair so much!! i think ill go and try a few pairs on when i have time ;)

Thanks for the tip, i will look out for the reebok shoes.

@AK91: yes reebok should pay you for this!^^

I have the Adidas Supernovas and I LOVE THEM. I was starting to get some knee pains when I ran and it stopped completely when I bought these. I got them cause they were like 2nd on the Women's Health best running shoes list last year.

Nike also has great running shoes, i've got those:

Nike_Lunarglide%2B2_Women_Black_Pink.jpg

I think they are called Lunarglide 2, they are very light and perfect for running.

I love my asics. They are one of the best shoe company out there. It is hard to find a cute pair though.. I was really lucky.. they were on sale reg like 160, for 70, perfect fit, and super, super cute.. baby blue and white. The only pair of asics I have ever liked.

My old running shoes are falling apart, i need new ones. I was thinking about buying nike shoes, but what kind of running shoes do you think are the best?

There is no easy answer for this. People have amazingly different feet and strides, and if you're serious about running then the little things matter.

Go to a running/triathalon specialty shop. Foot locker and the like don't count. Have one of the employees look at your feet and talk to you about your needs. Try many different kinds of shoes on. If you have any issues like shin splints, etc., then I also recommend having them analyze your gait. A high quality shop should provide this service, for free, and often with video.

I cannot overemphasize the need to try on a variety of shoes, with someone knowledgeable helping. Trust me, I've spent so much money over the years, just buying the new brand or what some person on the internet recommended.

All that said, I've learned that certain models of Asics are practically tailor-made for my feet.

There is no easy answer for this. People have amazingly different feet and strides, and if you're serious about running then the little things matter.

Go to a running/triathalon specialty shop. Foot locker and the like don't count. Have one of the employees look at your feet and talk to you about your needs. Try many different kinds of shoes on. If you have any issues like shin splints, etc., then I also recommend having them analyze your gait. A high quality shop should provide this service, for free, and often with video.

I cannot overemphasize the need to try on a variety of shoes, with someone knowledgeable helping. Trust me, I've spent so much money over the years, just buying the new brand or what some person on the internet recommended.

All that said, I've learned that certain models of Asics are practically tailor-made for my feet.

That's a lot of great advice :).

I always go Asics but I've been eyeing a pair of new balance (the more natural ones supposed to feel more like barefoot running)
However I would suggest making sure you get a good shoe for your foot no matter what brand. Some stores will watch you walk, see if you overpronate ect. and can help recommend a good shoe. I have low archs so for some activites I need lots of support but since I usually wear flats and other flat shoes and my feet never hurt I'm thinking of trying the barefoot style.
But definitely go more for how it fits and feels rather than looks of the shoe. If your feet hurt, you won't want to workout and that's a deal breaker.

I always go Asics but I've been eyeing a pair of new balance (the more natural ones supposed to feel more like barefoot running)
However I would suggest making sure you get a good shoe for your foot no matter what brand. Some stores will watch you walk, see if you overpronate ect. and can help recommend a good shoe. I have low archs so for some activites I need lots of support but since I usually wear flats and other flat shoes and my feet never hurt I'm thinking of trying the barefoot style.
But definitely go more for how it fits and feels rather than looks of the shoe. If your feet hurt, you won't want to workout and that's a deal breaker.

I recently bought the Asics new balance and they feel great!

I always get Nike, but I'm thinking of buying Rebook Reflex's, my friends love them.

I just bought Nike's Lunarglide 4, does anyone else have them? I was looking for reviews but didn't find much. I can't wait to try them tonight!!!
Plus, I'm more motivated than ever after I came back from vacation in Florida. The amount of fat/obese people I saw there is just unbelievable.. and I thought that people were fat in Canada! I was wrong. They're more average here.

My lovely new shoes :)
Nike-LunarGlide-4-Womens-Running-Shoe-524978_006_A.jpg

Nice! I don't know about exactly those shoes, but the brand Nike in general is always my first choice when it comes to running equipment. :)

And you're right about the people in Florida, i was there for a student exchange a few years ago and also found the amount of fat people there striking :meh:

I'm a big fan of the nike frees

Nike+Free+Run%2B+Side.jpg

Super lightweight, feels like you're flying

Last edited by a moderator:
me and my sister are both distance runners so we go through new balance like it's nobody's business! I think they're supposed to be great running shoes because almost every cross country coach i have had has recommended new balance and even our doctor recommends we get new balance because supposedly they are better for your knees.