Romee Strijd

I’m not trying to be all paranoid but your screenshot has accounts you follow and your profile pic (I think)? It’s probably safest to edit that stuff out, even though this thread is members only now that it’s in takedowns.
Oh gosh I’m so dumb how did I forget to edit that out thank you🤦🏽‍♀️

I definitely see a huge step forward

9A5CD86A-7CB3-43F9-B011-196B3D3F02FA.jpeg

• Disagree
  • Sad
  • Funny
Reactions: 10 users
I definitely see a huge step forward

View attachment 68450
A huge step forward to the all you can eat buffet

In all seriousness, I think this is just her body getting used to the weight gain and new amount of food, so she's less bloated and appears a bit smaller. I doubt she is ever going to be as skinny as she was before, not after her whole body-posi rebranding and the fact that she makes way more $$$ off of swim/youtube/influencing than HF.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 13 users

In all seriousness, I think this is just her body getting used to the weight gain and new amount of food, so she's less bloated and appears a bit smaller. I doubt she is ever going to be as skinny as she was before, not after her whole body-posi rebranding and the fact that she makes way more $$$ off of swim/youtube/influencing than HF.

Also, if she wanted to lose weight she could do it easily... in on month restricting you can lose at least 10lbs.

I think the weight gain is actually on purpose... Fatty McFatersons love to see relatable models.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Or just clever angles. Concealing her fat arms through strategically placed hair and phone, legs are apart, appears to be pushing her chest forward so as to make her stomach appear flatter, also pushing her butt out.... the classic Kardashian pose!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Also, if she wanted to lose weight she could do it easily... in on month restricting you can lose at least 10lbs.

I think the weight gain is actually on purpose... Fatty McFatersons love to see relatable models.

It must be on purpose. She is not even trying.

Evidence 1: LITERAL WAFFLES with ice-cream and chocolate sauce. Suddenly she's not even about the body but diabetes too?

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 09.14.14.png

Evidence 2: A big bowl of Mac'n'cheese (allegedly shared with her boyfriend - it's still more than enough cholesterol for one person). Romee: "Hey, it's vegan! It's like mac'n'cheese but with no real cheese!" :headbang:

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 09.13.01.png

Evidence 3: "We ordered takeaway! Acai bowl with almond butter, pancakes and a cookie!"

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 09.20.08.png
Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 09.22.06.png
Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 09.22.19.png

Now she's allergic to vegetables too? I heard it's a real deal.
Jokes aside, I understand that the weight gain may be a money move. It does not, however, justifies going full-speed towards diabetes and heart disease. She literally abandoned vegetables living off of simple carbs and trans-fats. Her body is still holding on. Soon, though, her hair will lose the shine, her skin will become dull, her energy levels will drop. All for what - a moment of sugar-fuelled dopamine rush? Is it really worth it? Health first, even if you volunteer to stay within BMI 24 range.
What's even worse is the fact that she is a role model for many girls. "Oh, Romee is a model and eats that way - I can too". And so society is coming up with the idea of a "TOXIC DIET CULTURE" to justify weight gain plague. It's just sad.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Gross
  • Pig
Reactions: 11 users
I'm not sure if this fits this narrative, but...
Before I moved to the Netherlands I thought all Dutch girls would be tall, skinny and beautiful like Romee. WRONG. They're all so CHUNKY. Tall and BROAD and all carrying so much excess fat with MASSIVE thighs and shoulders. I see some older women that are tall and skinny, maybe the weight drops off them at age 60, or maybe this generation just don't take care of themselves :eyeroll:

• Eye Roll
Before I moved to the Netherlands I thought all Dutch girls would be tall, skinny and beautiful like Romee. WRONG. They're all so CHUNKY. Tall and BROAD and all carrying so much excess fat with MASSIVE thighs and shoulders. I see some older women that are tall and skinny, maybe the weight drops off them at age 60, or maybe this generation just don't take care of themselves :eyeroll:

When I think about the Netherlands I always remember of Nikki tutorials. Can't stand her.

images (26).jpeg

• Eye Roll
Reactions: 1 users
Exactly. It's so tragic that they waste all that height and long limbs just to be fat. It gives such an overbearing, linebacker look.

The thing about being tall is that if you're not very thin, your body will look dreadful. Your body becomes very masculine and chunky. It's quite sad when they've had so much potential to be beautiful and modelesque, but I guess another hamburger is more important.:nopity:

• Agree
When I think about the Netherlands I always remember of Nikki tutorials. Can't stand her.

View attachment 69183
EXACTLY. So disgusting.

Exactly. It's so tragic that they waste all that height and long limbs just to be fat. It gives such an overbearing, linebacker look.

The thing about being tall is that if you're not very thin, your body will look dreadful. Your body becomes very masculine and chunky. It's quite sad when they've had so much potential to be beautiful and modelesque, but I guess another hamburger is more important.:nopity:

Oh 100%. So so so disgusting. My friend and I always talk about how masculine they look. It’s revolting.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Eye Roll
wait for it...

:whistling:

I should’ve been clearer, I meant Romee when she was at her slimmest and I borderline WORSHIPPED her. I moved the the Netherlands in 2018, and haven’t properly followed Romee since before her weight gain, so when I moved here I expected all Dutch girls to be like skinny Romee. Even fat Romee is skinny compared to the fatties here lmaooo.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Oh my god this thread is like the unfolding of a tragedy... Not just her body but the food choices through which she's gaining the weight are so tragic.

Does anyone think this backslide is related to the amount she works out? I used to really want the skinny fit fit fit Romee at her lowest sort of look but I would just get super drained and exhausted and found that restricting just works best for me, along with light yoga and cardio *when I feel like it.* I'm not sure if it's just my personal predilections or whether extremely athletic and skinny is more difficult to sustain. In theory I feel there's a sense in which it might be easier i.e. if you get used to the workouts, and your body has a slightly higher metabolism, health benefits etc. but hmm.

• Agree