Romee Strijd

I feel uncomfortable
Oh my god... it’s getting worse and worse... her stomach and inner thighs are the perfect reverse thinspo for me

7C684C09-52FF-437D-9821-15FF2DB2DB62.jpeg

From her own story, really showing us how much her face has changed. Of course she looks different with ten years apart, but this doesn’t even look like the same person imo

You know those “Dog or Food” memes with pics of dogs and food that look almost identical, eg:

D468A6CE-140B-4D69-85F9-F0E485D1A4B7.jpeg

I think we need our own SG version -Taylor Swift or Romee?

CEC73857-1C6B-4127-8486-9A4AA42676E1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I did NOT realize how drastic the weight gain was. Now I think it’s a business decision, 100%. It’s no secret that consumers don’t resonate with ultra skinny/fit VS models anymore, and it’s hurting business. There’s also speculation that the VS show isn’t happening this year (it’s already been taken off the air) so she might not have to worry about all that flab jiggling on a nationally televised runway, which was probably her personal motive for staying skinny. I’m convinced someone at VS told her to gain weight, and since that’s her main job and source of money she did it.

Now if Stella Maxwell gains too... :cry:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

I don’t believe for a second she’s ”healthier than ever”, which she stated in the Instagram story where she addressed the pregnancy rumors - her face looks so puffy and swollen. It looks like she has aged 10 years... :slinkout:

• Agree
View attachment 56119
I don’t believe for a second she’s ”healthier than ever”, which she stated in the Instagram story where she addressed the pregnancy rumors - her face looks so puffy and swollen. It looks like she has aged 10 years... :slinkout:

She lost all definition in her face... Also do I spy lip fillers and/or just some very shitty lip lining? She looks so weird. And old.

Reactions: 1 user
I think what really grinds my gears about Romee’s weight gain is the fact that she’s pushing the “I’m healthier like this” narrative. I’m sure there are some models that can get away with gaining weight and saying they got healthier but when you’re a VS Angel whom has contributed countless workout and nutrition related posts it just reads as utter bullshit. I understand that the industry is getting very loose in their standards of thinness and with VS plunging I’m sure gaining weight for a commercial appeal was a large contributing factor but the weight gain is obviously not coming in the form of a healthier life style. She isn’t gaining muscle or looking healthier at all. Her face is puffy, her abs are disappearing by the day and her skin looks atrocious! If all she was doing was moving out of restrictive diet and still indeed eating healthy just upping her caloric intake she’d still have a decent amount of muscle definition and she wouldn’t look so swollen. I guess I’m just disappointed to see another model whom I adored for maintaining and working so hard for their body just get lazy and sell out and be able to get away with pulling the health card just because our current generation seems to think weight gain is synonymous with healthier living. It’s all so tragic....

• Agree
I think what really grinds my gears about Romee’s weight gain is the fact that she’s pushing the “I’m healthier like this” narrative. I’m sure there are some models that can get away with gaining weight and saying they got healthier but when you’re a VS Angel whom has contributed countless workout and nutrition related posts it just reads as utter bullshit. I understand that the industry is getting very loose in their standards of thinness and with VS plunging I’m sure gaining weight for a commercial appeal was a large contributing factor but the weight gain is obviously not coming in the form of a healthier life style. She isn’t gaining muscle or looking healthier at all. Her face is puffy, her abs are disappearing by the day and her skin looks atrocious! If all she was doing was moving out of restrictive diet and still indeed eating healthy just upping her caloric intake she’d still have a decent amount of muscle definition and she wouldn’t look so swollen. I guess I’m just disappointed to see another model whom I adored for maintaining and working so hard for their body just get lazy and sell out and be able to get away with pulling the health card just because our current generation seems to think weight gain is synonymous with healthier living. It’s all so tragic....

My thoughts exactly! She used to be a model I loved but her body has almost gained beyond recognition. She looks swollen and tired and not at all as radiant at she used to be. Such a shame.

It’s pictures like that that make me glad I have a big head and small frame (bobblehead syndrome anyone?) and not the other way around... :nervous:

Side note: I think by now we all know that Romee’s officially a fat, lazy, tired-looking, poorly-aging, bullshit-spewing excuse for a model. Can we stop bumping her thread with the same sentiment? It’s like saying that Barbara Palvin is a waste of a face, or that Vlada is the ultimate skinny— trust me, we know.

• Agree
Side note: I think by now we all know that Romee’s officially a fat, lazy, tired-looking, poorly-aging, bullshit-spewing excuse for a model. Can we stop bumping her thread with the same sentiment? It’s like saying that Barbara Palvin is a waste of a face, or that Vlada is the ultimate skinny— trust me, we know.
Reverse thinspo though?? My question is why isn’t she in Takedowns yet?

• Agree
I did NOT realize how drastic the weight gain was. Now I think it’s a business decision, 100%. It’s no secret that consumers don’t resonate with ultra skinny/fit VS models anymore, and it’s hurting business. There’s also speculation that the VS show isn’t happening this year (it’s already been taken off the air) so she might not have to worry about all that flab jiggling on a nationally televised runway, which was probably her personal motive for staying skinny. I’m convinced someone at VS told her to gain weight, and since that’s her main job and source of money she did it.

Now if Stella Maxwell gains too... :cry:
I can see that, about it being a business decision. I think recently a lot of companies have been pushed to cast more average looking models (in terms of weight), especially because of how whiny the public is being about “body positivity” and the “everyone is beautiful” bullshit. A lot of people are just jealous and annoyed that they’re not seeing themselves in these models. Newsflash, models are not meant to represent people. They’re supposed to be above that, to be the best possible versions of what humanity looks like, and make the clothes look amazing. If you take away the divine aspect of what models are supposed to be, it lowers of the art form of fashion. And you get products like Romee.....

You can compare her body from 2017,18 & 19 in her brand new video. I'm speechless. Photos are one thing but on film camera the difference is even bigger. Literally, BIGGER.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user