Romee Strijd

Well now we know why. She has gained enough popularity over the years through social media to quit runway and HF modeling, it's pretty clear she sees her future as an influencer and she doesn't need to be skinny for that – if anything her following will be greater when she appeals more to the common woman.

I guess I don't begrudge her, and if I were the type of person who was into following influencers I think she's a better "inspiration" than many VERY AVERAGE, plastic rich girls trying to be influencers. At least Romee & Laurens are (mostly) natural-looking, nice, fun, and R actually worked for years, instead of having Daddy buy her designer clothes to showcase on Instagram :superpuke:

But Romee: it's healthier THAN ever, not then :tsk: (I am not a native English speaker either and then/than is such an easy rule to learn).

Yeah, I completely agree. If only living during a time of influencers meant more skinnies instead of less :(

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Wow i miss this Romee. Stella is the last one we have left ladies..

Attachments

• 469EBF5A00000578-5109827-image-a-102_1511401126619.jpg
    469EBF5A00000578-5109827-image-a-102_1511401126619.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Some girls I know brought her up in conversation today. I said "didn't she gain quite a bit of weight?" and I got attacked with "why do you have a problem with her gaining?! she used to be WAY too skinny!" haha sure. Explain why she looked 10x better before she put on weight then.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
When models gain, they lose that it factor that made them models in the first place. Now they’re just...regular :meh:

She is looking more and more like her sister who I had always thought received the unfortunate genes in the family. Weight gain is evidently the great equalizer in the genetic lottery.

Attachments

• B86C2D48-C0C8-4BC5-B2CF-4F02C9A38D0F.jpeg
    B86C2D48-C0C8-4BC5-B2CF-4F02C9A38D0F.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Takedowns, not because she's as disgustingly fat as some of the other girls in that section- she's even still skinnier than some other girls in the models section- but because she has gotten defensive about it and clearly has no intentions to lose the weight, saying that she's "the healthiest she's ever been" etc etc etc. Ok sure, maybe true depending on what her diet and fitness actually looked like before, but the real reason she gained is obviously bc she's famous enough and secure enough in her VS deal that she doesn't have to work hard on her body anymore to make money off of how she looks. For her to suggest otherwise is insulting to our intelligence lol. If she weren't such a big name, she would have either STFU and actually eat 1/4th of the avocado toasts she posts, or if she were genuinely unhealthy, gain some weight and quit modeling or move into a different market if possible. And of course, as has been proven by many girls here, you can still be skinny without being sick and deprived.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Takedowns, not because she's as disgustingly fat as some of the other girls in that section- she's even still skinnier than some other girls in the models section- but because she has gotten defensive about it and clearly has no intentions to lose the weight, saying that she's "the healthiest she's ever been" etc etc etc. Ok sure, maybe true depending on what her diet and fitness actually looked like before, but the real reason she gained is obviously bc she's famous enough and secure enough in her VS deal that she doesn't have to work hard on her body anymore to make money off of how she looks. For her to suggest otherwise is insulting to our intelligence lol. If she weren't such a big name, she would have either STFU and actually eat 1/4th of the avocado toasts she posts, or if she were genuinely unhealthy, gain some weight and quit modeling or move into a different market if possible. And of course, as has been proven by many girls here, you can still be skinny without being sick and deprived.
Oof I do agree with everything you said but I kinda want to keep her in models on the off chance she sees this thread and gets suddenly motivated to lose 20lbs. I’m somewhat prepared to become a Health at Every Size advocate if it means getting Romee back to a bmi 16 :spazrun:

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
Oof I do agree with everything you said but I kinda want to keep her in models on the off chance she sees this thread and gets suddenly motivated to lose 20lbs. I’m somewhat prepared to become a Health at Every Size advocate if it means getting Romee back to a bmi 16 :spazrun:

Seriously that is one of my dilemmas about totally moving the threads, especially better known models like Romee. I mentioned the Google thing, because so many of our threads come up very high. But also a total move of the thread makes it disappear for non-members.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Her face looks like a bloated, angry puppy here minus the cute. Thighs look meaty too. Looking like this at Cannes is what nightmares are made of :hyper:

• Agree
  • Funny
  • WTF
Reactions: 3 users

You can tell the definition and angles have all but disappeared from her face unless she’s making a duckface and wears five million different contour products.

It’s all good though Romee taught us a bloated face is a sign of health.

• Funny
  • Agree

I'm not a fan of Romee, but this picture is cute and her waist looks alright (I'm not certain whether this was taken recently however)

• Eye Roll
  • Disagree
  • Dislike
I'm not certain whether this was taken recently however
Arm is a completely different size in her last pic, and she appears to be in a different location right now. The caption of the pic also implies that it’s a throwback. I found all this out in 30 seconds looking at her ig page. The same pic was also posted on Laurens’ page a year ago.

Unless you’re arguing that she lost 20 lbs in the span of a few hours?

FYI this is what she looks like right now:
6C2BB74A-0642-4DF2-B2A5-B238BFCA369E.png

• Agree
  • Useful