Romee Strijd

Honestly thought this was Karlie Kloss at first glance..

EC102111-D3D1-435C-8CD8-F22A05F9ECF3.jpeg
F6E00670-D2C8-4CF6-88CF-F81BE62E0A04.jpeg

• Sad
  • WTF
  • Gross
Reactions: 18 users
...and with her face the overall effect is so painfully average. I mean, I do not at all wish this to happen, but someone like Kris could gain and still look relatively special. Oh Romee, honey, you really can’t afford this :busted:

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Do you guys think she is comfortable/embracing her weight gain since she is posting pictures that are not making any attempts to conceal anything?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think she is comfortable/embracing her weight gain since she is posting pictures that are not making any attempts to conceal anything?

As been posted on this thread earlier, it seems that she has tried to get back to the way she was, but I don't think it's been working so far. However I do have to appreciate her transparency about the gain - to me it's better to be honest than to desperately try photoshopping your personal IG pics, the truth would come out eventually anyway. Makes her seem more sincere and ''real'' than e.g. Elsa, the queen of angles&facetune.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I said in her vlog she appears ‘sadder’ and a lot more insecure about her body. Rightfully so, imo. But I’d say she’s clearly working towards improving (I hope) as seen through her vegan workout retreats and rants about trying to be healthy. If those are her intentions, I’ll let her carry on. If she’s really trying to be muscular and thick then... each to their own? :run:

At the end of the day she’s a lingerie model with a big social media following— she can’t just avoid posting images of herself/being shot for campaigns because some anonymous critics on the internet said she had arm flab. If she is trying to fix her fatness, she still has to document the process whether we like it or not. I really really hope she’s trying to improve and not just embrace her thickness like apparently every other commercial/VS model. For the sake of my eyes, please Romee :cry:

That being said...

3831A551-BA6C-4FEA-AF92-A06E2733B4F5.png

Reverse thinspo anyone?

• Agree
Seconding what @stargirl said. She definitely seems less willing to show off her body in non-work-related content, i.e. casual IG pictures and Youtube vlogs.

If you're looking for someone who's embracing their weight gain, I'd point to Sanne Vloet, who is still making her bikini pics the thumbnail of her Youtube "what I eat in a day" videos despite having gained at least 10lbs and looking soft as hell.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Do you think that may be VS is pushing an average size/plus size agenda after all the criticism about lack of "body diversity"? I mean that they might have told some angels to gain weight, or some PC euphemism to that effect? They did just hire Barbara...

Do you think that may be VS is pushing an average size/plus size agenda after all the criticism about lack of "body diversity"? I mean that they might have told some angels to gain weight, or some PC euphemism to that effect? They did just hire Barbara...
I don’t think they’ll go bigger than Barbara. After Ed said what he said, they were under fire and they had to think quick :lol: still though VS has become painfully average and is no longer special.

Edit: just remembered they had Maia cotton in the show so maybe they’ll go down the route of no return after all

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I said in her vlog she appears ‘sadder’ and a lot more insecure about her body. Rightfully so, imo. But I’d say she’s clearly working towards improving (I hope) as seen through her vegan workout retreats and rants about trying to be healthy. If those are her intentions, I’ll let her carry on. If she’s really trying to be muscular and thick then... each to their own? :run:

At the end of the day she’s a lingerie model with a big social media following— she can’t just avoid posting images of herself/being shot for campaigns because some anonymous critics on the internet said she had arm flab. If she is trying to fix her fatness, she still has to document the process whether we like it or not. I really really hope she’s trying to improve and not just embrace her thickness like apparently every other commercial/VS model. For the sake of my eyes, please Romee :cry:

That being said...

View attachment 54454

Reverse thinspo anyone?

Yeah I completely agree with your points. It may have been said before, but she must have been restricting pretty intensely given how rapidly she has gained.

A few thoughts:

1. She has the bottoms on wrong. It's a bit sad when your thigh can fit the hole meant for your hips, no?
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 3.12.41 PM.png

2. You know it's bad when you're getting comments praising you for how "healthy" you look:

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 3.11.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 3.11.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 3.11.43 PM.png

*not all supportive though: ( @marieebo you're not alone)

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 3.11.58 PM.png

and perhaps the most offensive one:

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 3.10.47 PM.png

• Sad
  • Gross
  • Funny
Reactions: 4 users
A few thoughts:

1. She has the bottoms on wrong. It's a bit sad when your thigh can fit the hole meant for your hips, no?
View attachment 54578

2. You know it's bad when you're getting comments praising you for how "healthy" you look:

View attachment 54580
View attachment 54581
View attachment 54582

View attachment 54583

View attachment 54579
She didn’t even gain gracefully, which has me thinking she definitely gained from starting to eat normally. She’s flabby, squishy, and looks like she never worked out a day in her life. she doesn’t look “healthy” she looks like she’s been bingeing.

Can’t wait to see her future post about her Ed or cocaine and tapas article.

• Agree
99192DD2-5CD8-42FE-94CB-9C8506A9D21C.jpeg
0A0A9F55-3DF4-4383-B5A8-BC5C9D8435CB.jpeg
072758A4-7F95-431E-AA4F-08A5FE67AACA.jpeg

She looks like a thirty something year old influencer with bratty kids and early onset skin cancer. If someone posted these in wannabe models thread I wouldn’t even contemplate it :tsk:

• Gross
  • WTF
A few thoughts:

View attachment 54578

View attachment 54580
View attachment 54581
View attachment 54582

View attachment 54583

View attachment 54579
She doesn’t look healthy at all. She looks like she started eating 5 cheese burritos and hasn’t worked out in months.

• Agree