Romee Strijd

Interesting that she cites PCOS as the reason she had fertility issues. I was unaware PCOS could be caused by a low weight or bodily stress. I know low weight/ intense lifestyle can cause amenorrhea but that and PCOS are two different things, and in my experience PCOS is actually related to PCOS in the inverse: it causes weight gain and makes it harder to lose weight.

Usually the treatment IS restriction of certain foods and an increase in training. I’m not a doctor by any means, but I do suspect I have PCOS due to having most of the symptoms (fighting naturally higher body weight, hirsute, irregular menses, etc) so this is of particular interest to me.

I’m happy she was able to conceive and I’m not questioning her explanation, I guess I’m just confused.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Though the video blames it on pcos, the insta post says that actually it was her weight that caused her lost period ...so the weight gain was intentional and due to lifestyle and diet, not pcos ! (Aka I think she’s probs misusing pcos/ the dr was initially wrong as she didn’t respond to treatment and it was just low weight responsible)

Reactions: 1 user
I have to say I am truly happy for them as they seem such a lovely couple and he seems really supporting of her. I have to say the whole PCOS was sooo confusing cause I have a lot of friends who have it and that doesn’t cause your period to stop, am I wrong? It’s like she wanted to hint an ED but was a little scared to discuss more

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users
Sounds more like amenorrhea to me than PCOS. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the general protocol for PCOS pretty opposite from what she described? Nonetheless I'm happy for her, she's mentioned frequently how much she'd love to have kids.
Edit: Just saw everyone else's comments being confused calling it PSOS, glad I'm not the only one

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
It could be a combination of both, because it must be that much harder to maintain a low weight with PCOS. Also it would explain why she had a lot of body hair. But very happy for her, and I hope everything goes smoothly for them.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I have PCOS and at one point had to gain back a substantial amount of weight with certain medications. I can’t go below 100 even at my height of 5’5 or it flairs. Everyone’s body is different. I’m glad she’s happy and pregnant! It makes me sad to know she was struggling this way.

• Agree
I think it’s a combination of both. PCOS seriously messes with your hormones causing both infertility and weight gain. Romee isn’t naturally as skinny as she was “at her prime” so she really had to restrict and workout a lot to be that skinny + extra to also combat the PCOS weight gain. On top of that I can only imagine how stressful all the travelling and lack of sleep is on an already stressed body. The human body is incredibly smart and if it can’t carry a child, mentally or physically, it won’t give you a period. Happy for her she got it back and is expecting a baby. I also teared up when she and Lauren’s did lol. Think they will make a lovely family.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
I'm happy for her, she'll be a good mother. I have to admit that pregnant Romee looks better than non-pregnant Taylor Hill.

Some throwbacks of young Romee as a daily doze of inspiration. Her body was a pleasure for eyes:
CourteousFrequentDonkey-size_restricted.gif

7daba1152892750.jpg

tumblr_m2an03zkO01qcdhf7o1_500.jpg

Isabel Marant Spring 2012
Isabel-Marant-Spring-2012-Backstage-S-Dtn-Bg-Krk-Bx.jpg

Louis Vuitton ss 2012
Z0vW11Jet3A.jpg

3EB8543F00000578-0-image-a-1_1490739295209.jpg

BZuSJyp7M9Q.jpg

63774e15cdd52628bfe4050ba77bb0ec.jpg

12_3w0b8187.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
For all the people asking for some PCOS background info: It's basically a hormonal imbalance disorder that can occur in women of reproductive age, the exact cause is still unknown and weightloss is oftentimes apart of the treatment protocol but not always. Excess androgen hormone secondary to PCOS can cause the loss of periods or infrequent/irregular periods, and ovaries can develop follicles (which is why you don't menstruate, the follicles surround the ovary and prevent the release of eggs). Diagnosis requires two of the three criterion: irregular/infrequent periods, androgen imbalance, or the ovary follicle thing. Many pts also have insulin resistance concomitant to their PCOS.

Anyway, so so happy for Romee, I think she has a great relationship from what I've seen and will be a good mom. Also I'm glad her weight gain wasn't related to laziness and a loss of self control but rather a targeted thing to help with conception

• Agree
  • Useful
I'm really happy for her and glad it was a simple fix. I am having my 2nd tube out in a few weeks and would definitely gain weight if that would fix my body, so I definitely understand why she made these choices. Hope all goes well for her!

Hate to derail from the subject matter but I just wanted to say that I’m so sorry you have to go through that and I couldn’t find the fitting emoji to do so.

Hate to derail from the subject matter but I just wanted to say that I’m so sorry you have to go through that and I couldn’t find the fitting emoji to do so.
Thank you. It is my 6th major surgery now so have generally made peace with the issues and if I get down about it all I try to think about the bright side, which is that every week in hospital with no eating makes my body look that much better after. This forum is definitely the only place I could say that haha.

Not going to lie. I am excited to see how big she will get during this pregnancy and how she deals with the additional weight after giving birth. It already seemed she gave up trying to maintain (her body) before pregnancy, so it be interesting to see how this unfolds.
6D323C12-348F-4767-9E03-10484861DF52.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Not going to lie. I am excited to see how big she will get during this pregnancy and how she deals with the additional weight after giving birth. It already seemed she gave up trying to maintain (her body) before pregnancy, so it be interesting to see how this unfolds. View attachment 81824
Tbh this came perfect for her as she is pregnant at the same time as Gigi Hadid so in comparison she’s gonna look fucking great no matter how big she gets lol

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 13 users
Not going to lie. I am excited to see how big she will get during this pregnancy and how she deals with the additional weight after giving birth. It already seemed she gave up trying to maintain (her body) before pregnancy, so it be interesting to see how this unfolds.

TBH what we now know about her condition maybe give up is a bit harsh, she could have gained weight prior to pregnancy for health reasons.

• Agree
A gossip instagram account I follow posted this earlier....View attachment 83913

Oh my God, he's an abuser! :lol:

"One piece of chocolate never killed anyone." But if you say that to yourself every day... One easily becames two, three, etc

I fully agree with you. Firstly, you allow several pieces of chocolate, then you find yourself eating a huge 300 gr of Milka and you end up looking like Taylor Hill or Sara Sampaio 🐷🐖

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 3 users