Romee Strijd

Discussion in 'Models' started by tiffanysgirl18, Apr 30, 2012.

1. temporally

temporally Worker Bee

Ran across these oldies on Pinterest while searching for workout thinspo:

29B7454E-14EE-4B27-9C99-7CD92E1E4158.jpeg

68881F84-DBE0-4E96-B82F-0978BD69420B.jpeg

Sigh. :(

• Love Love x 4
    • Sad Sad x 2
  2. Skinnybubbly

Skinnybubbly Rising Star

That’s what i was thinking. She was posting pictures with babies a lot recently on her ig stories. So she might have baby fever and decided that it is time. I know being really skinny gets in the way of that sometimes because you lose your period which may have been her case. Can’t think of another reason why she would put her job on such a line lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Gross Gross x 1
  3. proseccoprincess

proseccoprincess Grand Dame

I doubt the weight gain would jeopardize her VS work- considering the avg VS model’s size it’s basically a smart career move. VS work makes infinitely more money than HF runway shows, and she’s a popular somewhat long-time angel with a big social media following, so VS has no reason to drop her or stop giving her work. This weight gain will probably make her MORE popular with the mainstream judging by ig comments..

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Gross Gross x 1
  4. ModelTears

ModelTears Rookie

She looks painfully average she used to have such a nice body god what the hell did she do to herself

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brooke_

Brooke_ Rookie

Yep. But in no way they *actually* find her more attractive like this. They are just relieved she isn't super hot anymore, and thus doesn't threaten their fragile self esteem.

It did in my case too. My ob/gyn already told me that I'll need to gain when/if I want to get pregnant.. But in truth my period disappeared at 54kg which is not even that low at 5'8 :slinkout:
    Anyway, in that case Romee will prob lose all the extra lbs soon after giving birth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. roro

roro Rookie

7. proseccoprincess

proseccoprincess Grand Dame

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 12.14.35 PM.png

This outfit wouldn't even look good on a skinny person

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ModelTears

ModelTears Rookie

That outfit screams LOOK AT ME IM TRASHY AF :disgusted:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Oona

Oona Rookie

I can’t with that neon trend. Thank god she spared us the neon biker shorts she was most definitely wearing underneath that pair of “jeans”

Barf.

10. ModelTears

ModelTears Rookie

This is such an unflattering photo. Where’s her neck at? Wtf is she wearing? The wind in the shirt makes it look like she has bigger arms that she already has. No words :run:

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Alisa

Alisa Rookie

12. sentier

sentier Grand Dame

The fuck is this? Some sort of gilet jaune shoutout?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Plume

Plume Grand Dame

Her face looks so puffy especially at 13:00 :disgusted:
    And there she is eating a burger and fries at the end... Remember in old vlogs when she used to have restraint and just watched while her bf was eating... It's like she gave up

14. charisma

charisma Super Star

Haha the driver's response at 17:29 while they're headed to In-N-Out: "Do you want something too?" "No I'm okay, I'm on an only air diet" :lol:

• Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Rose

Rose Rookie

This is not the first time that she has denied pregnancy rumors. It's hard to tell whether her weight gain was actually intentional given how sudden it was..

Attached Files:

16. Valentina

Valentina Worker Bee

AB66C556-83FB-43C4-B650-B0D7096C8666.png Apparently she is offended by people wondering if she's pregnant and she quickly pulled the 'healthier' body / happier than ever song...
    C'mon Romee, who are you trying to fool? :facepalm:
    Where did your enviable discipline go?

EDIT The time it took me to upload this @Rose 's comment was already up, blame my terrible connection... I'm sorry if my comment is redundant.

#576 Valentina, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  17. Brooke_

Brooke_ Rookie

Well now we know why. She has gained enough popularity over the years through social media to quit runway and HF modeling, it's pretty clear she sees her future as an influencer and she doesn't need to be skinny for that – if anything her following will be greater when she appeals more to the common woman.

I guess I don't begrudge her, and if I were the type of person who was into following influencers I think she's a better "inspiration" than many VERY AVERAGE, plastic rich girls trying to be influencers. At least Romee & Laurens are (mostly) natural-looking, nice, fun, and R actually worked for years, instead of having Daddy buy her designer clothes to showcase on Instagram :superpuke:

But Romee: it's healthier THAN ever, not then :tsk: (I am not a native English speaker either and then/than is such an easy rule to learn).

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. temporally

temporally Worker Bee

Honestly, that irked me more than her bloated physique.

0860B483-F00E-4D23-8E74-424CA0BAC6C1.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. cosmic latte

cosmic latte Rising Star

don't forget our favorite on here on SGF: loose and lose :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. cosmere

cosmere Worker Bee

The color! The ass! The neck! This is a true masterpiece of public career suicide.

• Gross Gross x 6
    • WTF WTF x 2