Romee Strijd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she or any of the other VS girls (except maybe Elsa) have plans to lose anytime soon - the company/fans are loving it IMO. Should we just preemptively move to Takedowns?

Was bored and decided to do a fairly in depth analysis of Romee’s gain (lol).

I’m starting to wonder if it was all intentional, planned out? She was consistently skinny on both Instagram and in real life up until about January 2018, when she got that godawful fringe. The fringe (/bangs) were the gateway into influencer-land. All traces of HF work disappeared from her feed and corny attempts of oversaturated seduction and ass pics dominated her account. I think it was around this time we started commenting about how thick she was starting to look. However, candids and videos at around the same time didn’t reflect this and showed her to be the same skinny bitch we knew and loved.

By June 2018, she was still skinny-ish posing as a blonde Kardashian on ig, but her waist had lost most definition (I partially believe she was editing it softer to be this way) and got that constantly bloated look I’ve picked up on before. Imo, this was the start of her overeating healthy foods, aka completely intentionally. She momentarily toned up for the VSFS, although she was visibly larger in all aspects. She’s gone downhill ever since: posing in all her photos with her back bent, stomach forced forwards, tits front and centre. It’s gross. She loves it.

Nowadays she’s hardly even a model anymore. She’s traded in runway shows for sitting front row with her other influencer friends. She works out a lot less and seems to purely fixate on making her legs/ass look bigger, completely neglecting her previously stellar arms and abs.

TL;DR contrary to most of the theories on here, at some point Romee underwent a total mental shift where she actively decided to gain. It took a while but her body very quickly caught up to her mind when she switched up her habits. Romee is no longer a model; takedowns?

I’m starting to wonder if it was all intentional, planned out? She was consistently skinny on both Instagram and in real life up until about January 2018, when she got that godawful fringe. The fringe (/bangs) were the gateway into influencer-land. All traces of HF work disappeared from her feed and corny attempts of oversaturated seduction and ass pics dominated her account. I think it was around this time we started commenting about how thick she was starting to look. However, candids and videos at around the same time didn’t reflect this and showed her to be the same skinny bitch we knew and loved.

By June 2018, she was still skinny-ish posing as a blonde Kardashian on ig, but her waist had lost most definition (I partially believe she was editing it softer to be this way) and got that constantly bloated look I’ve picked up on before. Imo, this was the start of her overeating healthy foods, aka completely intentionally. She momentarily toned up for the VSFS, although she was visibly larger in all aspects. She’s gone downhill ever since: posing in all her photos with her back bent, stomach forced forwards, tits front and centre. It’s gross. She loves it.

Nowadays she’s hardly even a model anymore. She’s traded in runway shows for sitting front row with her other influencer friends. She works out a lot less and seems to purely fixate on making her legs/ass look bigger, completely neglecting her previously stellar arms and abs.

TL;DR contrary to most of the theories on here, at some point Romee underwent a total mental shift where she actively decided to gain. It took a while but her body very quickly caught up to her mind when she switched up her habits. Romee is no longer a model; takedowns?
It's always a tragedy to see someone whose body you aspired to have ruin theirs for social media clout. No more skinny Romee for all of us. 😭

Why is she always so fucking bloated? Is it just fullness from perennially overeating or has she developed some sort of digestive issue? It would make sense given the theory that she used to eat very little and now doesn’t stop. From what I’ve heard, metabolic damage like this can cause uncontrollable weight gain and digestive discomfort, but I don’t know if she was that intense a restricter or if it is even a real disorder. Either way, take some probiotics or drink peppermint tea, at least :tsk:

It’s almost like it’s always the YouTube clout. Romee and sanne. Also jasmine and Josephine (don’t really follow them so idk if they were that skinny before) Now guess who also is new to YouTube...Martha. 😩

Why is she always so fucking bloated? Is it just fullness from perennially overeating or has she developed some sort of digestive issue? It would make sense given the theory that she used to eat very little and now doesn’t stop. From what I’ve heard, metabolic damage like this can cause uncontrollable weight gain and digestive discomfort, but I don’t know if she was that intense a restricter or if it is even a real disorder. Either way, take some probiotics or drink peppermint tea, at least :tsk:
I KNOW RIGHT. My guess is that she was a crazy heavy restricter judging by how fast she went from waif to whale....like that stark of a contrast I bet her digestive system is like “what do I do with ALL THIS FOOD:cautious:

I KNOW RIGHT. My guess is that she was a crazy heavy restricter judging by how fast she went from waif to whale....like that stark of a contrast I bet her digestive system is like “what do I do with ALL THIS FOOD:cautious:
That’s exactly why I don’t want to restrict my calories too much & then all of a sudden compulsively binge like a wild animal (and gain a ton of unintentional weight back). If this is what’s going on with Romee, she’s putting her body through a tremendous amount of unhealthy stress. It all makes me wonder what the actual hell has been going on mentally for her. Assuming that this gain came about from severe and unhealthy restriction, the whole situation is a huge reminder that it’s important to find more sustainable ways to lose weight & maintain it because I certainly wouldn’t want this to happen to me down the road. It seems like she went through a spiritual awakening or something & realized that whatever she was doing was wreaking havoc on her system and mental state.

That’s exactly why I don’t want to restrict my calories too much & then all of a sudden compulsively binge like a wild animal (and gain a ton of unintentional weight back). If this is what’s going on with Romee, she’s putting her body through a tremendous amount of unhealthy stress. It all makes me wonder what the actual hell has been going on mentally for her. Assuming that this gain came about from severe and unhealthy restriction, the whole situation is a huge reminder that it’s important to find more sustainable ways to lose weight & maintain it because I certainly wouldn’t want this to happen to me down the road. It seems like she went through a spiritual awakening or something & realized that whatever she was doing was wreaking havoc on her system and mental state.
If you over-restrict longterm to lose weight, going back to eating normally can be a gateway to gaining seemingly uncontrollably large amounts of weight, even if you start restricting again to counteract it. It’s very distressing; I’ve been there myself. They actually encourage you to ‘eat whatever you want’ and not diet or even eat healthily, which is stupid. After a month or two your metabolism regulates and you can start maintaining or losing, depending on how you eat. It seems Romee has taken this quite literally and seems to believe that eating seven full sized meals a day won’t have any impact on her post-metabolic-repair body. Yikes :nervous:

Now guess who also is new to YouTube...Martha

I couldn't help myself and watched it... God, she dumb. And very superficial.
Also, I feel like the majority of VS models (especially the ones that aspire to be YouTubers) look exactly the same, don't they? I won't ever get the appeal of looking like million other girls. Maybe in their heads, that's what's required to "make it" as an influencer? Plus a big butt on Instagram and you're rolling.

View attachment 58674View attachment 58675View attachment 58677View attachment 58676

If you over-restrict longterm to lose weight, going back to eating normally can be a gateway to gaining seemingly uncontrollably large amounts of weight, even if you start restricting again to counteract it. It’s very distressing; I’ve been there myself. They actually encourage you to ‘eat whatever you want’ and not diet or even eat healthily, which is stupid. After a month or two your metabolism regulates and you can start maintaining or losing, depending on how you eat. It seems Romee has taken this quite literally and seems to believe that eating seven full sized meals a day won’t have any impact on her post-metabolic-repair body. Yikes :nervous:

this is why losing weight in a sustainable way is key. honestly, there’s no point in having your dream body if there’s a ticking clock attached to it. it’s fully possible to achieve romee’s body while having three, smaller but still nutritious and mentally satisfying meals a day, especially if you work out like her...

also, sure, her body looked great and was super thin and toned, but no where near emaciated. i have a hard time believing she was restricting below 1000 calories to maintain it. she truly lacks self control to have fallen off the wagon like that...

I completely agree, sure you can lose a butt ton of weight super fast by just restricting like that but at what cost? and for how long can that actually be sustained? not only does that screw with your body, hormones, metabolism, etc, but it also messes up your mental health and relationship with food. and that is what leads to the binges, which sometimes can be kept under control, but obviously that was not the case with her and honestly i don't even know at this point if it was even a matter of willpower but a matter of biology because of how long she was so far below her natural body in a (most likely) unhealthy and unsustainable way

omg guys haven’t checked this thread in a while but I have some super original thoughts to share:

Romee is so fat and bloated now! She must have been restricting super low and eating in an unhealthy way. Restricting that low really messes up your metabolism and health. She should have been smarter about weight loss. Belongs in takedowns imo :superpuke:

Aren’t u guys glad to have me around :’)

Is it possible that she did not mean physical health but mental health? I‘ve never followed her social media presence regularly, neither on Instagram or YouTube, so it‘s just a wild guess - you guys are surely better informed.
I‘ve never really been a fan of her (also because I am not interested in VS and it‘s marketing, I find almost all their angels very plain except Stella) so her weight gain doesn’t bother nor surprise me - VS is completely lost
Did you read the linked posts?

Most recent ...

Attachments

• 4747CDB2-30BF-4521-A736-E8E09B5E2D02.jpeg
    4747CDB2-30BF-4521-A736-E8E09B5E2D02.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 3097761C-1BB8-469A-8EF6-FF8BDD05D50A.jpeg
    3097761C-1BB8-469A-8EF6-FF8BDD05D50A.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 88
Anyone seen her newest vlog? There’s a Q&A part in there and one of the questions is “what’s the biggest challenge in eating healthy” and she admits is the portion control. Eating healthy isn’t a problem, but she has a “healthy appetite” and doesn’t really get full so she could easily eat “5 avocado toasts”. We can tell :)

avocado mayonnaise? girl no, just no :mclap:
View attachment 59004

found the nutrition info of what seems to be the most popular avocado (oil) based mayonnaise... unless she makes her own “healthy” version of it (oh hey @dolliez) she might be eating like 150/200 cals worth of it, judging by the astounding amount she has slathered on the wrap. i’m also assuming she eats more than one of them...

View attachment 59005

I understand wanting to label her gain as a choice because it makes it less disappointing, but I have a different theory. I don't think she actively tried to gain at all, I think she was restricting before to become/remain relevant. She became popular and simply stopped HAVING to restrict, so she stopped restricting which led to the obvious subsequent weight gain. Her followers don't need her to be thicker, they'd follow her regardless. She could still be super skinny, maintain/increase her popularity, and promote 'health' without actually eating everything she posts about, but she doesn't have to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.