Romee Strijd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple of pages on this thread really inspired me to forget the ice cream I currently have in my freezer. Even if it is low cal :slinkout:
it actually made we want to forget about avocados, acai bowls, almond butter and basically all the romee staples she seems to be eating without restriction or self control...

it actually made we want to forget about avocados, acai bowls, almond butter and basically all the romee staples she seems to be eating without restriction or self control...
I’m sorry for bumping this but I just wanted to say almond butter has scared me ever since Erin Heatherton said she’s addicted... we know where that got her:sorry:

She just looks so painfully average. Pretty sure most teens at summer camp look better. Also love how she's wearing the baggiest t shirt and she cropped her legs out in half the shots

She just looks so painfully average. Pretty sure most teens at summer camp look better. Also love how she's wearing the baggiest t shirt and she cropped her legs out in half the shots

Maybe that’s why she removed the photo....

Can we all agree to post IG screenshots instead of links in case the photos get removed?

Romee, it’s not puffiness, it’s fat...

Attachments

• 29390F91-1A83-4DB1-B4D5-689D3E09ADD8.png
    29390F91-1A83-4DB1-B4D5-689D3E09ADD8.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 55
I'll preface this by saying that I've never really been a fan of Romee's, neither as a model (her face, even at lower weights, is just kinda moon-like and shapeless, and none of her features are particularly striking...plus she has nonzero but still rather limited range in her work outside VS); nor as a 'public figure' (she seems pleasant enough, but vapid and rather bland?*). OTOH (like many/most here) have always appreciated Skinny Romee's body (minus the painfully-obviously fake boobs).

All of that said, I'm a little surprised (lol should I be? :run:) that there's been hardly any sympathy here for her evident health difficulties, as described by a VIP in some detail. Sure, it might not have been inevitable (she *could* have worked smarter? we'll never really know though); and she *definitely* didn't have to change course in the way she apparently did, but...working damn hard day in and day out for years (off-season gain totally reasonable and handled well until last VS show IMO) *is hard*--and I for one really have to acknowledge (respect) dedication up to a breaking point.

Yes, she is compensated handsomely for her work, and no, ofc she doesn't have to spew BS about being "healthier than ever" (maybe she is healthier than she was at her most malnourished, but this gain clearly hasn't been restorative to anything but her adipose stores). Just that the epitaph for Skinny Romee IMO should say that she *soldiered on bravely* until she faceplanted (...into a jumbo acai bowl or 12 servings of avocado toast or whatever the hell she posts on those stories I don't follow). She could have given up a lot earlier afaict. I'd venture to say that *most* people, in most walks of life, do, well before approaching the cost-benefit ratio that she did.

TL;DR I may be lukewarm on you/your work, Romee, but I salute the hard work you put in until you basically couldn't keep going the way you were going anymore. Thoroughly unimpressed right now, but I guess the body-pos crowd is, and that must count for something (literally, if we're talking Insta likes)....

*I guess that's par for the course for VS Angels, though. Not that there's a contract clause stipulating "no intellectual pretensions or edgelordy bullshit or genuinely intelligent personality", obviously, just that they choose ambassadors of the brand that are as vanilla as their target audience.

Post 1: Nuanced effort to sympathise with Romee's situation
Post 2: 'She’s not happy with this gain. I can feel it lol'

giphy.gif

Although... I'm not sure how many accolades I'm willing to hand Romee for self-inflicted health issues. It is perfectly possible to sustain her lowest BMI without developing lanugo. Either she is completely oblivious to nutrition, or she has some other condition / is not ~*NaTUralLy SkinNy*~, in which case, maybe don't become a model.

Although... I'm not sure how many accolades I'm willing to hand Romee for self-inflicted health issues. It is perfectly possible to sustain her lowest BMI without developing lanugo. Either she is completely oblivious to nutrition, or she has some other condition / is not ~*NaTUralLy SkinNy*~, in which case, maybe don't become a model.

Is it possible that she did not mean physical health but mental health? I‘ve never followed her social media presence regularly, neither on Instagram or YouTube, so it‘s just a wild guess - you guys are surely better informed.
I‘ve never really been a fan of her (also because I am not interested in VS and it‘s marketing, I find almost all their angels very plain except Stella) so her weight gain doesn’t bother nor surprise me - VS is completely lost

Post 1: Nuanced effort to sympathise with Romee's situation
Post 2: 'She’s not happy with this gain. I can feel it lol'

giphy.gif

Romee isn’t naturally skinny I think. Obviously not fat here, but considering her age in these photos you’d expect her to look thinner. Anyway, kind of understand she isn’t willing to put in the work to look like she did when she was skinny. She has already “made it”, so her job is quite secure. Does always annoy me a little when tall girls decide not to be skinny though lol. Especially Romee, since she used to look so good.

Attachments

• D84EA2A9-0972-441D-B0CB-A99512F6F10E.png
    D84EA2A9-0972-441D-B0CB-A99512F6F10E.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 6B84298B-901D-460A-B409-5185D1BA7BBB.jpeg
    6B84298B-901D-460A-B409-5185D1BA7BBB.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 69
  • F8120EF5-1111-4E4E-8F28-F4F838DE5F2E.jpeg
    F8120EF5-1111-4E4E-8F28-F4F838DE5F2E.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 74
  • F86C5E99-8A66-42A9-A461-CE68981455AE.jpeg
    F86C5E99-8A66-42A9-A461-CE68981455AE.jpeg