Romanticizing ED’s on TikTok

POV: Imagine making a (very self-centred) video of yourself on an already-problematic platform, complaining about a very articulate and intelligent group of people calling out the fact that you're a fake bitch, dismissing the few compliments that you did receive from said group of people, making every single thing on your social media about how you're "5'8 and 88 lbs" (great job, btw... super cool and totally a unique trait about you) and then trying to claim "bODy PoSiTiViTy" and weakly denying that your antics show nothing but an obsession with bragging about having a BMI below 13, and then hashtagging it with #bullying and #skinnyshaming when this group of people is (surprise, surprise) pro-skinny. OMG, you're a victim, we had no idea that being so desperate to the point of surrounding yourself with obese friends so you can look amazing next to them in photos could be so hard! I mean, seriously, it's not like we're just an online forum that by no means has an interest in associating with (or, as you put it, "#bullying") you personally... I honestly didn't know that someone could be so narcissistic and bored with their life that they'd see the point in making a nails-on-a-chalkboard TikTok video that no one cares about, just because they're butthurt about reading some of the opinions that the Internet has on them and thinks it's "omg so MEAN".

Tbqh, I hope Rylea is reading these posts in response to her video, because I'd like her to know that this forum's "meanness" isn't even half as mean as it can be... And, Rylea, if you want some of SGF's more ruthless and bitchy side to be directed at you so you can experience the full treatment, feel free to let us know by making another useless and annoying TikTok video about how the forum should be shut down because you hate that people are calling you out on your bullshit. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you. 😈

Reactions: 3 users
Does she Google herself obsessively or something? I highly doubt she managed to stumble across this thread on a relatively niche website on accident. Were you hoping to join the forums, sweet Rylea? If you can't handle this level of "roasting," which ma'am, this is us being incredibly nice and generous, you're clearly far too young, sensitive, and immature for the forum.

• Agree
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 14 users

"That was really good cheesy bread, thank you very much!!?!???!!!"
85e79920f3c9a0b3058ba1afa143ad2d.gif

Every response to comments made here sounds to be of the second-grade-esque "I know you are, but what am I?" variety. Her voice makes me want to put my phone through a shredder. Cheesy bread or not, there's something to be said for maintaining professionalism & composure, especially after you sign a contract.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
maybe we should fat shame her then :hahano:

This is honestly a hilarious concept, but given the fact that SGF already has a (false) reputation of being a pro-ana forum, I would suggest against it... the thought of how pathetic her reaction would be definitely brings about a good laugh, nonetheless. :lol:

I think I might be a bit of a sadist... :nervous:

• Useful
Reactions: 5 users
She's back!

... Is she illiterate? All the valid points discussed here are completely ignored or just misunderstood (or ''misunderstood'' because she knows we're right).
Also her explanation of googling herself to find pics of herself for her yearbook... What a load of bs - I had too google ''Rylea skinny'' to land SGF on the first page, and even then it first showed me ''that skinny girl🦋'''s IG. And now she's coming back to lurk :busted:

Hi Rylea! I'll take back what I said about you being cute. Your lack of both self-awareness and reading comprehension actually make you insufferable and your tiktoks are embarrassing. I'm not trying to be condescending, but consider re-thinking your presence online. This is not a pro ana site, but as I stated, I originally came across you, Rylea, on a ''pro ana scumbags'' thread on another image board, where people discuss (you guessed it!) pro-anas and wannarexics. Is that the imprint you're willing to leave on the internet for eternity for anyone to gawk at, with your own face plastered all over it? You'd think that the huge amount of criticism you've gotten would probably lead to some introspection, no?

• Agree
  • Gross
Rylea, we DID stop talking about you until you decided to dig up posts that are months old. Turn your phone off and go buy some cheesy bread if you can’t take gentle criticism :mclap: Maybe you’ll feel better once you’ve had your beloved cheesy bread!

• Funny
Reactions: 7 users

Not to revive this bitch but does anyone else get the feeling she’s using her fat “friends” to prop up her own self image? Every single video this girl is in is tagged “body positivity.”

It’s like she’s screaming into the void “I think fat people are great! Love me because I’m friends with fatties! Look at how body positive I am for having fat friends!!!”

• Agree

Not to revive this bitch but does anyone else get the feeling she’s using her fat “friends” to prop up her own self image? Every single video this girl is in is tagged “body positivity.”

It’s like she’s screaming into the void “I think fat people are great! Love me because I’m friends with fatties! Look at how body positive I am for having fat friends!!!”

Agreed. I've honestly always believed that it was to make herself look better in photos, since she's obviously so infatuated with drawing all eyes onto how skinny she is. I haven't seen her pose with a single friend who is even close to being as small as she is, and it makes me ultra-suspicious. Personally, I prefer to surround myself with friends who are just as skinny as I am and share the same pro-skinny, anti-HAES beliefs as me (thankfully, I have three best friends who are exactly that, and I am very grateful for having found these people, as they are few and far between), because it's motivating for me to be my best self whenever I'm around them.

I think it's fine to have some fat friends, but if all of your friends are fat, I think that at that point, it comes down to making a semi-conscious effort to make sure all your friends are significantly larger than you. Whether it's to help her body-positive claim or if it's out of pure vanity, I can't help but think that while you should always strive for standards, no friend of yours deserves to be used primarily for your own personal gain (speaking colloquially, of course). My own skinny friends are great motivation for me, and in that way, I guess you could say I use them for a personal gain of sorts, but their cherished personalities and the strong bond I have with them is greater to me than any "real-life thinspo" they may serve. As for this girl, I truly believe that while maybe she does like her fat friends' personalities, it's the personal gain that takes the wheel in this situation, and no matter which way you flip it, there's something about that that is just wrong. At least, in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
She’s a brat, so I have absolutely no qualms about telling it exactly how it is with this one. It’s Wilhelmina Denver, calling this girl a model is like calling Texas Roadhouse a fine dining establishment. She looks like Boost Mobile Megan Puleri.

• Jizztastic
  • Funny
Reactions: 17 users
"They're back!"

We didn't. . . Go anywhere. You sought us out. I'll give you the first time; maybe we did pop up, (although your excuse of "googling yourself for yearbook photos" is the dumbest, weakest lie I've heard in a while. You don't have Facebook? Instagram?) but at this point, you're actively looking and following the thread. No one is going out of their way to bully you - you're dumb and we laugh at you, but you're less than a blip on the radar. We make fun of your stupidity, then we forget about you in ten minutes.

See you in your next mind-numbing TikTok. Obligatory cheesey bread comment, since you seem to like that one.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
She’s a brat, so I have absolutely no qualms about telling it exactly how it is with this one. It’s Wilhelmina Denver, calling this girl a model is like calling Texas Roadhouse a fine dining establishment. She looks like Boost Mobile Megan Puleri.

So much this.

We didn't. . . Go anywhere. You sought us out. I'll give you the first time; maybe we did pop up, (although your excuse of "googling yourself for yearbook photos" is the dumbest, weakest lie I've heard in a while. You don't have Facebook? Instagram?) but at this point, you're actively looking and following the thread. No one is going out of their way to bully you - you're dumb and we laugh at you, but you're less than a blip on the radar. We make fun of your stupidity, then we forget about you in ten minutes.

OMFG didn't realize until now that the idiot quoted me in her latest episode of "Deep Thoughts From Cryleah's Daddy's Trailer".

Agree with @Fremdschämen, but dumb annoying little skanks like that are why bullying was invented. Like, I can't help that I'm a bully and bratty pieces of trash tRiGgEr me. So Cryleah is actually being super problematic by triggering and othering me.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
So Cryleah is actually being super problematic by triggering and othering me.
Your feelings are VaLiD, FT. Let me go cancel her on Twitter for being skinny and white.

Sometimes, bullying does build character, and if she wants to be a "model," she better suck it up and grow a thicker skin. What's she going to do when another girl makes fun of her appalling diet? Make another TikTok video?

• Funny
Not sure how well this fits here (as in ED content on the app), but I saw this when glancing at comments under a video on my FYP.
BDE79B4D-2B84-47EB-ACB0-94DCA401DF8C.jpeg

The podcast in question is Red Scare. Would be very interested to know who these folks are.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Not sure how well this fits here (as in ED content on the app), but I saw this when glancing at comments under a video on my FYP.
View attachment 100734
The podcast in question is Red Scare. Would be very interested to know who these folks are.

That last comment scares me... I firmly recall being the person who (with semi-seriousness) suggested that SGF host its own podcast, so I feel targeted. :nervous: This happened in the General Chat room, and to my knowledge, it's not open to the public... who in the hell is this spy?

That last comment scares me... I firmly recall being the person who (with semi-seriousness) suggested that SGF host its own podcast, so I feel targeted. :nervous: This happened in the General Chat room, and to my knowledge, it's not open to the public... who in the hell is this spy?
99% sure they were referencing this post, which is open to the public.

• Agree