Romanticizing ED’s on TikTok

Well I will never get the minutes I spent researching this back. But she's taken multiple videos weighing herself as "proof" (not scrolling further to see if she's ever verified her height though):

She looks as though she has very little muscle, I'd say she's definitely lower than 100 but not sure if I believe 88 lbs :cautious:
Honestly those could be easy to fake, still.

I don't care that much what her actual weight is though, the thing is the extent she takes it to is so bizarre. She just made a tiktok with only text something along the lines of "I'm a HS senior who weighs 88 pounds"???
She's constantly bringing it up herself (and then ofc cries bc gets skinny shamed). Why does she make her weight so public I can't fathom. The publicity ain't even good publicity for her.
I agree somewhat about her weight being suspect, but the girl is painfully young. She seems sweet and funny, I just hope for her sake she develops a personality outside of "I'm thin".

But she does look really fucking good.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Well I will never get the minutes I spent researching this back. But she's taken multiple videos weighing herself as "proof" (not scrolling further to see if she's ever verified her height though):

Her entire TikTok is centered around her weight. It's exhausting and I think I physically cringed.
Not sure if this is confirmation of her 5'8" height, but according to her IG and this tiktok video she was offered a contract by Wilhelmina (Denver...) over a video interview. That was taken in July, and I don't think she's done any single shoot which would explain why she isn't listed on the website.

I don't think she's done any single shoot which would explain why she isn't listed on the website.

Getting offered a contract and then immediately going to Little Caesars for stuffed cheesy bread may also have something to do with it. :eyeroll:

Also, I personally find her insufferable. Maybe I'm just old, but the speaking in all caps (fuck me, she is LOUD) and having no real personality outside of being "88 pounds" is embarrassing.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
tik tok thinspo
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: 5 users
Are we still using this thread for tik tok thinspo ‘cause if so
View attachment 89859
I don't think you should look to this for thinspo anyway since it looks like the vertical perspective's been messed with. Her legs look disproportionately long for her body at some parts and you can see her body gets stretched towards the bottom of the frame. I don't doubt the girl is thin, but the suspected editing (and the cringey dancing) makes it less impressive.

This video illustrates what I'm talking about:

• Agree
  • Useful
I don't think you should look to this for thinspo anyway since it looks like the vertical perspective's been messed with. Her legs look disproportionately long for her body at some parts and you can see her body gets stretched towards the bottom of the frame. I don't doubt the girl is thin, but the suspected editing (and the cringey dancing) makes it less impressive.

This video illustrates what I'm talking about:

Not to mention all the additional digital slimming/stretching apps that Tiktok influencers (especially East Asians in street fashion videos, but in no way exclusively) have been caught using.

I just never trust selfies and obvious body check vids for that reason. Way too easy to distort reality through angles or worse.

• Agree
Her entire TikTok is centered around her weight. It's exhausting and I think I physically cringed.
Not sure if this is confirmation of her 5'8" height, but according to her IG and this tiktok video she was offered a contract by Wilhelmina (Denver...) over a video interview. That was taken in July, and I don't think she's done any single shoot which would explain why she isn't listed on the website.

The update no one cares about, but that I’m going to share anyway :smash: obviously this chick is completely irrelevant but here are her official measurements if anyone was curious:

5’8
28-23-31

I kind of loathe her face, but damn, girl is narrow.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
ED culture on tiktok annoys me so much too! I definitely agree. People boast about starving themselves because they want validation and they want to shock everyone else into being concerned for how little they eat. Its great to be skinny but you shouldn't be promoting an unhealthy lifestyle to kids. There's plenty of other places to talk about weightloss, and if u wanna be proana just go to MPA *eye roll*

Tiktok annoys the hell out of me sometimes. Weigh-ins and calories don't belong on an app made for literal children...

The update no one cares about, but that I’m going to share anyway :smash: obviously this chick is completely irrelevant but here are her official measurements if anyone was curious:

5’8
28-23-31

I kind of loathe her face, but damn, girl is narrow.

Honestly if I only ever saw the pics/info the agency shared I'd think she's super cute, gamine-like, but her TikToks/personality really ruined it for me :nopity:

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 3 users
ED culture on tiktok annoys me so much too! I definitely agree. People boast about starving themselves because they want validation and they want to shock everyone else into being concerned for how little they eat. Its great to be skinny but you shouldn't be promoting an unhealthy lifestyle to kids. There's plenty of other places to talk about weightloss, and if u wanna be proana just go to MPA *eye roll*

Tiktok annoys the hell out of me sometimes. Weigh-ins and calories don't belong on an app made for literal children...
Exactly! It's very much attention seeking and when vulnerable people or children see that she got a modeling contract out of this they'll probably just copy...
Tiktok is not the place for proana shit, I'm just grateful for this website being proskinny without being proana.
And honestly I would say she has a great body and high modeling potential but the cringeworthy tiktok "thinspo" kills it completely :busted:

Disagree if you will, but she doesn’t look like a model to me even though she is very skinny. Her height is not overly impressive for modeling and maybe catalog work at best. Nothing high fashion and no runway.
Her bone structure is too small and narrow to model adult clothing which would be dangling off her like she is in daddy clothes.
She doesn’t have the broad shoulders to showcase clothes and neither does she have the height.
I only see her modeling kid or teen wear.
Her face looks like more like an actress than a model.
I have never seen her Tic Tok or have Tic Toc, so this is just surface judgement.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

1. girl the thread is not even about you......., 2. you literally have 10+ viral videos about being 88 lbs and “soOoOoo small,” an ig titled “that skinny girl 🦋,” and thousands of tiktokers talking about your body, so aren’t you the one using your larger platform to bully us? maybe come revisit this train of thought after you’ve gotten to college and taken logical fallacies 101 🥰

Last edited:
  • Jizztastic
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users

Oh dear god, shut the fuck up.

I haven't read the prior discourse about her because I can feel my brain curdling at even the concept of TikTok, but from this video she seems painfully ungraceful, to have the most insufferably grating voice, and to be extraordinarily deluded by the indiscriminatingly 'stanning' comments which pervade social media like TikTok or Twitter.

"Oh no they are commenting on my body, the only iota of personality I have projected into the world for public consumption, and let me emphasize they are charitably calling me cute which is... offensive to me... yes..."

Honey, you are literally "some girl" who happens to be skinny, but with none of the graces or accoutrements that make that attractive or even interesting. From what I gather, I believe you are being used as an example to illustrate the stupidity of a platform—we discuss actually relevant people here.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users