Rhythmic gymnasts

Interesting how puberty changes this girls:

Yana Kudryavtseva :
tumblr_mj3j7nDPoD1r9ly0so1_500.jpg

3145849312_1_6_a2cJ5V2y.jpg

d9c287fdc77e.jpg

Yana who had a flawless, perfect perfomance with the ball back in 2013, aged 16,
poetry in motion. every move is worth a gif,

just 3 years her body looked 'bigger',

Gymnastics+Rhythmic+Olympics+Day+15+uqjRawvzxIRl.jpg

nzFfTxYt.jpg

you have to wonder why Russia supports and protects systematic doping when their most successful olympic athletics, who are likely free from doping, show that you can really come far with discipline, training, will and total focus on the sport. :smash:

My friend was a pretty successful rhythmic gymnast in Russia. She said she would eat very little and that her mom would make her run until she vomited or passed out to stay thin. A bit of an extreme lifestyle for a child, but I have major respect for their dedication to their craft.

• Gross
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Weird and horrible
and kind of stupid. If you eat little, you wouldn't be able to do this kind of sport.

Weird and horrible
and kind of stupid. If you eat little, you wouldn't be able to do this kind of sport.
I don't know the details of how much she ate.. I just know that her mom is pretty crazy. I've never done rhythmic gymnastics myself (just artistic gymnastics and all star cheer), so I'm not sure how much restriction they can get away with. I would be interested in seeing what other rhythmic gymnasts eat on a day-to-day basis.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they eat quite more than someone would think.
In pictures they don't look super skinny actually, but in motion they move like fairies.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
My friend was a pretty successful rhythmic gymnast in Russia. She said she would eat very little and that her mom would make her run until she vomited or passed out to stay thin. A bit of an extreme lifestyle for a child, but I have major respect for their dedication to their craft.
lol wtf is wrong with you

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Making your kid be captain of the track field, achieve top grades and completely limit their social life would be a bit of an extreme lifestyle for a child. Starving and working them to exhaustion is called physical abuse. :meh:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
lol wtf is wrong with you
lmaoo I did word that wrong, reading it back. It is fucked up to not give your child proper nutrition and I apologize that I said it that way. I just meant that I have major respect for rhythmic gymnasts because of the way they dedicate their entire life to the sport and aesthetic. I know that's not what I said in the post.. It's from a year ago and I don't know why I said it like that. I swear I don't support child abuse yikes

Rhythmic gymnastics is, on a scale in between ballet and artistic gymnastics, more on the ballet side of things (though it is COMPLETELY different from ballet). Rhythmic gymnasts are concerned with some of the same things that dancers are concerned with-flexibility, leaps/jumps, turns, relevé, etc, which helps to give some of them the super skinny figure. Of course, they're not as concerned with weight as professional ballerinas, so that's why some are bigger. Rhythmic gymnasts do stretch just as much, if not more, than ballerinas (you see rhythmic gymnasts executing "over split" leaps all the time, while it's not a thing in ballet-the merits of these oversplit leaps aesthetically are beside the point). Left, right, and middle oversplits with front foot propped a foot off the ground at the very least are pretty standard in the sport. Rhythmic gymnasts don't usually tumble-you'll get no handsprings or front tucks from a rhythmic gymnast-but they do have to deal with all the complexities of the apparatus, and sometimes executing walkovers and rolls and more acrobatic moves with the apparatus as well, or moving the apparatus across their bodies in unimaginable ways/performing tosses.

Anyway post got a bit ramble-y, but gymnasts do tend to have the same lean muscle as dancers because of the nature of the sport, even if it's more focused on execution than artistic value (it is, after all, a sport judged by judges who allocate points, so if a move is worth more points but less pretty, gymnasts are probably still going to be drawn to the move for the points).

Yeah, that's all for now ;D I'm a former rhythmic gymnast haha, so feel free to ask me stuff

• Useful
Rhythmic gymnastics is, on a scale in between ballet and artistic gymnastics, more on the ballet side of things (though it is COMPLETELY different from ballet). Rhythmic gymnasts are concerned with some of the same things that dancers are concerned with-flexibility, leaps/jumps, turns, relevé, etc, which helps to give some of them the super skinny figure. Of course, they're not as concerned with weight as professional ballerinas, so that's why some are bigger. Rhythmic gymnasts do stretch just as much, if not more, than ballerinas (you see rhythmic gymnasts executing "over split" leaps all the time, while it's not a thing in ballet-the merits of these oversplit leaps aesthetically are beside the point). Left, right, and middle oversplits with front foot propped a foot off the ground at the very least are pretty standard in the sport. Rhythmic gymnasts don't usually tumble-you'll get no handsprings or front tucks from a rhythmic gymnast-but they do have to deal with all the complexities of the apparatus, and sometimes executing walkovers and rolls and more acrobatic moves with the apparatus as well, or moving the apparatus across their bodies in unimaginable ways/performing tosses.

Anyway post got a bit ramble-y, but gymnasts do tend to have the same lean muscle as dancers because of the nature of the sport, even if it's more focused on execution than artistic value (it is, after all, a sport judged by judges who allocate points, so if a move is worth more points but less pretty, gymnasts are probably still going to be drawn to the move for the points).

Yeah, that's all for now ;D I'm a former rhythmic gymnast haha, so feel free to ask me stuff
Ooooh, a casual AMA I love these!

What did your day-to-day look like in terms of diet and exercise?

Ooooh, a casual AMA I love these!

What did your day-to-day look like in terms of diet and exercise?

Diet-oh god I was atrocious at this, but usually 1200 cal or less (I sometimes let myself eat a little more on days I had practice so I wouldn't fall over in the middle), and I tried to be good about eating healthy though I messed up a lot (plus my parents got really annoying when I didn't eat as much, and most stuff in our house is stir fried because Asian :/)

Exercise-on days that I had practice, it was just practice because I didn't want to be too tired (and I was always SUPER sore after)! On days I didn't have practice, I stretched at least 5-10 minutes without fail and also sat and pointed my toes for 15 minutes. Also various exercises (calf raises, toe-sits, "scorpions", V-ups/sit-ups). I did more intense work outs that incorporated things like squats and jumping jacks 2 times a week (40-60 minutes each).

I know it's not a lot, but I was by no means an Olympic-level gymnast and school was always my top priority! Plus I had various volunteering things/a job to keep up with and sometimes I would be too exhausted to do homework, let alone exercise, after them :D

I hope this helps in some way, shape, or form!

• Useful
Diet-oh god I was atrocious at this, but usually 1200 cal or less (I sometimes let myself eat a little more on days I had practice so I wouldn't fall over in the middle), and I tried to be good about eating healthy though I messed up a lot (plus my parents got really annoying when I didn't eat as much, and most stuff in our house is stir fried because Asian :/)

Exercise-on days that I had practice, it was just practice because I didn't want to be too tired (and I was always SUPER sore after)! On days I didn't have practice, I stretched at least 5-10 minutes without fail and also sat and pointed my toes for 15 minutes. Also various exercises (calf raises, toe-sits, "scorpions", V-ups/sit-ups). I did more intense work outs that incorporated things like squats and jumping jacks 2 times a week (40-60 minutes each).

I know it's not a lot, but I was by no means an Olympic-level gymnast and school was always my top priority! Plus I had various volunteering things/a job to keep up with and sometimes I would be too exhausted to do homework, let alone exercise, after them :D

I hope this helps in some way, shape, or form!
Thank you! So you clocked in around 1200, but was that made up of? Ans how long did you do rhythmic gymnastics?

Thank you! So you clocked in around 1200, but was that made up of? Ans how long did you do rhythmic gymnastics?
Hard boiled egg+Carbs in the morning (and only in the morning usually, plus the healthiest that could get), fruit for snack, usually a small "treat" sort of thing for snack in the afternoon (something not so good like a granola bar, just to keep me from craving sugar constantly), lunch+dinner some sort of usually stir fried veggie+meat/fish (because Asian family and parents wont make stuff any other way usually, which is super annoying). I had to guesstimate for stir fry stuff but I tried to deliberately over estimate

And I did RG from elementary school through my senior year of high school!

• Useful
Bumping this thread because I recently discovered Natasha Poliakova and she has such a lovely figure (and is an incredibly talented gymnast) :luv:
91BE237E-17A4-4E46-9255-AA53DBC2DFCE.jpeg
25AD3646-49E0-4F2F-8ED7-17CFAC7A257D.jpeg

13938724-60E9-46FF-B144-131C179C3A54.jpeg
EC0CA2E7-96FA-4B4C-96DD-664BFD949714.jpeg
77CEC744-C0C2-40FF-9C84-9F734EBBCF0E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users