Report: Millions Of Courageous Americans Overcoming Media Pressure To Be Thin

most Americans were courageously becoming heavier and significantly more sedentary in proud defiance of the media messages that are broadcast at them throughout the day.

I can't believe this, now they are BRAVE to be fat?

Let's please not give them another excuse to stuff their faces :rolleyes:

:lol:
“It appears that no matter how much the media glamorizes moving around, eating only three meals a day, or just generally treating one’s body with respect and concern for one’s future well-being, most Americans staunchly refuse to let these messages affect them. The fortitude and strength it must take to do this is truly inspiring.”

Omg i feel so, so, so, so incredibly stupid!
I didn't even realize this article was sarcastic! Oh Jesus Lord I'm the dumbest woman alive!
Is there a way to erase my answer on this thread? I must have sounded so stupid!!

I didn't even realize this article was sarcastic! Oh Jesus Lord I'm the dumbest woman alive!
Is there a way to erase my answer on this thread? I must have sounded so stupid!!

Haha Lolita, it's okay!! The Onion does a great job at the tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, to the point where you're not sure if it is a downright joke, or kind of true...

Knowing that this is the attitude of many americans probably didn't help! ;)

The fact is that this could be a real article. I wouldn't be surprized. It isn't, but this line of thinking is what this society has come to sadly.

Haha I saw this the other day and couldn't stop laughing.
I posted this on facebook and let's just say my friends didn't find it as funny as I did...