Reddit Fatlogic

bisou

Super Star
May 27, 2012
East Coast
http://www.reddit.com/r/fatlogic/

"Fatlogic" gets called out. "This is Thin Privilege" is also featured often.

It all serves as a very refreshing dose of sanity. ;)

Some of the top posts:

nrT5qhI.jpg

saB8tfp.jpg

cBmZ2bw.jpg

I'm definitely a r/fatlogic lurker... :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who gets genuinely upset about this? I mean, how the hell do they think that it's ok to mess with people's lives like that just because of their own insecurities?! What if a diabetic girl walks in and asks for no sugar, they're gonna make her sick just because she's skinny? And what about model who's job it is to stay a certain size, where 1 cm can be the difference between job or no job?

I mean, some people rely on having a Starbucks regularly and they should not be scared of losing their health or jobs just because of some chubby, ignorant teenager who wants revenge on all skinny, pretty girls!!

It's their fucking job to give us what we order for gods sake!!

Reactions: 2 users
Am I the only one who gets genuinely upset about this? I mean, how the hell do they think that it's ok to mess with people's lives like that just because of their own insecurities?! What if a diabetic girl walks in and asks for no sugar, they're gonna make her sick just because she's skinny? And what about model who's job it is to stay a certain size, where 1 cm can be the difference between job or no job?

I mean, some people rely on having a Starbucks regularly and they should not be scared of losing their health or jobs just because of some chubby, ignorant teenager who wants revenge on all skinny, pretty girls!!

No, it's not just you! When I saw that, I cringed. They don't know why someone may be asking for no sugar/low fat, and, honestly, it's not their fucking place to mess with someone's order just because they're a "skinny, pretty bitch." When I ask for nonfat milk, no whip, no sugar, that's what I want! If I'm paying for it, I can be as obnoxious about it as possible; it's still a dick move to add tons of sugar and whole fat milk just because I'm thin.

This is honestly why I just go through the drive through, even if I want to sit inside- you can't tell if someone is skinny just from their voice. And it'd be a real kick in the teeth to know you added all this extra garbage to some morbidly obese lady's drink when she's trying to lose weight. :p

Reactions: 1 user
I know that Starbucks employees hate my orders (six shot venti americano misto with nonfat half milk - less milk than a typical misto, or a four shot nonfat bone dry cappuccino) so I only get them at the Starbucks my friend (who is the chicest guy I know he's gorgeous we go out for dinner and split a salad with every topping on the side) works at because he knows how I like my coffee.

Anywhere else it's just black coffee.

Reactions: 1 users
This makes me so sad! :( it was posted on reddit. I know it happens but when you love someone you rather wish that person happiness elsewhere than be miserable by your side.

avy3umes.jpg

Enviado desde mi C5303 mediante Tapatalk

This makes me so sad! :( it was posted on reddit. I know it happens but when you love someone you rather wish that person happiness elsewhere than be miserable by your side.

avy3umes.jpg

If I am with someone who is not trying to improve himself in some way, he's the wrong guy for me, because I am constantly trying to change. I meet goals and set new ones. So this woman's problem is that she is really with the wrong. type. of. person. He is a goal-setter and she is a relaxer. My ex was a relaxer, it just doesn't work.

If I am with someone who is not trying to improve himself in some way, he's the wrong guy for me, because I am constantly trying to change. I meet goals and set new ones. So this woman's problem is that she is really with the wrong. type. of. person. He is a goal-setter and she is a relaxer. My ex was a relaxer, it just doesn't work.

I can totally get it, it is always my problem with some guys and I grow really impatient and kinda disappointed. I just cannot grasp why would somebody just settle and chill with whatever life gives him/her and not actively pursue what they want. Well, still, if he wanted to really accomplish it he could... either way, she's really selfish. :nopity:

This makes me sad too. I don't really hate the author, I just feel sympathy. Unless she's being really sneaky and pouring cream into his skim milk, he's a grown man and can make his own choices.

I do hate "fat logic" and the self-victimization that usually accompanies being overweight, but I always feel sorry for these people. I cannot fathom how it must feel to have so little self worth, to try to lose weight again and again only to fail. None of us would ever let ourselves get to the point of being obese, but I seriously can't imagine trying to bounce back from that. I understand how easy it must be for these people to throw their hands up and say "Why bother." I hope this chick gets her shit together, and I hope her boyfriend exercises some autonomy over his own eating situation.

This makes me sad too. I don't really hate the author, I just feel sympathy. Unless she's being really sneaky and pouring cream into his skim milk, he's a grown man and can make his own choices.

I do hate "fat logic" and the self-victimization that usually accompanies being overweight, but I always feel sorry for these people. I cannot fathom how it must feel to have so little self worth, to try to lose weight again and again only to fail. None of us would ever let ourselves get to the point of being obese, but I seriously can't imagine trying to bounce back from that. I understand how easy it must be for these people to throw their hands up and say "Why bother." I hope this chick gets her shit together, and I hope her boyfriend exercises some autonomy over his own eating situation.

I totally agree. It must be horrible to have this low self steem, trying to pull down your own partner... Instead of using it as an opportunity to grow together. How is it called? Bucket of crabs mentality? But yeah he should grow a pair and try harder, really.

I can totally get it, it is always my problem with some guys and I grow really impatient and kinda disappointed. I just cannot grasp why would somebody just settle and chill with whatever life gives him/her and not actively pursue what they want. Well, still, if he wanted to really accomplish it he could... either way, she's really selfish. :nopity:

Totally agree! What she is doing is horrible. I'm just thinking in fundamental terms about the relationship. I hope they both find peace.

avy3umes.jpg

This is so upsetting. Like WTF??? I am constantly encouraging my husband to eat better/workout/stop drinking pop/take care of himself because I generally care for him and want him to be around for A LONG TIME. He is the father of my future children.. I don't want my children to have a SICK father. This girl is just delusional and I have no empathy for her.

I fucking hate this. I always watch them like a hawk. If my drink doesn't taste 'bad' (I can taste the aspartame), I don't drink it.

Once a girl tried to sneak cream into my coffee instead of milk. I got so angry. Like BITCH just because you are fat and frumpy doesn't mean I want to be too.

I fucking hate this. I always watch them like a hawk. If my drink doesn't taste 'bad' (I can taste the aspartame), I don't drink it.

Once a girl tried to sneak cream into my coffee instead of milk. I got so angry. Like BITCH just because you are fat and frumpy doesn't mean I want to be too.

Ugh, the nerve of some people... :mad:

By the way, how do you taste aspartame? Have you always been able to? I should learn that, it would certainly be very useful.

Ugh, the nerve of some people... :mad:

By the way, how do you taste aspartame? Have you always been able to? I should learn that, it would certainly be very useful.

Yeah I've always been able to, but my bf can't :confused:. It leaves this yucky bitter aftertaste so I'm generally not a fan of "diet" products. Because of this, I get to "check" that restaurants give us diet coke when we go out to eat.