Quarantine & Friends: Netflix Party

Nerfertiti

Super Star
Nov 28, 2019
UK
For those of those on lockdown, @Tinyportia has made the brilliant suggestion of Netflix Party. I would like people to suggest a show on Netflix for us to watch the 1st episode of. Alternatively you can suggest a movie.

Whoever gets the most likes will go first and second will go second; so forth.

I’m also open to time suggestions, please include timezone.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For those of those on lockdown, @Tinyportia has made the brilliant suggestion of Netflix Party. I would like people to suggest a show on Netflix for us to watch the 1st episode of. Alternatively you can suggest a movie.

Whoever gets the most likes will go first and second will go second; so forth.

I’m also open to time suggestions, please include timezone.
I think this is an awesome idea! I’ve used Netflix Party before and as far as I can remember you didn’t have to provide any personal info (eg. email or phone number) to join, whoever sets up the “party” can just send you a link, so I think an SGF Netflix Party could definitely work if everyone is keen on it. I’m fine with most times and can accomodate to everyone’s needs, just preferably not during my school hours (8am-4pm Aus time) :flower:

I really like the concept of this as a way to remain connected with friends during quarantine, and love the idea of connecting in a *different* online setting with you girls! If the general consensus is to go ahead with this, I nominate the TV show Baby (which also has some decently skinny actresses)

Reactions: 1 users
I think this is an awesome idea! I’ve used Netflix Party before and as far as I can remember you didn’t have to provide any personal info (eg. email or phone number) to join, whoever sets up the “party” can just send you a link, so I think an SGF Netflix Party could definitely work if everyone is keen on it. I’m fine with most times and can accomodate to everyone’s needs, just preferably not during my school hours (8am-4pm Aus time) :flower:

I really like the concept of this as a way to remain connected with friends during quarantine, and love the idea of connecting in a *different* online setting with you girls! If the general consensus is to go ahead with this, I nominate the TV show Baby (which also has some decently skinny actresses)

I’m so glad you’re onboard!! Maybe we can do live posts on this thread on things we think/suspect/feel? Or a chat, but that seems more convoluted.

My first nomination is Self-Made.

Self Made tells "the untold and highly irreverent story of black hair care pioneer and mogul Madam C. J. Walker and how she overcame hostile turn-of-the-century America, epic rivalries, tumultuous marriages and some trifling family to become America’s first black, self-made female millionaire."

TBQH, my suggestion of a SGF Netflix Party was hypothetical LOL. But now that you’ve raised it as a genuine idea, I would consider participating. I’d probably prefer a show that we could do as a Takedown though. Like a documentary about fatties or chubby wanna-be models.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
What about Dumplin'? Annoying movie, but it's an easy takedown. There's your standard PLL or Gossip Gir. We could even watch Stranger things for the thinspo

Reactions: 2 users
IDK if there's a way to stay anonymous on Netflix party, but I'd try to sync up a movie with you guys, or watch and discuss book club style.

I keep getting told to watch Tiger King for the insanity.

Reactions: 4 users
Okay, yes. I started it the other night & the way everything spirals makes it so magnetic. Plus, the cast of characters is… quite colorful, to say the very least. Seconding (or thirding?).

Reactions: 1 user
IDK if there's a way to stay anonymous on Netflix party, but I'd try to sync up a movie with you guys, or watch and discuss book club style.

Yes, I’m pretty sure we could do this anonymously. Whoever hosts it would just have to post the link to the party room in here, and we could all join anonymously if I’m not mistaken :flower:

Does it show your email address to other users? I would change my name to something random just in case, but am worried my email might appear on screen somehow. Note- I virtually never use Netflix so I don't really know how it works.

Does it show your email address to other users? I would change my name to something random just in case, but am worried my email might appear on screen somehow. Note- I virtually never use Netflix so I don't really know how it works.
I’m 99% sure it doesn’t - will trial it tonight with friends and let you know for sure though

Reactions: 3 users
I’m 99% sure it doesn’t - will trial it tonight with friends and let you know for sure though
Sorry this reply is so late - I trialled it with a friend tonight and can now confirm that no emails show up. I’d love to have a SGF Netflix Party if you’re all keen!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody attempted to use Netflix party and it hasn’t worked for them?? I’ve been trying to use it with my friends but every time no one can get it to work! I’ve looked up the issue only to find no answers — I’m thinking it could just be from a lot of people using the extension at once? If anyone has a solution that would be amazing because I am starting to lose it in quarantine :shy:

Sorry this reply is so late - I trialled it with a friend tonight and can now confirm that no emails show up. I’d love to have a SGF Netflix Party if you’re all keen!
I would love to as well!! How will we go about organizing a good time and day and movie to watch for all of us? Is there a way of setting up a poll?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
This sounds amazing!

With my friends on a discord server when we organise similar watch parties we have two time slots planned - one more USA friendly and one more Europe friendly. (So like, both 9 pm-ish on a Friday or Saturday) That way, people can choose which one suits their schedules best.

Reactions: 1 users