Pyper America

sabine

VIP - Insider
VIP
May 24, 2012
London
Her and her brother are EVERYWHERE at the moment. What's the deal? I can definitely see her being a girl that really appeals to the teen tumblr generation, but I think her look is much more commercial, so the amount of high fashion attention she's attracting seems disproportionate to what I would expect.

5'10"
31-23-35

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I find her eyes really interesting, maybe it's that they're kind of wide apart? I like her look, especially the close-ups, she reminds me a little bit of Dakota Fanning.

She looks like an almost skinny amalgamation of Sky Ferreira and Taylor Momsen. Not a fan of that tumblr neo grunge look.

Also LOL at that name. Really, girl, that's what you went with? It doesn't happen often but every once in a while I can't take people seriously with their names.

Also LOL at that name. Really, girl, that's what you went with? It doesn't happen often but every once in a while I can't take people seriously with their names.
Haha it's actually more to do with what her parents went with.. Pyper America Smith. Her brother's Lucky Blue Smith, and her sisters are Starlie Cheyenne Smith and Daisy Clementine Smith.

untitled-article-1429031129-body-image-1429031596.png

Lucky-Blue-Smith-For-Trendi-Magazine-By-Dani-Brubaker-21.jpg

Last edited:
Haha it's actually more to do with what her parents went with.. Pyper America Smith. Her brother's Lucky Blue Smith, and her sisters are Starlie Cheyenne Smith and Daisy Clementine Smith.

Yeah I saw that when I googled but still just go with Pyper Smith. It doesn't sound half as ridiculous. Her brother though, he got the short end of the naming stick, no combination of that will sound any less stupid.

you-re-my-boy-blue-o.gif

Reactions: 1 user
That is all genuinely their name except for Starlie, who isn't much of a model because she's 5'5" or so, she changed her name when she was eighteen. They honestly lived in the fifties about five years back, and for as long as I've known them they've always been eccentric. When we were fourteen, we would go to parties and they'd dress like a rockabilly and wear huge faux fur coats. And not many fourteen year olds have their own set of style so extreme. It's completely from their mother, she modeled when younger too. I swear the entire family was made for show business, and they have a band too. AND they're Mormon, still to this day. The girls all wanted to go on a Mormon mission but they hit it big time and realized it'd be stupid too waste that opportunity.

They're all insanely sweet and humble. He completely pays for his entire family though when they moved to LA. He covers apartment, food, clothes, etc., because the girls don't make nearly enough and his parents quit working so they could move there.

Pyper is much more high fashion than the other girls, and Next told her to bleach her eyebrows to make her look more so. Like @sabine mentioned, she was much more commercial with the dark eyebrows. I mean it's nothing new, they did that with Karen Elson 18 years ago and everyone is doing it today. She's got an insane body. You often see models who were so scrawny when they were little (the whole "I was bullied" bull shit), but I swear her body has not changed since she was 12. She's always had the perfect amount of muscle versus fat. But she's 18 and has genetics on her side as well. She's only going to get more work and exposure, but it's guaranteed that it's because of Lucky.

Whatever these parents smoke, I want it!

I think she's stunning in an alt way. I agree though that the pink hair needs to go. It looks even more cheap and silly on the runway:

I like the shape of her nose! I think it makes her face more memorable than it would be otherwise. Nice body but nothing shouts HF to me, I don't find her hugely striking.
PS When will people learn that pink is not a hair colour?!

That is all genuinely their name except for Starlie, who isn't much of a model because she's 5'5" or so, she changed her name when she was eighteen. They honestly lived in the fifties about five years back, and for as long as I've known them they've always been eccentric. When we were fourteen, we would go to parties and they'd dress like a rockabilly and wear huge faux fur coats. And not many fourteen year olds have their own set of style so extreme. It's completely from their mother, she modeled when younger too. I swear the entire family was made for show business, and they have a band too. AND they're Mormon, still to this day. The girls all wanted to go on a Mormon mission but they hit it big time and realized it'd be stupid too waste that opportunity.

They're all insanely sweet and humble. He completely pays for his entire family though when they moved to LA. He covers apartment, food, clothes, etc., because the girls don't make nearly enough and his parents quit working so they could move there.

Pyper is much more high fashion than the other girls, and Next told her to bleach her eyebrows to make her look more so. Like @sabine mentioned, she was much more commercial with the dark eyebrows. I mean it's nothing new, they did that with Karen Elson 18 years ago and everyone is doing it today. She's got an insane body. You often see models who were so scrawny when they were little (the whole "I was bullied" bull shit), but I swear her body has not changed since she was 12. She's always had the perfect amount of muscle versus fat. But she's 18 and has genetics on her side as well. She's only going to get more work and exposure, but it's guaranteed that it's because of Lucky.

Haha I got to Mormons and was like...wow, that explains pretty much everything. They are super sweet people, but it's also a cult (actually most people I know in a cult are super nice people- we have a couple small ones in the town I live in. They're mostly live in co-ops and will always help anyone out no matter what.)

Not that all practicing Mormons live in a cult culture, but it sounds like this family does. Personally I love Pyper and Lucky Blue. They do instagram right and seem very genuine (and ridiculously attractive)

Haha I got to Mormons and was like...wow, that explains pretty much everything. They are super sweet people, but it's also a cult (actually most people I know in a cult are super nice people- we have a couple small ones in the town I live in. They're mostly live in co-ops and will always help anyone out no matter what.)

Not that all practicing Mormons live in a cult culture, but it sounds like this family does. Personally I love Pyper and Lucky Blue. They do instagram right and seem very genuine (and ridiculously attractive)
It is not a cult at all, but extremely misunderstood. Try to understand and research quality material before you make assumptions. I've never met a single Mormon in my life that lives in a cult culture, And I was raised in Utah.

It is not a cult at all, but extremely misunderstood. Try to understand and research quality material before you make assumptions.

I agree it's not a cult but they believe some batshit crazy stuff. But that applies to most religions.

Reactions: 4 users
When most people think of Mormonism they're thinking of FLDS... Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints is a group that practices polygamy and child marriage and was really in the spotlight and in the media after a massive raid a few years back, and is definitely a cult. The Mormon Church however has officially denounced them for years and is pretty much horrified at them and everything they do. I think that is where the confusion comes from. Mainstream Mormons are just your average Christians, except they think God left someone some golden plates in New Haven, Connecticut and that they're getting their own planets eventually. No polygamy or child rape or any of that culty shit involved.

Reactions: 4 users
I was raised Mormon and my family is still Mormon to this day. Some are a little strange but nothing out of the ordinary, especially for anyone religious. @IcedAmericano has the basic idea down of the differences. Mormonism has never been a cult, but the one branch, FLDS, is certainly one. If anyone remembers the Warren Jeffs issue, he was the head of the FLDS.

Mormons don't participate or partake in alcohol, drugs, coffee, or too much red meat. It's actually rather healthy, and they also fast once a month for an entire day. It took me years and years to realize that it's actually a truly fascinating religion.

The culture in Utah is a little wack. Everyone lives in a bubble and are all extremely happy and also good looking, but some people can't take that.

I was raised Mormon and my family is still Mormon to this day. Some are a little strange but nothing out of the ordinary, especially for anyone religious. @IcedAmericano has the basic idea down of the differences. Mormonism has never been a cult, but the one branch, FLDS, is certainly one. If anyone remembers the Warren Jeffs issue, he was the head of the FLDS.

Mormons don't participate or partake in alcohol, drugs, coffee, or too much red meat. It's actually rather healthy, and they also fast once a month for an entire day. It took me years and years to realize that it's actually a truly fascinating religion.

The culture in Utah is a little wack. Everyone lives in a bubble and are all extremely happy and also good looking, but some people can't take that.

Sorry to keep this thread off topic but in your experience, is BYU more Mormon or FLDS? A girl from my high school went there and it seems very strict.