Prom dresses!

I'm a senior so I'm also interested in seeing prom dresses! I have one of mine from last year but unfortunately in the picture it's on me and i was kind of fat :( It was a beautiful dress though!

I'm in my last year of high school and we have a graduation dinner, which I'm contemplating whether to attend or not, because my school functions suck majorly. I would love to see what any of you girls wore. I have yet to get my dress and maybe I will share a picture afterwards. It's more homecoming/semi-formal dress in mood (people just go clubbing in the same outfit after) and all I know so far is...
1. No strapless dress, overdone in shops here and I've resorted to it so often.
2. Not black (I have too many black dresses).
3. Possibly a dark colour, but I also feel like going for a white dress, for a total change. I would stay faaaaar away from the drinks/food though, because I'm shamefully clumsy.
4. I sort of want to try a full-length dress, something I've never done, however it's pretty inconvenient so probably not.

I had my 'prom' last year - bought a beautiful dress and matching shoes, it was white/lilac with some sort of ombre style, long and an empire cut, the bust decorated as a flower - but I didn't attend my 'prom'. I had no date for the evening and had some strange guy as dancing-partner...so my motivation was really low.

As for dresses, I don't know how much you want to spend - but I love the ones from Lipsy or Forever Unique. Last one has some beautiful and kind of extraordinary ones! :luv: I wish I had more opportunities to wear those kind of dresses!

:cry:Pretty desperate bump: I can't find an affordable maxi dress small enough in the UK. My budget is fairly limited because this end of year 'social' is not as big as the one next year but it's still nice to make an impression. The problem is, I want a figure-flattering dress and the ones I looked at are very obviously using vanity sizing :hyper:

..oh and any dresses approved by you girls are obviously going to be stunning :luv:

:cry:Pretty desperate bump: I can't find an affordable maxi dress small enough in the UK. My budget is fairly limited because this end of year 'social' is not as big as the one next year but it's still nice to make an impression. The problem is, I want a figure-flattering dress and the ones I looked at are very obviously using vanity sizing :hyper:

..oh and any dresses approved by you girls are obviously going to be stunning :luv:

Asos? Also when choosing the style consider that some silhouettes are easier to get taken in than others so that won't be very expensive

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Try ASOS size 2. The one dress I ordered was pretty rib-breaking (22 inch? can't remember).

If it's still too big you can always try to get it taken in, but it's a good starting point. Check sales/clearance. Prices are decent.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I wasn't sure if this merited its own thread, but here goes—I'm planning on wearing a tux to prom. Any brand recommendations?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I wasn't sure if this merited its own thread, but here goes—I'm planning on wearing a tux to prom. Any brand recommendations?
RW&co doesn't have stores in the US but they DO ship there. They have several cheap suits and for christmas they had amazing tuxes and bowties for women! They also have very small & petite sizes available :)

EDIT: The tux is no longer available but they have a nice black blazer & black dress pants.

I would like to make a suggestion. Do not waste lots of money on a dress that you will only wear once. Trust me, it's like totally not worth it. I've had friends that told me they had spent like major $$ and now, obviously regret it.
Put that money into an investment designer piece in the long term :)

Either get a dress that you can wear at other events, less typical "prom" style, but still super chic. (Bonus points for going the non cookie cutter route)
OR if you really want that more glitzy "prom" style dress - see if any of the girls who graduated the year before are selling theirs. Mostly likely they will because it takes up to much space, and they have only wore it once so it's basically like new. You can get it way cheaper, and help out another person at the same time.

:flower:

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Brooks Brothers sell Women's tuxedos - I have one from there, but it's $$$ and tailoring is required for skinnies, unless you magically find a 00. I also have a jacket from Juicy Couture (Don't judge me. It's not fucking glitter sweat pants.), which was less expensive and didn't need tailoring. I saw a white one recently from Alice and Olivia at Saks. Not sure it it's still around, but it was cute.

I got both this year's and last year's dresses from Revolve. They really have dresses for all budgets, and a huge selection. Last year's red dress was a UK brand called Solace London, they also have some great stuff on their website. And don't worry-trying to loose some before prom :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users