Project Runway

AnastasiaB

Rookie
So is anyone watching the 10th season? I was appalled at Anya Ayoung-Chee's win from Season 9. I just felt like she was a light-weight in terms of her skill level and the judges gave her much more leeway than they should have.

I swore off watching it again but got sucked in with the All-Stars. I watched a few old ones and it makes me so sad that it has become a "make a pretty dress" contest rather than a real design show.

Thoughts?

B

Babydoll

I hate it. It's entertainment, not fashion.
I love Nina, Michael and Tim. But Heidi Klum is starting to annoy me. You're beautiful Heidi, but you're boring everyone.

Kisa

Rookie
I usually don't like reality tv shows, but I'll watch Project Runway while I'm doing my workout every once in a while. I think it's better than a lot of other crap out there, although I agree that it's getting worse and too focused on the drama. -_-
As for Anya, I always liked her, but I agree that she wasn't the best designer there. Compared to a couple of the others, she had very little variety in her designs. I liked the vivid prints and motion in her final collection, but it seemed like it was a bunch of variations of one look.

Heidi has always scared me, and I'm not quite sure why...

Golden ice

Super Star
So is anyone watching the 10th season? I was appalled at Anya Ayoung-Chee's win from Season 9. I just felt like she was a light-weight in terms of her skill level and the judges gave her much more leeway than they should have.

I swore off watching it again but got sucked in with the All-Stars. I watched a few old ones and it makes me so sad that it has become a "make a pretty dress" contest rather than a real design show.

Thoughts?
I totally agree - Anya was the worst collection there - everything looked the same and she couldn't design anything besides that same flowing loose dress. This season looks like it will be interesting though. I like that Ven guy - he is amazing! I can't stand that Japanese guy with the Afro or that old lady who designed that apron thing.

Golden ice

Super Star
I loved last night's episode - it seems like such a waste though that the two that quit had been chosen over others to be a part of the show. There are so many designers who would love to have an opportunity like that.

curlycue

Worker Bee
It's baaack, and although it's got next-to-no influence in the industry, it's entertaining nonetheless. It's definitely entertainment once we've got when someone does this:

Not only is is hideous, the designer just throws buzzwords out there without understanding what they mean - "environmentally sustainable fashion" "Not using electricity to style her hair" all the while burning synthetic fabric. :facepalm:

Don't get me started on Freddy Mercury's must-be-censored-with-a-black-box-on-the-model's-box travesty.

My favorite look:

Just so not all hope is lost.

Golden ice

Super Star
I hate that guy that sent the model down with no makeup. Honestly, he is the one that should have gone home. If you looked at the fan vote, 80% thought the judges made the wrong decision. I like how the looks are judged anonymously now, because I think in past seasons, the judges would base their scores partly on their opinions of the designers. I liked that red dress too, and I also liked the flowy one that won.

And haha, I love how with the bathing suit one, they didn't even mention the vagina falling out, and they said the fit was great :wtf:

I didn't like the designer that used to be a model - she seems like a real spoiled bitch...