Pre-Fashion Week Hunger Games Criticized By Plus Size Model

Wow she's so full of herself, congratulations on being a plus size model sweetie.

'These girls are going to extremes to look like that, and then not being booked for any jobs,' she said. 'And then living with a plus size model who's working every single day and comparing themselves to me.'

Not for the reason she thinks :eyeroll: I'm starting my one cracker and water diet tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
"I wanted to punch everyone in the face... [I thought] basically they were calling me fat,' Wells said.
'That was my perception of the word 'plus size', that people were calling me 'fat'."

You are fat.:meh:

Reactions: 6 users
Marketing at its finest. Look at the first skinny model, of course the general public is going to think she's unhealthy. That clothing, makeup, and lighting are not making her look "healthy" (by their terms). The model speaking is always shown with a tan and smiling. Good lord some people are ignorant. If someone's boss was telling them to do something for their job, would they just not do it?

Wow she's so full of herself, congratulations on being a plus size model sweetie.

'These girls are going to extremes to look like that, and then not being booked for any jobs,' she said. 'And then living with a plus size model who's working every single day and comparing themselves to me.'

Not for the reason she thinks :eyeroll: I'm starting my one cracker and water diet tomorrow.

Hahah yeah! They're probably using her as a guideline of what NOT TO DO.

Reactions: 2 users
Why did I read the comments? I hate it when everyone's always saying, how "healthy" she looks and that the thin model (obviously they never pick a better picture) looks miserable..textbook :meh:

Bullllllllshitttttt. There is no way any agent would tell their models, explicitly, to stick to a diet of one cracker and some water. Unless it was a sarcastic mark made to a girl who could laugh at it.. not buying it.

One major peeve of mine regarding these "love yourself at any size" sort of people is their usual inability to do so without simultaneously trying to take down others in the process. They can't just be happy about themselves and move on with their lives normally and confidently (which it's what they supposedly try to promote), but it seems like they always need to put down the slimmer ones at the same time they bring themselves up: "oh, look at how these skinny bitches are all miserable and envy me because I eat a lot more and they can't, also they are jealous of me because I book more jobs, blah blah".

That whole attitude just reeks of inferiority complex to me.

Reactions: 5 users
One major peeve of mine regarding these "love yourself at any size" sort of people is their usual inability to do so without simultaneously trying to take down others in the process. They can't just be happy about themselves and move on with their lives normally and confidently (which it's what they supposedly try to promote), but it seems like they always need to put down the slimmer ones at the same time they bring themselves up: "oh, look at how these skinny bitches are all miserable and envy me because I eat a lot more and they can't, also they are jealous of me because I book more jobs, blah blah".

That whole attitude just reeks of inferiority complex to me.

Oh it's not just that in this video. It's the humble brags (I work every day, I eat healthy, I work out) that simultaneously bring down other girls (she's anorexic, and still not getting paid). Like seriously, you still look fat? And if we said that to her, it'd probably hurt her because she knows she's fat.

Reactions: 1 user
Bullllllllshitttttt. There is no way any agent would tell their models, explicitly, to stick to a diet of one cracker and some water. Unless it was a sarcastic mark made to a girl who could laugh at it.. not buying it.
Haha yes!! My thoughts exactly.

"'I eat healthy, I work out, but I'll let myself have a treat every now and then and have a glass of wine"
:orly:
Well, how come most of us do it too (and models too!) and we don't look this fat :rolleyes:
RSFF+2010+Hot+City+Intimates+Catwalk+RBxmpXaPAZcx.jpg

"'I eat healthy, I work out, but I'll let myself have a treat every now and then and have a glass of wine"
Well, how come most of us do it too (and models too!) and we don't look this fat :rolleyes:
View attachment 7829

I always think plus sized models, would be average-semi large girls, but no, they're all far far far into the obese territory. Like jesus christ.

Reactions: 2 users

Because her "every now and then" is probably based on the hours elapsed, not the number of days........

I don't get it: in any profession, people who work hard to meet the requirements of their job are praised as valluable assets for society and even rolemodels. Nobody wonders whether working 12 hours per day in a cubicle is healthy or not. However, when it comes to high fashion, models who work hard to keep up with the standards of the industry are suddenly no. 1 enemies of society.

Get over it, they are part of an exclusive aesthetic elite, their job is not easy and their dedication to staying skinny is not really contagious. So stop worrying about their health or the "damage they do to young girls". The worse that could happen to a teenager when she looks at models in Vogue is to put down the 5th slice of pizza. Come on! :bs:

Reactions: 5 users
Someone please tell this woman that putting vegetables on pizza does not make it healthy..........

'One cracker and a couple of glasses of water'...? Limiting water sounds super unhealthy. And why crackers? Zero nutrients, full on carbs, I don't think that's the best diet you can find. Anyway, I guess it won't kill you if you do it for a few days. But I'd definitely drink more water.

Also, I really admire the girl for her confidence. If I had her body I'd be miserable as hell and I'd probably diet myself into oblivion.

Also, I really admire the girl for her confidence.

If she's this confident with herself and doing so well in the modeling industry, why did she feel the need to create a polemic? To battle against the so-called pressure women feel to be "thin"? To prove you can be healthy, happy and a model at a size 14? It's very kind of her.

If she's this confident with herself and doing so well in the modeling industry, why did she feel the need to create a polemic? To battle against the so-called pressure women feel to be "thin"? To prove you can be healthy, happy and a model at a size 14? It's very kind of her.
Good point.