Pre-Fashion Week Hunger Games Criticized By Plus Size Model

Did they choose that pic of Ondria to make her look ''scary'' thin or with an eating disorder? Lol This whole interview is so bitter honestly, and I've never heard of her until today so I doubt she really gets as much work as she says she does.

Reactions: 1 user
If she's this confident with herself and doing so well in the modeling industry, why did she feel the need to create a polemic? To battle against the so-called pressure women feel to be "thin"? To prove you can be healthy, happy and a model at a size 14? It's very kind of her.

I agree with this, and there are so many women who do the same thing. I feel like it's overcompensation. Woman is fat, woman sees evidence (ex. a magazine) that thin women are possible and do exist, woman sees this as a threat to her supposed 'self-acceptance' and feels the need to be verbal (and loud) about just how OKAY she is with being fat cause she LOVES HERSELF SO MUCH. I feel like some overweight women take it as an insult that some girls are able to actually succeed in a diet, because it just reminds them that they failed.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'm procrastinating and I'm in a mooooood right now.

Like, why would we want to hear some fattie's testimony on how skinny people stay skinny anyway? Am I supposed to trust her to give me the DL on what thin people eat?? Why can't we get an interview with these cracker-a-day models themselves?? Probably because models who look like they eat a cracker per day are TOO BUSY, cause they're out there getting JOBS, and such.

Uggggghhhhhh. And apparently, obese people eat healthy, work out, and have a treat/glass of wine every now and then. I don't even trust this fatass to tell me about how she stays fat. But judging from the comments, piggies are just lapping it up in a big circlejerk about how fat people can NEVER lose weight, and those who do either live on crackers or crack. GAH. And I know I'm preaching to the choir here anyway :facepalm:

Reactions: 4 users
I agree with this, and there are so many women who do the same thing. I feel like it's overcompensation. Woman is fat, woman sees evidence (ex. a magazine) that thin women are possible and do exist, woman sees this as a threat to her supposed 'self-acceptance' and feels the need to be verbal (and loud) about just how OKAY she is with being fat cause she LOVES HERSELF SO MUCH. I feel like some overweight women take it as an insult that some girls are able to actually succeed in a diet, because it just reminds them that they failed.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'm procrastinating and I'm in a mooooood right now.

Like, why would we want to hear some fattie's testimony on how skinny people stay skinny anyway? Am I supposed to trust her to give me the DL on what thin people eat?? Why can't we get an interview with these cracker-a-day models themselves?? Probably because models who look like they eat a cracker per day are TOO BUSY, cause they're out there getting JOBS, and such.

Uggggghhhhhh. And apparently, obese people eat healthy, work out, and have a treat/glass of wine every now and then. I don't even trust this fatass to tell me about how she stays fat. But judging from the comments, piggies are just lapping it up in a big circlejerk about how fat people can NEVER lose weight, and those who do either live on crackers or crack. GAH. And I know I'm preaching to the choir here anyway :facepalm:

I agree with every word you wrote. That's all I wanted to say and I couldn't express this out! And it's so annoying - how they drain the hope out of the girls who are a bit fat and want to lose weight, by saying they "eat healthy" and are still fat, those lies are so wrong because they affect the health and confidence of so much chubby girls who won't lose the extra weight because of this.

I do have a dillemma concerning fat people who supposedly eat healthily. A friend of ours is very fat, around 85 kg at 1.67m. I can't say I've ever seen her stuff her face,but I supposed she did that in provate. However, I've just come back from a weekend at a sea side resort with an all inclusive meal plan. To my surprise,she ate normally. She is obviously not dieting, but she isn't eating everything in sight either. I can't explain how she got this big, I refuse to think she has a slow metabolism and other BS. What do you girls think?

I do have a dillemma concerning fat people who supposedly eat healthily. A friend of ours is very fat, around 85 kg at 1.67m. I can't say I've ever seen her stuff her face,but I supposed she did that in provate. However, I've just come back from a weekend at a sea side resort with an all inclusive meal plan. To my surprise,she ate normally. She is obviously not dieting, but she isn't eating everything in sight either. I can't explain how she got this big, I refuse to think she has a slow metabolism and other BS. What do you girls think?
Roughly estimating from the stats you provided her BMR would just be around 1600 and depending on her activity level I would say her daily energy expenditure varies between 1800-2200 - it's really not that hard to eat this much calories eating normally and not watching what you eat closely. In my non-expert opinion she just eats at her maitenance - if she would be pigging out like most fatties do she would keep gaining. Again, roughly estimating, if a girl at this height would be eating consistently say 3000 calories a day she would stop gaining at around 225kg (500lbs) - and that assuming you stop gaining weight when your daily energy expenditure matches your intake.

That's the problem though - fatties actually CAN eat healthy and seemingly normal portions and they think they should be loosing weight eating this way and when it does not happen they hurrdurr in interviews like that into oblivion. Loosing weight takes dedication, but their unwillingness to cut calories (="starve themselves to match society's standards") causes them to be forever fat.

Roughly estimating from the stats you provided her BMR would just be around 1600 and depending on her activity level I would say her daily energy expenditure varies between 1800-2200 - it's really not that hard to eat this much calories eating normally and not watching what you eat closely. In my non-expert opinion she just eats at her maitenance - if she would be pigging out like most fatties do she would keep gaining. Again, roughly estimating, if a girl at this height would be eating consistently say 3000 calories a day she would stop gaining at around 225kg (500lbs) - and that assuming you stop gaining weight when your daily energy expenditure matches your intake.

That's the problem though - fatties actually CAN eat healthy and seemingly normal portions and they think they should be loosing weight eating this way and when it does not happen they hurrdurr in interviews like that into oblivion. Loosing weight takes dedication, but their unwillingness to cut calories (="starve themselves to match society's standards") causes them to be forever fat.
Yes, I imagined she eats for maintanance too. But how did she get fat in the first place? I suppose she used to eat worse in the past (her adolescence maybe?)

PS- I am impressed you took the time to do the calculations.

Yes, I imagined she eats for maintanance too. But how did she get fat in the first place? I suppose she used to eat worse in the past (her adolescence maybe?)

PS- I am impressed you took the time to do the calculations.
It's not that impressive - with the multitude of online calculators it takes about 5 seconds to do them :p

Also,she contradicts basic knowledge. She argues that during her honeymoon in Punta Cana she gained 1 kg PER DAY, which is impossible, as this weight gain implies consuming 7000 cal past the normal expenditure every day. Bad case of water retention, probably, plus 3-4 kg of real fat.

Did they choose that pic of Ondria to make her look ''scary'' thin or with an eating disorder?

I thought that, I was surprised when I saw the photo because it was really unflattering. It made her look tired and ill.. but then their story wouldn't be credible if they used a photo of Vlada doing yoga and looking like a fairy lol

My mother is similar. She eats normally (eg B: muesli, soy milk, some berries, tea; L: small sandwich and veg sticks or soup or 1 egg, 1 slice of toast and spinach or similar; D: 3 small boiled potatoes, skinless chicken breast, some salad without dressing; she also snacks on a few biscuits, cheese or fruit, and sometimes eats dessert) and is quite active (gardening, cycling, DIY) and I often wonder why she is obese. If I ate this diet I would be bigger but I wouldn't be obese, and I'd expect an obese person to lose weight with this intake, but her weight is stable.

I am the reverse case; given the amount I eat I would expect to lose weight, but don't (when I used a fitbit I regularly clocked a 1000+ calorie deficit per day and I actually gained a couple of kilos at that time), which is ok, but a mystery.

I would really like to understand that. The body is so complex; I don't think metabolic mechanisms have been properly explained at all yet - the effect of different macro ratios, the function of intestinal flora, the connection between mental and physical states... I hope this science will develop more in my lifetime as I think it will produce important insights for many areas of health beyond just body weight.

My mother is similar. She eats normally (eg B: muesli, soy milk, some berries, tea; L: small sandwich and veg sticks or soup or 1 egg, 1 slice of toast and spinach or similar; D: 3 small boiled potatoes, skinless chicken breast, some salad without dressing; she also snacks on a few biscuits, cheese or fruit, and sometimes eats dessert) and is quite active (gardening, cycling, DIY) and I often wonder why she is obese. If I ate this diet I would be bigger but I wouldn't be obese, and I'd expect an obese person to lose weight with this intake, but her weight is stable.

I am the reverse case; given the amount I eat I would expect to lose weight, but don't (when I used a fitbit I regularly clocked a 1000+ calorie deficit per day and I actually gained a couple of kilos at that time), which is ok, but a mystery.

I would really like to understand that. The body is so complex; I don't think metabolic mechanisms have been properly explained at all yet - the effect of different macro ratios, the function of intestinal flora, the connection between mental and physical states... I hope this science will develop more in my lifetime as I think it will produce important insights for many areas of health beyond just body weight.
Genetics. I wish I had a more complex answer than that, but when it comes down to it, genetics. It's the same way many thin people can eat unhealthily and not gain a pound. Certain overweight people can eat healthy and not lose a pound.

I never heard of this cow until this article, guess that tells us all we need to know about her story.

"their agents instructed them to stick to a diet of 'one cracker and a couple of glasses of water'"

No fattie, you're confused, that's what your agent told YOU to eat.

Reactions: 4 users