Post your winter boots/shoes 8-)

Discussion in 'Shoes' started by elleblass, Mar 28, 2015.

1. elleblass

elleblass Rising Star

Hey girls, a cold wet winter is descending on Australia and I can't even think of the first place to go to for winter boots. I want something that is groovy and durable but everything is ugly right now (first world problems :nopity:) anyway, what shoes do you usually wear in the winter? Post below!

2. littlebirdwings

littlebirdwings Worker Bee

3. Xsmall

Xsmall SkinnyGossip Royal

I really like sorel boots.. They are so warm for harsh winters + lots of walking around.
    Here are some of my favorites:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.sorel.com/home

I also wear my hunter boots with 2 pairs of socks (one regular pair and then a thick wooly pair). They are water proof but not warm unless you wear thick socks.

4. Elsa

Elsa Rising Star

@Xsmall Do you find Sorel to be oddly wide at the foot? I tried on a pair last year and they just looked huge, but I wonder if it could have just been that particular design.

5. sabine

sabine VIP - Insider
    VIP

I'm excited that winter's drawing to a close over here, I've been wearing 3 pairs of shoes incessantly since it started.

1. A pair of slim, mens dress shoes that I can't seem to find a similar image for online

2. a pair like these

[​IMG]

3. and a pair like these that I plan on wearing throughot summer, at night, with bare limbs, slept in hair, minimal jewellery, and little silk slip dresses

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. délié

délié Grand Dame

:luv::luv::luv:

7. ariam

ariam Worker Bee

For cold/dry weather I wore these this winter which were nice and warm:

[​IMG]

and I do hunters with thick socks when its wet and cold too :)

8. camille

camille Worker Bee

I've been basically living in a very basic pair of black leather ankle booties from Zara, they look almost identical to this 3.1 Philip Lim one, except that the front part isn't higher than the back (if that makes sense):
    [​IMG]
    they are the most comfortable thing ever created and they look good with everything, I love how simple it is, absolutely my style :luvluv: and my legs didn't freeze to death since they are furry on the inside!

• Like Like x 1
  9. dietcokediet

dietcokediet Community Duchess

I have been wearing a pair of ZARA combat boots for the past 2 years and they are AMAZING.

10. Exquisite

Exquisite Rising Star

I just got some from Estrada in Charlestown shopping centre in Newcastle, they had a good selection for pretty cheap. I really wanted Rag & Bone but got the cheaper look-a-likes.

11. Skinny-Mimi

Skinny-Mimi Rising Star

I got the cutest pair of chucky heeled ankle boots from Cotton On for a really decent price. I love the heel height bc I'm relatively tall and I tend to dwarf all my 5 foot nothing friends.

Attached Files:

12. stardust

stardust SuperStar

I wear those too!

Mostly I wear short black boots, they go with almost everything!
    [​IMG]

Or in light-brown, I couldn't find any picture that looked like them, a bit like:
    [​IMG]

When I go somewhere I know I can step on mud or something I wear blundstones: [​IMG]
    They never ever get destroyed and they become so so comfortable after about one week (when they adjust to the shape of your feet)

I love short heels boots and skinny jeans :luv:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I miss the winter now, I love winter boots! :luvluv:

13. Elsa

Elsa Rising Star

Where do you guys live that you can wear zara shoes in the winter??

14. Kit

Kit Grand Dame

As a short friend I hate you haha! But I loooove your signature.

I'm usually in an area where it gets snowy and icey. I usually go with Nike sneaker heels on my casual days (and theyre not obnoxious I swear, most people don't even notice the heel. They're the Nike Dunk Sky Hi Essential in black which isn't on their website right now and must have amazing tread because I've never fallen & I am as coordinated a new born horse on ice. If I'm dressing up, I wear a pair of black ankle wedges or black heeled ankle boots. I left them in CO though. I just check the tread whenever buying snow boots because my area is notorious for snow melting during the day & freezing again at night. A softer one generally works better than very hard bottomed shoes. I can tell you my Frye boots and Doc Martins both suck on ice.

I always recommend getting snow shoes a half size up so you can wear thick socks. And lace them VERY tight at the top so snow doesn't fall in.

Sidenote, so many of my shoes have a purplish hue from the salt they use on the streets :cry:

15. AnnaLeah Rose

Banned

Ugh, I need these!!! :) I LOVE high-heeled anything, even if there's 10 inches of snow on the ground.

looking good > comfort ;)

16. vln14

vln14 Rookie

I live in a really cold climate. Think of on the border of Canada. My favorite shoes to wear in winter are Hunter Boots (for the sloshy snow days), Prada Leather Boots (warm with long socks - but also super cute), and L.L. Bean Boots (for super cold days!). s-l1000.jpg 23a88d948d11860b069c5d34c33ba460.jpg 212880_1914_41.jpg

17. Arctic

Arctic Worker Bee

Not the appropriate thread but I don't want to start one just for a simple question. I've found those booties that are supposed to be from Lanvin 2009 collection but I don't see them in the runway video. Maybe a fashion addict here could give me some help... :luvluv:

Attached Files: