POOR GIRL (CHIC) DIET - BLOG

Discussion in 'Online' started by walnut, Nov 21, 2018.

1. walnut

walnut Rookie

This is a fun little read in the spirit of Skinnygossip's humor (and values) - quite reminiscent of 'The Chic Diet' by Kit Olsen - that I discovered a few weeks ago and would like to share. I was surprised that I couln't find it posted it here already, and I'm sorry if it has been!

https://poorgirldiet.wordpress.com/

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have :p

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Worker Bee

Thanks for the read, however was making a thread really necessary? Surely, you could have posted it in the What Are You Reading At The Moment? thread, although I don’t know if you have access to that, so this post could be better suited to a status update. This is not by any means a personal attack, just passing on a suggestion :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. proseccoprincess

proseccoprincess Rising Star

I found this kind of cringey... most of it is typical tumblr skinny rhetoric (black coffee, “chic”, cigarettes, bones), and it tries to romanticize being poor?? If you can afford expensive clothing and beauty products, even at the expense of food, you aren’t “poor,” you’re just making decisions on how to spend your money...? Sorry, but I’d rather read something more interesting and well written than a 15 year old tumblr girl’s skinny fantasy. I’ve heard this before, and I’m sick of it tbh :eyeroll:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. stargirl

stargirl Rising Star

It’s not the worst thing in the world but it does remind me of when I was semi sleep deprived on the plane, read the chic diet cover to cover and subconsciously adopted the entire psycho skinny chic persona for like 12 hours. Fun, but I cringe looking back. Besides, there hasn’t been an update in two years. I agree with @Blair Waldorf and @proseccoprincess, it’s completely oversaturated with the “black coffee is so my life/I’m so poor/cigarettes are so chic/I’m gonna pass out from being so skinny” rhetoric. The same thing could’ve been written by an obese fourteen year old in Wisconsin to be honest.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. vie

vie SuperStar

Yeah, this is definitely some skinnyfat teenager who binge-watched Gossip Girl, probably read The Chic Diet or something of its ilk, absorbed it all into her personality and regurgitated it back into the web. Reminds me of how I talked and acted after reading the entire Clique book series in middle school ... or how Michael Scott acted in The Office after watching The Devil Wears Prada for the first time.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. elle_w00ds

elle_w00ds Rising Star

This blog greatly benefits from an internal narration in the voice of Zosia Mamet's character in Girls.

[​IMG]

#6 elle_w00ds, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 7
  7. blissrelease

blissrelease Rising Star

howmanytimescanisaychic.wordpress basically

• Jizztastic Jizztastic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1