Polaroids in underwear (need models' help)

Maleska

Rookie
Jul 8, 2015
Europe
I'm still not sure in which category should this thread be and feel pretty selfish about making this thread but i've searched through threads and it helped only partially :notworthy:

i will be meeting with my agency in approximately 2 weeks and i feel really anxious about it and totally insecure :ohno:The last time we met i was told to lose a little bit and i did, but i think that i still look shitty. I know i could do it better, so these days i'll do my best in losing weight.

So in 2 weeks i come to the office and they will make polas of me in underwear and measure me etc. There is still no direct answer that they will take me when my stats are suitable and everything depends on how good i will look when we meet.

Does anyone know how to look relaxed and nice in polas? Because when i enter their office all my confidence fades away and i still can't believe that the best agency of my country is interested in me and if i look crappy in polas nothing's gonna happen and the thought of it is freaking me out.

And i know there's a thread "quick fixes" and i've read it but still, how do you usually eat a week or two before new polas, so that you're sure that you'll be absolutely skinny and fine in underwear?

Hope you guys won't pass it by, i really need your advice! :luv:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still not sure in which category should this thread be and feel pretty selfish about making this thread but i've searched through threads and it helped only partially :notworthy:

i will be meeting with my agency in approximately 2 weeks and i feel really anxious about it and totally insecure :ohno:The last time we met i was told to lose a little bit and i did, but i think that i still look shitty. I know i could do it better, so these days i'll do my best in losing weight.

So in 2 weeks i come to the office and they will make polas of me in underwear and measure me etc. There is still no direct answer that they will take me when my stats are suitable and everything depends on how good i will look when we meet.

Does anyone know how to look relaxed and nice in polas? Because when i enter their office all my confidence fades away and i still can't believe that the best agency of my country is interested in me and if i look crappy in polas nothing's gonna happen and the thought of it is freaking me out.

And i know there's a thread "quick fixes" and i've read it but still, how do you usually eat a week or two before new polas, so that you're sure that you'll be absolutely skinny and fine in underwear?

Hope you guys won't pass it by, i really need your advice! :luv:
Try tagging some VIPs, it will increase the chances of them seeing this post. And good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
OK I just finished a long gigantic painful open call so I have a lot of thoughts I hope they help.

i will be meeting with my agency in approximately 2 weeks and i feel really anxious about it and totally insecure :ohno:

Feeling anxious is just how it will be, because it's important to your life. The insecurity, well you are going to have to get over it.

I just had a mom curse and yell at me because I told her daughter she would need to lose a lot of weight for us to consider her. MMKAYTHANKSBYE.

No one is perfect, the difference is that in modeling you will be told to your face what is not perfect. Even "flaws" you never knew you had. You just put it in your mind that it's not personal, it's business. I tell new faces all the time - you are a whole person, you are not your hips, you are not your waist, you are not your weight. But, as a booker, I am not selling your sweet personality or guitar or math skills or what a good friend you are. I honestly don't give a shit about that. Like, I'm happy for you, but it has nothing to do with what I do. I am selling your physical appearance and modeling ability. That's it. So obviously that is what I will focus on. We are not here to be pals, I am not here to make you feel warm and fuzzy or cushion you from the cold cruel world. That's not my job, that's a job for fat oversensitive moms who swear at me. I only care to figure out if I can make money on you for how you look. And I probably won't even be very nice about it because I want you to learn that is how the world is.

I have been doing this quite a long time now and I never tell a new face that she is 100% perfect. Then she is just going to lean back, relax, and stop trying to improve. Well sorry the industry doesn't work like that, you always need strive to do better no matter how good you are, otherwise someone else who is striving will book the jobs. I encourage girls who I think are awesome and I tell them what I love about them or when they do well. But I always make sure they are looking down the road on how to be better. Better range, better poses, fine tuning body, on and on.

I am telling you all this so you can see their point of view when they criticize you. It will help you separate it from being a criticism of you as a person. Besides if they care enough to invite you back then you are already better than 95% of the girls they meet with.

There are so many ways to deal with all this. Posing is knowing your body, your angles, which you will get from practice and feedback. Read @sabine's post.

Also putting yourself in the right mental state. Might be a drink or two, a Xanax (NOT TOGETHER), meditating, doing something relaxing before.

If you have some money, find a good local photographer to practice with. If not, send some pictures to me and I'll give you pointers. There's probably other VIPs who would do this too.

You sound very nervous so instead of trying to "make sure you'll be skinny and fine" put it in your head that you will not be perfectly skinny and fine and you are OK with that. Then it won't knock you off center when they find fault - which they will. I am not saying to not work hard the next two weeks, you definitely should, but don't expect to get there and have them say you are perfect. That will fuck you over. Because if you think you will be perfect and that it has to be perfect, then you get there and they're poking at your thighs going "hmmmm" you will lose it. Put in your mind that you will do your best, but you totally expect critical feedback when you're there, which you will enthusiastically accept.

Sorry for such a long rant, Adderall in high gear. :spazrun:

• Jizztastic
Reactions: 28 users
I used to do this terrible thing at castings, out of some weird, misplaced modesty (if you want to model, try to ditch this little girl 'virtue'): when I'd do my wee turnabout in front of whichever director, I'd become this living apology for not being perfect--usually just in manner. Once, at a casting with only super-super tall girls, I got really nervous and insecure waiting for my name to be called. When it was finally my turn the director hardly opened his mouth to say, "you're not so tall--" before I verbal-diarrhea-ed,"SORRYNICEMEETINGYOU," and bolted. Not so professional! What's worse, it's not very logical. I walked out of that casting but, guess what, I had to go to three more identical casting that day. And the next. And the next. As a model, you will NEVERNEVER escape other's assessment, be it Karl Lagerfeld or some douche you had geometry with in 2005 that's stalking you on SM. People like @FashionThin get paid to consider and judge your looks--not you--let them do their job so you can do yours.

A model's responsibility:
1. be skinny
2. be toned (this one is tricky)
3. clean hair, clean nails, clear skin
4. know your craft see @sabine post ^^
5. be professional and stfu

focus on these things so you don't have time to be nervous
tumblr_m141jal8Bj1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Reactions: 14 users
@Anonymous Bullcock
:flower:

You need to build confidence.. it's so important. You cannot be shy in front of the camera if you want this to be your career. You're there for a reason, the agency believes in you, so you need to believe in yourself!
Ask a family member or a friend that you're comfortable with to take photos of you to practice. That's what I did when I first started.

And i know there's a thread "quick fixes" and i've read it but still, how do you usually eat a week or two before new polas, so that you're sure that you'll be absolutely skinny and fine in underwear

Make sure that you're drinking lots of water, green tea is great as well. Stay as hydrated as possible - not only is it good to keep you full, but will also keep your skin clear! Having good skin is equally as important to being skinny. Eat protein, fat (to keep you full) and vegetables - little carbs as possible. Also sauna lots :)

You just put it in your mind that it's not personal, it's business. I tell new faces all the time - you are a whole person, you are not your hips, you are not your waist, you are not your weight.

Yup! and A+ post FT :kiss:

Reactions: 2 users
dear, first of all- what are your measurements now? relax and trust me 2 weeks are enough time to move mountains! <3

I think it's extremely important to have the right mentality when you go in there. I often see girls who think they're so pretty and beautiful who show up at the agency or at castings and as soon as they get critiqued their pretty little bubble pops and they either have a breakdown or get pissed at the bookers/clients for not seeing how amazing they are and blah blah.

Honestly, look at it this way:
A girl who knows she's not perfect and who's excited to improve and who welcomes critique will always have more potential than a prettier, taller girl who has too much confidence to ever change for the industry.

I can honestly say that nothing makes me happier than to have bookers and clients tell me what they don't like, what to work on, because then I know what to do!
Now I work for some amazing people who are extremely honest and direct, and I couldn't be happier. If they take my measurements and don't comment on them, I ask straight out if they're good or if I should work more on hips/toning etc. I never want to be in the situation where no one says anything so I continue my work and castings without improving - it's a complete waste of time.

Remember that your bookers critique may be harsh, but in this industry it is a gold mine. The fact that they take the time to criticize you means they want to keep you around, that they see potential, if not they would just say "Thank you, you can leave". They only want the best for you because they want you to earn money for them. They want the best girls to represent their agency, and they're trying to make you top quality. Don't look at it as "you're not good enough", but rather "here's how you can get to a much higher level".

So look them in the eyes, nod and smile, maybe even repeat what to work on to make sure you're on the same page. You want them to feel comfortable enough to not sugar coat anything.

Reactions: 10 users
dear, first of all- what are your measurements now? relax and trust me 2 weeks are enough time to move mountains! <3

my hips are 90cm now :supershame: and i know its too big, so i i'll be trying to make them at least 88 cm as fast as possible

OH MY GOSH
i'm so happy and thankful to everyone who answered! :luv:
i'll consider everything you recommended, your advice are so precious and important, thank you all! :kissblush:
after reading of all you've written i feel like i can do everything and even feel less nervous.
thank you one more time :luv:

No one is perfect, the difference is that in modeling you will be told to your face what is not perfect. Even "flaws" you never knew you had. You just put it in your mind that it's not personal, it's business. I tell new faces all the time - you are a whole person, you are not your hips, you are not your waist, you are not your weight.
I know you say you're a cold hearted bitch, and maaaybe it's the Adderall speaking, but this almost made me feel warm and fuzzy inside! :lol:

Also, re: the getting yelled at by fat moms, turn up the sweet factor and be ohhh sooo nice suddenly and watch them go livid. It's my favorite game to play with unreasonable patients :grin: (it'll make your next shitty open call slightly less shitty)

my hips are 90cm now :supershame: and i know its too big, so i i'll be trying to make them at least 88 cm as fast as possible

90 cm is ok- well it depends on your bone structure and proportions.
My agency signed me with 92 hips (I'm pretty sure that I had less, my mother agency measured 90 one day earlier) but still! And I'm talking about one of the biggest agencies worldwide. Next time I came to see them I was much skinnier and they were utterly happy to see that I'm determined and disciplined. So if they see potential and believe in you they won't care too much about a few kilos that you still have to loose. You just have to show them that you're willing to work on it.

Give your best the next two weeks. Start drinking nettle tea 3 days before your appointment and don not consume any salt last few days. But don't only focus on the weight. Make sure your skin, hair and nails looks perfect.

For the polas- check some agency boards for the posing. It's quite tricky and not always as natural as it looks like.
When they take photos from the front, push your hips a bit back, when from the side push them forward. Never press your arms to the body- it makes them look fat. When they make portraits soak the air a bit in- makes your collarbones look sharper.

Maybe ask someone to make some tests, so you can see how it looks like and what you have to improve.

Remember the most important thing is to shine! Show personality and kill them with your charisma!

I hope that helps you a bit :))

Oh and please excuse my poor grammar:supershame:

xxx

90 cm is ok- well it depends on your bone structure and proportions.
My agency signed me with 92 hips (I'm pretty sure that I had less, my mother agency measured 90 one day earlier) but still! And I'm talking about one of the biggest agencies worldwide. Next time I came to see them I was much skinnier and they were utterly happy to see that I'm determined and disciplined. So if they see potential and believe in you they won't care too much about a few kilos that you still have to loose. You just have to show them that you're willing to work on it.

90 is pushing it, 92 is really pushing it. You're right, though, if they love you and see your potential, they'll sign you as a new face. But they will hound you until it's below 90 and drop you if you don't get there fairly quick and stay there.

It's what you said about determination and discipline. If I don't see that, I am not wasting my time developing a new face. Bye! Next.

Reactions: 1 user
90 is pushing it, 92 is really pushing it. You're right, though, if they love you and see your potential, they'll sign you as a new face. But they will hound you until it's below 90 and drop you if you don't get there fairly quick and stay there.

It's what you said about determination and discipline. If I don't see that, I am not wasting my time developing a new face. Bye! Next.

Yeah I know.. you can't imagine how shocked I was after they measured 92, my motheragency said 90 one day earlier.. and how surprised when they said that they still want to sign me! I was stupid and had no idea about how the business works on the international basis. But honestly, loosing 1 cm on the hips is for me one week of hard work. The agency must know that it's not that much of a big deal no?
Is it maybe possible that scouts measure more than the new faces actually have to kind of motivate them?