Places to sell old/fat clothes?

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by bingeonvogue, Oct 21, 2015.

1. bingeonvogue

bingeonvogue Moderator
    Staff Member

So I donate a lot of my old clothes to charity but I have a bunch of really expensive and hardly worn clothes that I bought at higher weights that don't fit me now :smash: I was wondering what you girls did with your old clothes like this? Are there any good sites you guys use to sell good (basically new :meh:) old clothes? I'm currently uploading them on a site called feelway.com (if there's any Koreans here that need this info lol). Does anyone know whether eBay/Amazon is actually good for this? :confused: I remember trying to use it once a long time ago and just giving up because the whole process was so complicated/annoying

2. vanitas

vanitas SuperStar

Ebay can be good but I'd recommend setting aside a day or two to list everything and research how similar items do on there. And check shipping prices before you list anything. You're right about the whole process being a complete ball ache, but if you have a few things to sell, it's worth the time..

I sold a lot of my stuff on Ebay before we moved abroad and we did well out of it but the main thing to watch out for is that if you make a few hundred dollars in a short space of time and it goes into your paypal account, withdraw it immediately because paypal love to freeze your account if you have money in it. Not sure why, but it happened to me twice now!

• Like Like x 1
  3. chicbones

chicbones Grand Dame

I haven't used depop but most of my friends have an account and have managed to sell some pretty decent clothes on there. I believe you can also choose whether you'll pay for shipping or you want the buyer to on there, and it's very easy, you just take a picture and set a price. If not; I would say go for eBay. Good luck and congratulations, I hope the new, smaller jeans fit!;)

4. bingeonvogue

bingeonvogue Moderator
    Staff Member

:luvluv:

5. Xsmall

Xsmall SkinnyGossip Royal

Do they have a platos closet near you? Of course they don't give you shit.. But some nicer stuff you can get more for obviously.

6. bingeonvogue

bingeonvogue Moderator
    Staff Member

@Xsmall no such luck, but thanks for the info :) Will be using it when I'm back in the US

7. lacuna

lacuna Rookie

I use Depop. I like it because I find it a lot easier for people to find your items than eBay - much less clutter on there!
    And Depop allowing comments and likes on photos makes it much more fun and engaging than eBay too :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Butternut

Butternut Community Duchess

My university has a clothing exchange fb page and I sell my clothes on there. No need to coordinate shipping, you just meet in person for the transaction :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. fossilis

fossilis Worker Bee

I only know of places in the states. Like Xsmall said Plato's Closet, and also Buffalo Exchange.

The only issue with those two places is that their buyers might not be very informed. Usually they want trendy clothes and typically look for brands like VS, H&M, etc. They also don't accept clothes in smaller sizes because it doesn't sell.

Note: I don't know if this is true for all places but it's just my personal experience.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bingeonvogue

bingeonvogue Moderator
    Staff Member

Would also kill to know how to buy even used fashion sample size zeros :twisted: Google searching for sample size zeros just turns up a bunch of articles about how "unrealistic" the fashion sample size is... :orly:

11. MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse Banned
    Banned

Do you have second hand stores? There are usually a bunch in fashion districts (wherever that is in your city).
    Perhaps search used designer goods - you will have to rummage through for your size or get the larger pieces tailored.

12. sabine

sabine VIP - Insider
    VIP

I third what @chicbones and @lacuna say, Depop is really good. So user friendly and far nicer than ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Peppermint

Peppermint Worker Bee

• Like Like x 1
  14. Golden ice

Golden ice Community Duchess

Has anyone tried Poshmark? I'm trying to sell quite a few things from my closet that I just cleaned out, and just listed some stuff on eBay, Tradesy, and Poshmark, but am not sure if anyone may have tips on driving sales in general or on Poshmark specifically. Also if there are any other sites people have to recommend, please share! (I'm going to check out the Depop site mentioned earlier in this thread as well.)

15. thelovelybones

thelovelybones Worker Bee

Are you based in NYC? Beacons closet, crossroads and buffalo exchange. You get 30% cash back for the value they price it at.

16. _sl1mbaby_

_sl1mbaby_ Worker Bee

ive tried poshmark recently & its actually pretty good! they receive a portion of the sale (it will tell you how much you will earn). downside is if you have to pay for shipping, but they do specials on occasion where shipping costs are lower. hope that helps!