Photo shoots

Ally

Rising Star
Jan 23, 2012
What are your favourite themes/styles for photoshoots??
I like it when it's fairytale, nature like :luv: or extravagant looks, like these pictures:
tumblr_lzso1uhlcq1qc81wao1_500.png

tumblr_lus5zxxUsv1qf73dw

tumblr_lpekokLO9F1qfadudo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzoz832WrB1r0x0zw

tumblr_lyiz7kJyRo1qzgpy7o1_500.jpg

Helmut Newton & Helmut Newton-esque photo shoots and anything in vogue except for AMERICAN Vogue (puke...for the most part..but an occasional surprise!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also really like fairytale-esque ones, but some of my favourites are those with a watery theme:

71660_numero_tok15_subaquatic_beaut%5B1%5D.jpg

Kristen-McMenamy-Steven-meisel-vogue-italia-aug-201006.jpg

__Blurry_In_The_Water___Shoot_by_Valentinepsycho_large.jpg

bath-tub-fashion-shoot-agua-caliente-in-numero-94.jpeg

charlize-theron-vogue-us-december-2011-by-annie-leibovitz1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I also really like fairytale-esque ones, but some of my favourites are those with a watery theme:

71660_numero_tok15_subaquatic_beaut%5B1%5D.jpg

I'm so sorry, I think it's beautiful as well, but it so much looks like somebody jizzed on this model.

#wehavetosufferforbeauty

I don't like it when there is too much going on in the background that distracts me from the models and the clothes.

I like landscapes in the background or photo shoots in the desert.

Reactions: 1 users
@ allie, fatbarbie: i think you might like those pics:

mcqueen-underwater-photoshoot.jpg

alla-kostromicheva2-750x1035.jpg

I can't pinpoint what it was, but there was something so aesthetically pleasing about Georgia May Jagger's photoshoot in Vogue Australia a while ago:

309723104f586afa_Georgia_May_Jagger_by_Kai_Z_Feng_Editorial_-_Vogue_Australia_December_2010_.preview.jpg

Georgia+May+Jagger+by+Kai+Z+Feng+%2528Editorial+-+Vogue+Australia+December+2010%2529+1.jpg

Georgia+May+Jagger+by+Kai+Z+Feng+%2528Editorial+-+Vogue+Australia+December+2010%2529+6.jpg

Georgia_May_Jagger_Vogue_Dec_05.jpg

Georgia+May+Jagger+Vogue+Australia+Dec+2010.jpg

Also, this appeared on the documentary The September Issue; I dont't think Vogue actually used it in the end, but it was beautiful!

20110106-072333.jpg

image-tools.phpuihi.jpg

0907-vo-we007.01.jpg_article_gallery_slideshow_v2.jpg

image-tools.phpug.jpg

image-tools.phpuhgu.jpg

image-tools.phpji.jpg

These pictures are gorgeous :luv:! I love this style too
Here is one of Vlada styled in a similar way!
vladaprincess111.jpeg

Ally, as a lover of fairytale photoshoots, have you seen the Vogue spread featuring Natalia Vodianova as Alice in Wonderland? It's one of my favourites.

I love the idea and the theme, but I'm not so much a fan of Natalia, so if they would have used another model... :luv:

I love the idea and the theme, but I'm not so much a fan of Natalia, so if they would have used another model... :luv:

Actually, I really dislike her as well. I have no idea why. It's the only thing I don't like about the shoot, although in this particular one I think she's very expressive and captures a sort of petulant childishness that's really good for an Alice type character.