Pandora Bracelets

Oh their jewellery is so pretty! I love fair trade things :luv:

This is completely random. I just wanted to let you know to be very careful about fair trade companies. Some, not all, are complet bs (i have no clue as to the stuff on the link). But what ends up happening is that the company will sign a fair trade agreement with the workers and give them a very small increase in pay (sometimes its something like 1 cent). Then they will jack up the price in the stores (plus they sound cool and people think they are worth the more expensive price). In short, the company ends up making a crap ton of money and the workers are basically paid nothing.

Sorry for the rant, i just hate it when companies take advantage of people like that.

This is completely random. I just wanted to let you know to be very careful about fair trade companies. Some, not all, are complet bs (i have no clue as to the stuff on the link). But what ends up happening is that the company will sign a fair trade agreement with the workers and give them a very small increase in pay (sometimes its something like 1 cent). Then they will jack up the price in the stores (plus they sound cool and people think they are worth the more expensive price). In short, the company ends up making a crap ton of money and the workers are basically paid nothing.

Sorry for the rant, i just hate it when companies take advantage of people like that.

I've heard of this happening often - I like to research before I purchase things - especially if it's "fair-trade"

That's why buying local is the best option in my opinion :)

I love charm bracelets, but the classic style ones. I don't really like the style of Pandora, plus I find that everyone has one, and my individualistic streak hates having what everyone else has.

I agree about the classic style charm bracelets. I have one from Links, and I think the classic charm bracelet looks much more feminine and less cheap. I think it's nice the way the charms dangle and can be spaced properly, and as I get them soldered on at a jewellery shop it's much less fiddly and they're less likely to fall off :)