pain is beauty

God. Cry me a river. You wanna switch jobs with me lady? I was in the lab until 3 AM last night running an experiment and basically worked 20 hours straight. Look at any industry and you'll find that hard work, period, is pain.

At least you have the privelage of flouncing down runways, wearing exquisitely beautiful clothes, surrounded by exquisitely beautiful people, getting exposure in glossy magazines, working with brilliant, creative minds, etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: 1 users
I would go through the pain to model those clothes :luv:

First World Problems

Uncomfortable shoes and modeling, kinda comes with the territory...

Some 3-4 years ago, I was attending a conference at a resort... And, as it usually goes - the weather had changed dramatically, so it was either freezing and soaking or shopping. Needles to say I picked the latter, but the thing is - I picked the wrong shoes, and I had to walk every day for several miles (different conference halls, dining room, my accommodation) wearing them... Yes, I couldn't wait to kick those damn things off my feet and they ended up in garbage bin as soon as the formal part was over, but apart from my best friends and my pedi, nobody knew about it.

She was PAID to wear them. I also get PAID do to some other things that hurt in one way or the other. Suck it up, girl - or get a desk job! Oh, wait - then you'd be whining about your back, right? :mad:

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think she meant to be whiney. From the quotes used, she seemed like she was saying it in a light-hearted, jokey way. The Daily Fail just made it seem ten times worse than it actually was.

I don't think she meant to be whiney. From the quotes used, she seemed like she was saying it in a light-hearted, jokey way. The Daily Fail just made it seem ten times worse than it actually was.
She was still unwise to complain at all.

And seriously, :nopity: for this girl. Oh, the shoes are uncomfortable, really? I bet every businesswoman that wears killer heels to work to project a certain image would also love to get paid for the "honour" ...

:lol: love the responses.

i agree that the fail probably took it out of context

but i have to admit- ive been there. ive done runway in size 4's because i was a last minute addition to the line up (im a size 6) and OH MY GOD THE PAIN- blood, blisters, you name it. not to mention you have to stand for ages waiting because youre not allowed to sit down and crease the clothes.

HOWEVER it is your job- and one of the most sought after jobs in the world! complain to the other girls modelling with you cos theyre in the same boat, or whatever. dont say that to a reporter where its going to go on an international online news site? i dont know i find it a little confusing hahaha

:lol: love the responses.

i agree that the fail probably took it out of context

but i have to admit- ive been there. ive done runway in size 4's because i was a last minute addition to the line up (im a size 6) and OH MY GOD THE PAIN- blood, blisters, you name it. not to mention you have to stand for ages waiting because youre not allowed to sit down and crease the clothes.

HOWEVER it is your job- and one of the most sought after jobs in the world! complain to the other girls modelling with you cos theyre in the same boat, or whatever. dont say that to a reporter where its going to go on an international online news site? i dont know i find it a little confusing hahaha

Agree with everything you said, when you do three shows in a day and they all have like 6 inch heels with no platform, and you have to do the rehearsals and stand around backstage then the real thing, ow.

And those size 4 shoes must have been awful, luckily I never had that problem. Have you ever been given court shoes that were too big? Although they don't hurt its super nerve racking when on the runway because you have to like grip them with your toes.

From the same show, I believe these are Aymeline Valade's feet.

tumblr_m410bkhXSh1r1ji4lo1_400.jpg

Agree with everything you said, when you do three shows in a day and they all have like 6 inch heels with no platform, and you have to do the rehearsals and stand around backstage then the real thing, ow.

And those size 4 shoes must have been awful, luckily I never had that problem. Have you ever been given court shoes that were too big? Although they don't hurt its super nerve racking when on the runway because you have to like grip them with your toes.

yeah ive done shows in 7s before too, and my feet are a small size 6 (sometimes i even ask for a 5) that was terrifying i just thought i was going to topple over. i had a full length dress on too haha- how to look elegant whilst gripping oversized shoes aha

If you are a model it's in your job description to wear killer heels, or to have a BMI of 15, so they should get used to it and not complain! :facepalm:
Every job has good and bad sides :hmm: