Oscars 2012: Who looked bad?

T

TinyEmma

Here's my list of who I thought got it wrong it at last night's Oscars. Let me know what you think!

1. EMMA STONE (in Giambattista Valli)

Emma has featured on a number of best dressed lists the morning but I just don't like her red carpet dress or her after-party dress.

I think the big bow around her neck is very fussy and the dress would be much more elegant without it. I think the after-party dress is an absolute monstrosity, the see through area on the bottom makes it look incredibly cheap - or maybe she just needs to stand with her legs together.

17698F8E35C823F0E11C59C985120.jpg

2. JENNIFER LOPEZ (in Zuhair Murad)

So f-ing boring and predictable from J-Lo. The woman is 42 (and looks great!) but her style is stuck in circa 2000. I expected to see P. Diddy on her arm. Come up with something new (yawn....)

C41744D17065E6ED933E91E2F658B7.jpg

3. STACEY KEIBLER (in Marchesa)

George Clooney's squeeze is one hot lady for sure but I think this shiny, gold creation is a bit of a disaster. Just because you're at the Oscar's doesn't mean you need to arrive looking like one!

239648-stacy-keibler-arrives-at-the-84th-academy-awards.jpg

4. JESSICA CHASTAIN (in Alexander McQueen)

Again, I'm surprised that this lady is on quite a few best dressed lists. Jessica, the medieval stately home near my house called, and it wants its curtains back. ASAP.

Jessica-Chastain-Pictures-Oscars-2012.jpg

5. ANNA FARIS (in Diane von Furstenberg)

Anna, Anna, Anna..... what were you thinking?! You look like the Wicked Witch of the Oscars!

image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Hahaha. :lol:

Hit me, but imo just Emma Stone's party dress and Stacey Keibler's dress are horrible. And maybe Anna Faris'... Who is she anyway? And Jessica Chastain? Don't know them.

I really don't like Gwyneth Paltrow's dress...what is this around her shoulders??

gwyneth-paltrow-oscars-2012-red-carpet.jpg

...and the hair, so boring...I mean are you serious? This is the Oscars!

gwyneth-paltro-2012-oscar-hair1.jpg

I disagree with you about Emma Stone's oscar dress - but UGH! That after party dress is hideous!

And you hit the nail on the head with Jennifer Lopez. Agree 100%. I love the color of that garnet dress, but srsly - *yawn*

I really don't like Gwyneth Paltrow's dress...what is this around her shoulders??

I didn't even notice her hair! I wouldn't even wear my hair like that to the office on a bad day!

I don't like the dress at all, especially the weird "cape" thing.... Gwyneth has been on a lot of the best dressed lists today though.

I disagree with you about Emma Stone's oscar dress - but UGH! That after party dress is hideous!

And you hit the nail on the head with Jennifer Lopez. Agree 100%. I love the color of that garnet dress, but srsly - *yawn*

Yeah, Emma Stone's dress has divided the columnists over here too.... but yeah, the after party dress is sooooo vile! What was she thinking?!

Diane Kruger (Inglorious Basterds, Troja) also wore a horrible dress at the Oscars. The golden clutch and the silver bangle don't go well together...and the underwear is very nice, but does everyone have to see it? Is it part of the dress? I have no idea...too bad, because I usually like her style a lot.

diane-kruger-oscars2012-1548435.jpg

Diane-Kruger_27_02_12.jpg

It's her style. She always wears this clean chic, mostly white. The hair fits her. Yes, it's boring, but nobody expected something special from her, because she'S always boring or whatever you want to call it.

3. STACEY KEIBLER (in Marchesa)

George Clooney's squeeze is one hot lady for sure but I think this shiny, gold creation is a bit of a disaster. Just because you're at the Oscar's doesn't mean you need to arrive looking like one!

239648-stacy-keibler-arrives-at-the-84th-academy-awards.jpg

This is so unflattering. You can tell she is a thin girl, why would she go and out that huge flower on her hip? It makes her look bulky.

I like Emma Stone dress minus the bow.
I didn't like Jennifer Lopez dress.

I didn't like Angelina's look, with the forced, awkward posing
brad-pitt-angelina-jolie-oscars-0226-18-435x580.jpg

I love Melissa McCarthy but she is getting way too big...

I still haven't decide if I like Shailene Woodley's dress. It has something but it's also mising something:
shailene_woodley_oscars.jpg

And what the heck is this?
140041142_10.jpg

And what the heck is this?
140041142_10.jpg

HOLY MOLY! How did I miss this?! Come on! Who can look in the mirror, see this meringue/ blancmange debacle and think you look good?! A trash bag would have been a better option!

Yes, totally agree on Angelina. I don't mind the dress (although a little dull and predictable from her....) but what was with the forced posing? It looked really stupid when she came on stage to present an award or something, posed, didn't get it right, so re-posed with her leg!

When the guys who won the Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar came up to accept the award they were making fun of her awkward posing!

jim_rash.jpg

She looked like a walking cadaver. She looks haggard and wrinkly. It's time to gain 5 pounds, Angie. She's too old now to get away with being this skinny without having it make her face look sunken. Maybe that's why she kept poking out her leg, to take the focus off that shiny sack she used to call her face. It's so sad, since that face is truly a work of art.

The way she did the posing was almost like a defiant joke, so I can't be mad at her for it. Her attitude was like "Oh, yeah? I'm boring on the red carpet?? Get a load of THIS!! Yeah, that's right. I know you'll eat it up. You're all my little toys that I like to play with. Don't provoke the dragon. I may have toned it down, but I'm still in here. Boom." But I'm gonna need her to fix that face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Roony Mara. She was stunning. And I wish Angie got a better dress she had so much potential. I loved her makeup and color contrasts though. I just feel like it's been done before.

So looked at the pictures on my lunch break, and i cant point out the bad because there are so many but here out of the many are some that i like.
The style of this dress is okay, but i don't like the color at all.
1330300087_maria-menounos-lg.jpg

This dress is nice just take away the tornado on the side.
1330303294_stacy-keibler-lg.jpg

Okay and i know this is a guy, and no i would not wear his suit... but this guy always has this dazed and confused look on his face.... like what the hell did u do before the show..
1330312112_jonah-hill-lg.jpg

Yah that is about it...

Does she have a waist? :lol:

No? Honestly: Is she pregnant? Seemed she gained a LOT of fat. Her arms and legs are fat. But it's hard to notice since everyone stares at that dress. Seems it should be some diversionary maneuver - and I totally fell for it before!