North American stores for smaller sizes

Aussiee

Worker Bee
Jul 14, 2017
East Coast
Hey!!
So I recently moved to Canada (pretty much on the border with the states tho) from Australia and one thing I've noticed is that the sizes are all a lot larger here and I'm having trouble finding stores where I can try things on and the fitted sizes are small enough. I'm not a big fan of shopping online in Canada because the import taxes are stupid, so I was hoping to find some physical stores. I always have trouble with waistbands being too big and shoulders being too wide, as well as necklines being made for some big titties (ain't got any of those :confused:). I find that really baggy clothes aren't usually very flattering for my shape so I'm more in the market for fitted clothes.

So where are the good places to shop for smaller sizes?? Where do all the SG girls go??

Hey!!
So I recently moved to Canada (pretty much on the border with the states tho) from Australia and one thing I've noticed is that the sizes are all a lot larger here and I'm having trouble finding stores where I can try things on and the fitted sizes are small enough. I'm not a big fan of shopping online in Canada because the import taxes are stupid, so I was hoping to find some physical stores. I always have trouble with waistbands being too big and shoulders being too wide, as well as necklines being made for some big titties (ain't got any of those :confused:). I find that really baggy clothes aren't usually very flattering for my shape so I'm more in the market for fitted clothes.

So where are the good places to shop for smaller sizes?? Where do all the SG girls go??

Before making a new thread, make sure you use the search function to check there isn't an already existing thread covering the same topic. You might be able to find an answer to your question there, or add to an existing thread so as to not clog up the forums.

I am positive this subject has been discussed to death before, and I remember there was a thread made for this exact topic at some point. I would refer you to it but I am too lazy to search atm.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Before making a new thread, make sure you use the search function to check there isn't an already existing thread covering the same topic. You might be able to find an answer to your question there, or add to an existing thread so as to not clog up the forums.

I am positive this subject has been discussed to death before, and I remember there was a thread made for this exact topic at some point. I would refer you to it but I am too lazy to search atm.

IMO the problem is what @Silent Night said...

I don't know if it's fair to blame rookies for duplicating threads when they have no way of knowing those threads exist or even that the relevant forum exists. It's just one of the inevitable results of having classified areas on the boards. AFAIK new members don't get told about the areas they can't see.

Also tbh I doubt most new members put much time in on the new member thread:

https://www.skinnygossip.com/community/threads/new-member-orientation.9624/

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I saw the "skinny approved labels" thread but it hasn't been posted in for about 2 years, and many brands have changed their size measurements during that time so I was hoping to get some current opinions, if that's ok?

Unless there's another more recent thread that I haven't found?? Please let me know!!!

Edit: Are we allowed to necropost here??? I wasn't sure and thought not for this topic as it's a huge nono for most forums. Sorry if I'm in the wrong!

Are we allowed to necropost here???

Just my opinion but I think it depends on the topic. If there's already a thread relating to your question and it has ongoing interest, as in this example (ie people will always want to know where to get appropriately sized clothes) then it makes sense to continue the previous thread instead of creating a new one addressing precisely the same theme, even if it hasn't been active for a while. That makes searching the forum much easier.

OTOH it's annoying to revive a thread that was relevant at some point in the past but that no-one cares about any more, eg one about some celebrity that everyone has forgotten.

I've never really understood the taboo about adding to old threads when there's something new to say about it that other members will want to discuss.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I've never really understood the taboo about adding to old threads when there's something new to say about it that other members will want to discuss.

Agreed - especially as in this case it would be relevant to highlight which brands to avoid due to them having been great options before but have undergone vanity sizing over the last couple of years, especially due to the fact that a lot of people shop online and may have not purchased the brand in a while.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users