new series of supersize v superskinny

YES HE HAS :) what's everyone's most inspiring part of supersize v. Superskinny? Not to be like the supers or admiring the skinnies?? Do most of the skinnies smoke too? Just how it seems to me.. Anybody tried smoking to keep weight down? Does it work?? 5'8" CW is currently 128 :( GW 110 help please!!

I liked the last episode the most because it has definitely put me off cheese (not completely though). Also, I do crave diet coke time to time but a lot of the skinnies including the super sizers have coke which has put me off because they all just look pretty awful. I don't admire the skinnies, they're eating is either completely bland/boring or just revolting junk. On the show, as far as I remember there was only one or two that smoked. I don't smoke (never have) and been slim/skinny but not skinny enough my entire life so it's possible to stay skinny without the nicotine habit.

I want to see Dr. Christian's diet in the tube, now that would be interesting :hmm:

Ahh, I am so excited to watch again! For some reason I thought the show had been discontinued, I'm so happy to see its still on. I used to watch it a few years ago and found it motivating and fascinating. It's kind of like watching a train wreck sometimes, knowing that suddenly switching diets like that is quite
unhealthy for both of them. But there was one skinny model on there who was beautiful and inspiring, even after she gained weight (tho why she wanted to gain weight as a pro model did confuse me a bit...). Love this show!

Oh my gosh, I just watch the s05e01 and sometimes I even have to cover my eyes why they are in America--those feet and everything..ohmy.

And I really have to wonder - how much do the supersizers spend on their food? It has to be a fortune! Imagine what you could do with that money they put just in their mouths?

Totally agree would love to see dr christians diet, I saw a topless pic of him in a magazine, it was kinda freaky because his body is very toned and muscly but that face.....NO.....just NO!

I watched a few episodes of the first season and it really seemed to focus negatively on the skinny (this may have already been pointed out in earlier posts). With the Dr. talking about the health issues of being so thin etc. Um hello? What about the major health issues of being so overweight? It was like, oh if the fatty loses weight that is just a side benefit. It should be the entire point of the show! How about photos of the fat person's clogged arteries rather than photos of the thin person's hip bones?

This show seems very interesting. I started watching the first episode and the narrator was saying how 1/3 of Americans are already obese...is that true, that's awful!

Are there any Americans here that feel ashamed/embarrassed for the country?

This show seems very interesting. I started watching the first episode and the narrator was saying how 1/3 of Americans are already obese...is that true, that's awful!

Are there any Americans here that feel ashamed/embarrassed for the country?

Me!

America as a whole is a pathetic example of health IMO. 2/3 of Americans are overweight and half of that are obese. It's disgusting.

Between driving everywhere, fast foods, processed foods, restaurant portions, sedentary jobs, etc etc. What really gets me are the children. Fat adults feed their children shitty foods and allow them to sit in front of the TV instead of playing/exercising. Schools no longer have gym class. Kids take after their parents and blimp up before puberty. It's awful.

I have to admit, I feel smug staying thin in this country. It's almost like you're a rare bird to be admired by the rest of the fat population.

I'm definitely interested in this show, I am going to check out some of the links here. I'm a big fan of the Biggest Loser on TV; I find it fascinating to watch the bodies shrink week after week. Too bad not too many of them stay as thin as they are at the finales.

driving everywhere, fast foods, processed foods, restaurant portions

All of this. When I visited the States these things absolutely shocked me, especially the driving. I can walk anywhere in my city within a couple of hours if I really need to. Impossible in the USA.

And the first time my order arrived in a restaurant it totally floored me. There was like another two meals on my plate as sides, as well as what I'd ordered, which was already like a good three servings. Incredible waste.

That boy's mother is such an idiot. Why do you make children if you don't care about them? How can you watch your child get bigger and bigger and do nothing about it, especially if you are diabetic yourself? These episodes piss me off.

Have you girls seen the new kid's version of Supersize v Superskinny??

The first episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKcCho6RVgc

I can't watch the kids ones. I just don't understand some parents, how hard is it say no to them. I was actually shocked, I think I watched one episode but I'm not really used to seeing fat kids, it's very depressing to see young kids that are so big, I feel like their size doesn't fully allow them to be kids.

Miss_Ski[CENTER said:
nny;164677]That boy's mother is such an idiot. Why do you make children if you don't care about them? How can you watch your child get bigger and bigger and do nothing about it, especially if you are diabetic yourself? These episodes piss me off.​

This. The kids version makes me rage and it doesn't help that in pretty much every episode the parent of the overweight kid is overweight themselves and the parent of the skinny kid is skinny/normal weight. It's just so blatantly obvious that your child's eating habits will reflect your own and overweight parents are not only damaging their own health by eating shit but they're also creating health problems for their kids by teaching them to do the same.​

I cant watch this on TV but I do watch episodes on YouTube. Even some of the super skinnies have disgusting eating habits. My favorite is when they come out in their underwear next to each other. That the fatties are like quadruple the size of the skinny. *shudders*

I loved watching this show when it was on tv here... some of the skinnies had such nice bodies, and they were shamed for being "too skinny" ugh. My favourite part was when they would hold their arms up against the fatties arms and it would be like 1/4 of theirs!

I always get annoyed by how the skinnies are treated. At least one skinny woman was told that she needed to gain weight to have a more curvy feminine body, because that's how she's meant to be. Some of the health risks are real, but stuff like that is just bull.