new series of supersize v superskinny

Yay! I love this show!
600full-supersize-vs-superskinny-photo.jpg

OMG, that is hilarious!

just watched this weeks episode with the two guys. The scariest bit though was when Dr Christian was in the hospital in America and all the peoplt there knew their health problems were caused by obesity, but they were just carrying on anyway. Even the obese guy only in his thirties and had been told he had just a few years to live if he carried on the way he was, didn't appear to be doing much about it. They all seemed to blame it on fast food and the convenience of it, but they are the ones that choose to put it in their mouths, no one is forcing them to order from their local burger joint!!

just watched this weeks episode with the two guys. The scariest bit though was when Dr Christian was in the hospital in America and all the peoplt there knew their health problems were caused by obesity, but they were just carrying on anyway. Even the obese guy only in his thirties and had been told he had just a few years to live if he carried on the way he was, didn't appear to be doing much about it. They all seemed to blame it on fast food and the convenience of it, but they are the ones that choose to put it in their mouths, no one is forcing them to order from their local burger joint!!

I totally agree. You have no obligation to eat at a junk food restaurant.

new episode

new episode was on last night, skinny bloke, big woman. The skinny bloke was a food analyst and subsequently paid a lot of attention to fat, calories, salt etc. I can understand why he wanted to put weight on as a male but unlike the skinnys usually on this show his diet seemed good, he had plain porridge for breakfast, a chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal for lunch and chicken salad for tea, his snacks were fruit. Friday was his treat day where he had a small ish portion of homemade chicken curry and rice.:)

The newest skinny -- Nick -- was absolutely adorable! "A little treat on Fridays" :luv: how cute. He was so kind and patient towards the other guest, too.

I agree that his meals seemed really healthy, just maybe too small a portion for him. He seems naturally slim, and his job probably has him on his feet a lot more than typical office work.

He was so sweet!
I loved how when the supersize was crying he said "You don't have to eat the tomatoes now" Aww :)
But I think he was reeeally skinny and OCD about his food. Like 110 pounds at 5'10 for a guy is not good, IMO
Though I know a whole bunch of 6' tall guys who eat rubbish and still weight not more than 55 kg

Nick was so sweet. And, I agree with everyone that his meals were healthy but perhaps a bit bland. Healthy eating doesn't have to be the same thing everyday.

Also, I'm curious as to why the supersizer did not make to the final weigh-in. I felt sad for Nick usually the contestants are so smiley and celebrating each other accomplishments at the end but poor Nick was there alone with the scale. Has something like that happened before? This is the first I've seen.

Has anyone seen the last episode, with the super sizer medical student? In my uni there is like one or two medic students in each year that are the same size as that medical student. They should all go in as a group on the show and swap diets. No doctor to be should ever be that size!
I liked that episode though as she had a huge weekness for cheese, which has kind of put me off cheese, not completely though but still every time I want to eat some I'm now going to picture all that milk and lard going into cheese making, ugh!

Has anyone seen the last episode, with the super sizer medical student? In my uni there is like one or two medic students in each year that are the same size as that medical student. They should all go in as a group on the show and swap diets. No doctor to be should ever be that size!
I liked that episode though as she had a huge weekness for cheese, which has kind of put me off cheese, not completely though but still every time I want to eat some I'm now going to picture all that milk and lard going into cheese making, ugh!
I saw it and I thought that it's one of the rare eps where the supersizer was actually the nice one and the superskinny was a whiney little princess. Supersizer really did try and didn't bitch about the food in front of superskinny and seemed like a really sweet person overall and I was happy that she lost 2 stone in the end. Most of the supersizers end up crying about too little food etc. but she held it up really well.

Superskinny on the other hand...seems to put herself on some kind of high ground over supersizer and was always so bitchy and condescending about supersizer's choice of food. I wasn't surprised that she didn't change, she seems like the "I'm ALWAYS right!" kind and so didn't want to follow the meal plan (anyone see the clip of her nagging her husband/father - I'm not sure who that older gentleman is - about his fondness for cheese). She was pretty in her youth but looks very dried up and pruney now.

Yeah, this is one of the really rare times I sympathize with supersize and dislike the superskinny.

I saw it and I thought that it's one of the rare eps where the supersizer was actually the nice one and the superskinny was a whiney little princess. Supersizer really did try and didn't bitch about the food in front of superskinny and seemed like a really sweet person overall and I was happy that she lost 2 stone in the end. Most of the supersizers end up crying about too little food etc. but she held it up really well.

Superskinny on the other hand...seems to put herself on some kind of high ground over supersizer and was always so bitchy and condescending about supersizer's choice of food. I wasn't surprised that she didn't change, she seems like the "I'm ALWAYS right!" kind and so didn't want to follow the meal plan (anyone see the clip of her nagging her husband/father - I'm not sure who that older gentleman is - about his fondness for cheese). She was pretty in her youth but looks very dried up and pruney now.

Yeah, this is one of the really rare times I sympathize with supersize and dislike the superskinny.

I didn't actually like either of them. The super sizer was laughing all throughout the show. I think the woman must be in her 50s and that man was her husband. It was like she was trying to fatten him up and at the same time do damage to her body.

I liked the medical student because it showed that medics are just as effected by eating problems as everone else. Since im going to be a doctor, its nice to know that doctors are still flawed human being too. Sometimes its scary to think that Im not perfect enough to be a doctor. But doctors arent perfect at all :D

I watched some episodes on youtube but I don't understand all britsh accents… There should be subtitles. And what is a stone? I always forget. But it's not that importand because you can actually see how thin/fat they are.

Thanks to both of you. But since I have to convert stone into pounds and pounds into Kilos I gave up on that :)

Thank you!

Is it just me or has Dr. Christian gotten more handsome?

YES HE HAS :) what's everyone's most inspiring part of supersize v. Superskinny? Not to be like the supers or admiring the skinnies?? Do most of the skinnies smoke too? Just how it seems to me.. Anybody tried smoking to keep weight down? Does it work?? 5'8" CW is currently 128 :( GW 110 help please!!

YES HE HAS :) what's everyone's most inspiring part of supersize v. Superskinny? Not to be like the supers or admiring the skinnies?? Do most of the skinnies smoke too? Just how it seems to me.. Anybody tried smoking to keep weight down? Does it work?? 5'8" CW is currently 128 :( GW 110 help please!!

I think at least half of the comments on the YouTube links for SS vs SS are along the lines of, "BUT WHY IS DR CHRISTIAN GAAAAY :cry:" hahaha

I like to think of how my food would look in that tube from the earlier seasons. Disgusting and greasy and full, or colourful and healthy-looking and tiny?

And a lot of skinnies smoke, but you can certainly lose weight without it :)