Need a narrow shaft.......boot

H

Hypatia

Ladies and gent, I have been looking high and low for knee high boots that fit a narrow calf but have had no luck. I don't want to spend more than $200 because they won't get much use where I live (maybe two months max). Have any of you found luck with knee high boots (leather please)? My calf is 12.5" and I wear a 7.5 or EU 38.

I am about ready to give up and just get booties instead.

Ladies and gent, I have been looking high and low for knee high boots that fit a narrow calf but have had no luck. I don't want to spend more than $200 because they won't get much use where I live (maybe two months max). Have any of you found luck with knee high boots (leather please)? My calf is 12.5" and I wear a 7.5 or EU 38.

This totally sucks, I have the same problem! Try to wear thick socks, that's what I have to do with my Hunter Boots. Sorry I'm not much help!

Well, I found two that fit at Nordstrom

- Stuart Weitzman "park" boot $595
- Aquatalia "toast" boot $498

They were lovely and they will stay at the store because I don't want to spend that much ..... But if any others need narrow boots, these brands should do it.

I will be getting booties instead.

Is the brand Vagabond available where you live? They used to have some!

Yes, would love some tips on this, please. I can't seem to find anything that isn't like $600 that has a tight calf. I'm a 39 and most larger sized boots seem to be made for big gals. Would also love suggestions on thigh high leather boots.

I have a 12.5 - 12.75 (depending what time of day :lol:) calf and I am currently wearing these
http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=64792&np=595_896
and I love them (I have a size 7.5). They're a bit big in the leg but it still looks really stylish with skinny jeans. There not as shiny either like the photo shows, it's more matte black leather

I have this problem (even with my larger calves) and I brought my boots to a shoe repair place and they took them in. It only cost $75 but it was worth it. You could buy a cheaper pair of boots (since they don't last long) and put the money into tailoring.

Teehee, the title.

I find that the boots VS stocks online are relatively slim, the Colin Stuart ones (I think? My tag has worn off)? But it's hard to say, as the backings on the ones I have is a sort of elastic material. So you could try looking for those, or simply a style that's lace-up.

If if makes you feel better, I was telling my boyfriend (who works at a clothing store) how much this frustrates me, and he said that 99% of girls who come in bitch that the boots are too small for their calves! :lol:

I've given up now. I have a pair of really thick winter boots that aren't that bad cause the material is puffy, but for leather-style boots I just wear combat boots ):

I've given up now. I have a pair of really thick winter boots that aren't that bad cause the material is puffy, but for leather-style boots I just wear combat boots ):

I'm toying with the idea to nevertheless splurge on a beautiful high knee skinny boots (the one I saw are just perfect, classy but 70's grunge at the same time) but I would stuff with a large rubber band at the top of the boots, you know for it to stick where they should stick.

I'm toying with the idea to nevertheless splurge on a beautiful high knee skinny boots (the one I saw are just perfect, classy but 70's grunge at the same time) but I would stuff with a large rubber band at the top of the boots, you know for it to stick where they should stick.

What?

In case you change your mind, look at dress boots for dressage or some type of English riding. (My favorite brand is Ariat). Calf measurements are typically very small because the boots are meant to stretch, thus making them a perfect fit. If your calf's are already small then they won't stretch. Not to mention they are so comfortable because they aren't made just for fashion; they are tools and need to be comfortable enough to compete in. Price for some very nice real leather ones is $150-200 though I'm sure you can find a good deal out there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have the same calf measurement, 12"-12.5" and always thought they were too thick. Interns always be zipping my skin in Rochas and Chanel boots. I cry sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Stuart Weizman 50/50s!

@tiny-dancer I know you posted this ages ago, but I'm thinking of buying these in black suede for winter - or maybe the "Reserve" boots? I can't make up my mind. Do you like yours? Are they as functional (I'm thinking specifically for day-to-night) as they seem?

Stuart Weizman 50/50s!
@tiny-dancer I know you posted this ages ago, but I'm thinking of buying these in black suede for winter - or maybe the "Reserve" boots? I can't make up my mind. Do you like yours? Are they as functional (I'm thinking specifically for day-to-night) as they seem?
I have to chime in here. I have a few 5050s. I think I made a thread on it somewhere here I only got them after seeing Olivia Palermo with them. They are seriously the best shoes ever. Expensive but cheaper than most boots and I def think they're worth it. I absolutely loveeee them! I wear them both for day and night but I don't wear them for clubbing/dancing.

I have to chime in here. I have a few 5050s. I think I made a thread on it somewhere here I only got them after seeing Olivia Palermo with them. They are seriously the best shoes ever. Expensive but cheaper than most boots and I def think they're worth it. I absolutely loveeee them! I wear them both for day and night but I don't wear them for clubbing/dancing.

Oh, thank you!! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I've been in love with them since seeing Olivia Palermo wear them, too - but it wasn't until recently that I realized what a deficit there is in my closet for knee-high flat boots.

You're the best :kiss: